QUOTE(nothing exists @ Apr 1 2012, 05:46 AM) *

oh damn, pizza just sat-them-down

+1

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 11nothing exists Apr 4 2012, 23:56 PM
on computer/gaming mice

does anyone else agree with me here?

one particular problem i have with all computer mice, is that the companies who produce all these mice seem to be oblivious to one very important detail. being, ALL THESE MICE ARE TOO SMALL.

i do not have large hands. i use both the original sidewinder mouse and the cyborg RAT 7 mouse, which has just broke on me because i was eating a waffle and somehow syrup, however slight it may have been, managed to find it's way under the left click.. so i would press the button down and then have to wait a half second for it to rise back up since it would stick to the bottom,. i was unable to play with it due to this, so i attempted to clean it by raising the right click and cleaning under it with a napkin, bad idea, as it has broken the mouse... meaning now although it's cleaned, the button does not press down as quickly and easily as it used to, sucks.

anyway.. i think all mice are too small, I DO NOT WANT MY HAND TO BE LARGER THAN THE MOUSE, the hand is supposed to rest on the mouse. therefore the mouse should be a platform that is able to carry the entire hand.. like a bed is to someone sleeping on it. it would be uncomfortable for your libs to be stretching over the sides.. i don't like it when the meat of my thumb, and the bottom of the pinky-side are entirely resting on the mouse pad itself... which is the case with just about every mouse in existence... some mice have slight docking curves on both sides, these tend to make very little difference. as the mouse is not necessarily larger, but has grooves for you to "feel" the placement of your thumb and pinky.

in addition to width, the mouse NEEDS TO BE HIGHER OFF THE GROUND.. i want to feel like my hand has a full grip on the mouse, or that it is large enough to be fully gripped by my hand, if it is too low to the mouse pad you always feel like your hand has to sacrifice grip potential in order to grasp, so to speak.. try lifting up your palm, while your thumb and pinky are left to remain resting on the sides where they normally should... there will be a very large space of air now between your palm and the top of the mouse... this space of air should not exist, it should be entirely filled with the body of the mouse. this also means the rear of the mouse needs to be BULKY... too many mice for some reason drastically slope downwards in this area.. so your palm not only isn't as elevated as it should be, it is also resting on an awkward slope that should really be a mound.

honestly, with the way mice are shaped i would rather not be gripping a mouse at all, as the hand is being forced to grip something that is not properly sized for the hand to grip in order to control the motion of the cursor across the screen.. it would be better if no mouse existed at all, but sensory devices attached to your pointer and index fingers, so that whenever you simply tapped the mouse pad it would count as a 'click', without ever having to worry about holding onto what it is that you're grabbing.

this problem with mice may seem insignificant, but once you realize how large and shaped a mouse ought to be, you will realize how significant it is.

the angle itself is also important, as a more ergonomic position a slightly tilted grasp, rather than your hand laying on it completely horizontally.

there would be so much more control and precision anyway in the hand moving a much larger and even heavier device, due to the nerves sensing this, which includes muscle memory.. with a smaller/lighter mouse, there is simply far less for the nerves to sense and remember.

so far, this is just about the only properly shaped/sized mouse i have ever seen...

IPB Image

IPB Image

it's called the handshoe mouse, although the shape is ideal, it lacks the extra buttons, tracking, dpi, and other settings you want in a gaming mouse.

This post has been edited by nothing exists: Apr 4 2012, 23:59 PM

+
# 12(MM) :: Polarbearz Apr 5 2012, 04:18 AM
QUOTE(nothing exists @ Apr 4 2012, 23:56 PM) *

on computer/gaming mice

does anyone else agree with me here?

one particular problem i have with all computer mice, is that the companies who produce all these mice seem to be oblivious to one very important detail. being, ALL THESE MICE ARE TOO SMALL.

i do not have large hands. i use both the original sidewinder mouse and the cyborg RAT 7 mouse, which has just broke on me because i was eating a waffle and somehow syrup, however slight it may have been, managed to find it's way under the left click.. so i would press the button down and then have to wait a half second for it to rise back up since it would stick to the bottom,. i was unable to play with it due to this, so i attempted to clean it by raising the right click and cleaning under it with a napkin, bad idea, as it has broken the mouse... meaning now although it's cleaned, the button does not press down as quickly and easily as it used to, sucks.

anyway.. i think all mice are too small, I DO NOT WANT MY HAND TO BE LARGER THAN THE MOUSE, the hand is supposed to rest on the mouse. therefore the mouse should be a platform that is able to carry the entire hand.. like a bed is to someone sleeping on it. it would be uncomfortable for your libs to be stretching over the sides.. i don't like it when the meat of my thumb, and the bottom of the pinky-side are entirely resting on the mouse pad itself... which is the case with just about every mouse in existence... some mice have slight docking curves on both sides, these tend to make very little difference. as the mouse is not necessarily larger, but has grooves for you to "feel" the placement of your thumb and pinky.

in addition to width, the mouse NEEDS TO BE HIGHER OFF THE GROUND.. i want to feel like my hand has a full grip on the mouse, or that it is large enough to be fully gripped by my hand, if it is too low to the mouse pad you always feel like your hand has to sacrifice grip potential in order to grasp, so to speak.. try lifting up your palm, while your thumb and pinky are left to remain resting on the sides where they normally should... there will be a very large space of air now between your palm and the top of the mouse... this space of air should not exist, it should be entirely filled with the body of the mouse. this also means the rear of the mouse needs to be BULKY... too many mice for some reason drastically slope downwards in this area.. so your palm not only isn't as elevated as it should be, it is also resting on an awkward slope that should really be a mound.

honestly, with the way mice are shaped i would rather not be gripping a mouse at all, as the hand is being forced to grip something that is not properly sized for the hand to grip in order to control the motion of the cursor across the screen.. it would be better if no mouse existed at all, but sensory devices attached to your pointer and index fingers, so that whenever you simply tapped the mouse pad it would count as a 'click', without ever having to worry about holding onto what it is that you're grabbing.

this problem with mice may seem insignificant, but once you realize how large and shaped a mouse ought to be, you will realize how significant it is.

the angle itself is also important, as a more ergonomic position a slightly tilted grasp, rather than your hand laying on it completely horizontally.

there would be so much more control and precision anyway in the hand moving a much larger and even heavier device, due to the nerves sensing this, which includes muscle memory.. with a smaller/lighter mouse, there is simply far less for the nerves to sense and remember.

so far, this is just about the only properly shaped/sized mouse i have ever seen...

IPB Image

IPB Image

it's called the handshoe mouse, although the shape is ideal, it lacks the extra buttons, tracking, dpi, and other settings you want in a gaming mouse.

+1

+
# 13nothing exists Apr 14 2012, 10:48 AM
i say the most foolish, pointless things and deserve to have various posts removed, thank you to the admins for shutting my mouth to keep GR free of the sickness that is me, and to Spuddy as well,

=_=

sleeping face

This post has been edited by nothing exists: Apr 15 2012, 02:59 AM

+
# 14nothing exists Apr 15 2012, 02:59 AM
IPB Image

this is a picture of my cat in her new home.

+
# 15nothing exists Apr 15 2012, 03:02 AM
"truth be told, putting other people down, whether over moral matters, within religion, professionalism, mental or physical aspects, ect, can very well be nothing more than a means of saying, 'i am beautiful'. for those who may feel the need to say so, which means that the subject matter itself is actually irrelevant, or of secondary importance. important insofar as it achieves the primary purpose." - times new roman

so, as this pertains to supcom, i am willing to, in contrast to myself, allow these stars to emerge and shine brighter,,

i play like a noob......

+
# 16nothing exists Apr 17 2012, 02:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyiTuEuIEBg

this game makes tribes ascend look like an ape buried with a prehistoric extra-terrestrial laser thingy

"it looks like a robot dance party with that music" - nuclearpizza

+
# 17nothing exists Apr 19 2012, 03:00 AM
wow, seriously... as far as i am concerned, currently, there are no good video games in existence or worth playing. sad how 99.9% of them are useless,

edit: my opinion is however worth no more than 1 person

This post has been edited by nothing exists: Apr 20 2012, 09:16 AM

+
# 18Cygnus A Apr 19 2012, 14:52 PM
QUOTE(nothing exists @ Apr 14 2012, 11:48 AM) *

i say the most foolish, pointless things and deserve to have various posts removed, thank you to the admins for shutting my mouth to keep GR free of the sickness that is me, and to Spuddy as well,

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but for the first time ever, I agree 100% with what you wrote. Also, the rest of this thread reads like twitter without any followers at all, which is to say slightly creepy.

+
# 19nothing exists Apr 20 2012, 09:13 AM
QUOTE(Cygnus A @ Apr 19 2012, 14:52 PM) *

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but for the first time ever, I agree 100% with what you wrote. Also, the rest of this thread reads like twitter without any followers at all, which is to say slightly creepy.

cygnus, may i call you cygnus? i was not being sarcastic, but honest, to be honest.

to your next statement, lol, true.

+
# 20Cygnus A Apr 20 2012, 14:05 PM
I have only but one question: are you a spambot?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)