Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Your favorite book? (Book Worms)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Gangsta Nun Jun 3 2008, 19:47 PM
Mine would have to be The High Lord which is the last book in a very very good trilogy by trudi Canavan.

The Magicians' Guild
The Novice
The High Lord

The author has also done another very good trilogy

Age Of The Five

Post your favourite book ever

Clan: Tools of War

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 2ConGrUenCy Jun 4 2008, 15:58 PM
Yeah, those books are good but I prefer books written by other authors (Dean Koontz and Matthew Reilly).

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Gangsta Nun Jun 4 2008, 16:17 PM
Havent heard of those, What one of the trilogy you like the best?

+
# 4ConGrUenCy Jun 5 2008, 09:15 AM
The High Lord ofc.
If you like those books, I suggest you start reading books by Reimond Feist. He has written quite a few books so make you sure you read them in order, the first one is The Apprentice.

+
# 5TDA Jun 5 2008, 09:26 AM
Propably "Angels and Demons".

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: None

+
# 6Gangsta Nun Jun 5 2008, 15:58 PM
whos that by?

+
# 7A^atar Jun 5 2008, 16:02 PM
I'd have to say my favorite series atm is The Wheel of Time. It's an epic eleven book long series depicting a struggle between good and evil through twists and turns of fate. It's an outstanding series so far from what I've read in the frist book The Eye of the World.

I love reading fantasy novels, but I'd have to say the best book I've ever read was The Count of Monte Cristo . And next in line to that would probably be any of these suspense novels by Harlen Coben: The Innocent, Tell No One, or Gone for Good.

I'm reading a comical book atm entitled Good Omens. It is about the end of the world and a plot by an angel named Aziraphale and a demon named Crowly to find a misplaced anti-christ and stop him from ending the world...just so they can both enjoy more time on Earth (because apparently Heaven and Hell are far more boring). Here's a quote from the book which I find very hilarious, it's a conversation between Aziraphale and Crowly over whether or not good or evil does more for the human world...

"But it nearly worked," snapped Crowley, feeling he should stick up for the old firm."

"You see, evil always contains the seeds of its own destruction," said the angel. "It is ultimately negative, and therefore encompasses its downfall even at its moments of apparent triumph. No matter how grandiose, how well-planned, how apparently foolproof an evil plan, the inherent sinfulness will by definition rebound upon its instigators. No matter how apparently successful it may seem upon the way, at the end it will wreck itself. It will founder upon the rocks of iniquity and sink headfirst to vanish without a trace into the seas of oblivion."

Crowly considered this. "Nah" he said, at last. "For my money, it was just average incompetence"

@ TDA: "Angels and Demons is one of the books I wish to read this summer"

Clan: JR

+
# 8Gangsta Nun Jun 5 2008, 17:29 PM
Fanatsy's my favourite genre too i used to read alot but i've seemed to slow atm.

+
# 9ConGrUenCy Jun 5 2008, 18:20 PM
QUOTE(Istari Wizard @ Jun 5 2008, 21:28 PM) *

whos that by?

Dan Brown.

+
# 10Danny^ Jun 5 2008, 18:36 PM
Ive only read about 10 books that were not gave to me to read for school and prob my fav was Eldest the 2nd book in the Eragon series.

+
# 11Forlong Jun 5 2008, 19:05 PM
QUOTE(TDA @ Jun 5 2008, 04:26 AM) *

Although Dan Brown's other books are pretty darn good too.

But omg, could you ask me a harder question? Harry Potter's really good, there are some very nice StarWars books (NJO: Traitor, Episode III literary adaptation), a couple of Michael Chrichton's (I don't remember how to spell his name) were very good, particularly the global warming one (I forget what it's called)...

I'd better stop now.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 12JuanRing Jun 6 2008, 04:55 AM
QUOTE(TDA @ Jun 5 2008, 09:26 AM) *

Really? I thought it was really good until the end, then it just totally escalated in my opinion - and not in a good way. I have to say I found all of Dan Brown's other books better. By ze way: 'probably' TDA - I know B and P are so very close on the keyboard, but ... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(A^atar @ Jun 5 2008, 16:02 PM) *

I'd have to say my favorite series atm is The Wheel of Time. It's an epic eleven book long series depicting a struggle between good and evil through twists and turns of fate. It's an outstanding series so far from what I've read in the frist book The Eye of the World.

The Wheel of Time > any other fantasy series tbh. Despite some slightly shaky plot development in the later books, I've never read anything as intriguing in the fantasy genre and I mean this series really pulls you in once you get into it. To think that it'll never be finished pisses me off. biggrin.gif

I love reading fantasy novels, but I'd have to say the best book I've ever read was The Count of Monte Cristo . And next in line to that would probably be any of these suspense novels by Harlen Coben: The Innocent, Tell No One, or Gone for Good.

The Count of Monte Cristo - definitely one of the best books ever. Another excellent, originally French book is The Scarlet Pimpernel, against the backdrop of the French Revolution. Extremely fun book to read.

+
# 13Danny^ Jun 6 2008, 05:22 AM
The Maximum Ride series is actually rather gd my cousin got me hooked on them.

This post has been edited by Danny^: Jun 6 2008, 05:23 AM

+
# 14AntiElfman Jun 6 2008, 06:13 AM
The Cat in the Hat.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 15SweeneyPro^ Jun 6 2008, 06:54 AM
LOL

Clan: [FtN]

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 16Gangsta Nun Jun 6 2008, 07:10 AM
lol that cat is wierd tbh

+
# 17TDA Jun 6 2008, 07:29 AM
Really? I thought it was really good until the end, then it just totally escalated in my opinion - and not in a good way. I have to say I found all of Dan Brown's other books better.

That's somewhat right but i still like it more than The Da Vinci Code tho it's good as well. I don't think Deception Point is that good and i've heard Digital Fortress is a joke when you know the stuff he's writing about.

By ze way: 'probably' TDA - I know B and P are so very close on the keyboard, but ... biggrin.gif

Lol yeh, i always fuck this up when i'm typing fast without thinking biggrin.gif.

Game: None

+
# 18ConGrUenCy Jun 6 2008, 08:14 AM
QUOTE(Danny^ @ Jun 6 2008, 10:52 AM) *

The Maximum Ride series is actually rather gd my cousin got me hooked on them.

Yeah, I like that series too. biggrin.gif

+
# 19JuanRing Jun 6 2008, 09:11 AM
QUOTE(TDA @ Jun 6 2008, 07:29 AM) *

That's somewhat right but i still like it more than The Da Vinci Code tho it's good as well. I don't think Deception Point is that good and i've heard Digital Fortress is a joke when you know the stuff he's writing about.

Yeah, I for my part enjoyed Deception Point and Da Vinci better than Angels and Demons - maybe it was the time I read them or something else, I just found the first two more intriguing and was disappointed in the ending of Angels and Demons after having greatly enjoyed the first half of the book. As for Digital Fortress, read it a while back and I actually liked it - of course there are some realism gaps but: You have those in every single Dan Brown book. biggrin.gif And aside from those, the book's good fun.

Lol yeh, i always fuck this up when i'm typing fast without thinking biggrin.gif.

Yeah, I think everyone has at least one such quirk. For me it's exchanging 'your' with 'you're' when I'm typing without thinking. biggrin.gif

+
# 20ElradX Jun 6 2008, 19:07 PM
Les MisÚrables (Victor Hugo) > best trilogy ive ever read

This post has been edited by ElradX: Jun 6 2008, 19:16 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)