Explore GameReplays...

Reset Passwords!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1rangeraragorn Jan 1 2019, 00:19 AM
I was notified by a web monitoring service that this site was reported as having a data breach in August of 2018, exposing emails and passwords for accounts on this site. If you haven't recently, I strongly encourage everyone to change their passwords, just in case.

+
# 2BearBigBlue Jan 1 2019, 19:24 PM
I was also notified by a web monitoring service that the attack happened back in August 2018, and almost 270,000 names and unencrypted passwords were stolen.

I don't know if my original account is still active here, how do I find out what my old login was?

+
# 3djw2104 Jan 1 2019, 19:32 PM
QUOTE(rangeraragorn @ Jan 1 2019, 00:19 AM) *

I was notified by a web monitoring service that this site was reported as having a data breach in August of 2018, exposing emails and passwords for accounts on this site. If you haven't recently, I strongly encourage everyone to change their passwords, just in case.

The first I have heard and I am active every day.

I can confirm that there has been no such vreach.

QUOTE(BearBigBlue @ Jan 1 2019, 19:24 PM) *

I was also notified by a web monitoring service that the attack happened back in August 2018, and almost 270,000 names and unencrypted passwords were stolen.

I don't know if my original account is still active here, how do I find out what my old login was?

PM me with additional details and I shall what I can do for you.

This post has been merged by djw2104: Jan 1 2019, 19:34 PM

Game: None

+
# 4rangeraragorn Jan 1 2019, 23:44 PM
I'm just sharing the notification I received. That's all. I am not going to go into whether or not the report is legit (because let's face it - it's the internet - we all know not everything you read online is true). All I am saying is I would highly recommend people change their passwords, just in case.

Attached is a screen shot of the notification. I cut off the section that showed my email address used to create my account here.

[Added...]

And a correction is in order to my original post - the notification says the site was reported as possibly having a data exposure in August of 2018.

This post has been edited by rangeraragorn: Jan 2 2019, 00:37 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 5Leikeze Jan 3 2019, 00:02 AM
Ironically, I changed my email just the other day.

Remember to add attachments into your posts, as this will display them correctly, as opposed to having them hanging on the bottom.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: Graphics

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)