Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes 2

Partisans

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Funky Ducky Nov 20 2013, 16:11 PM
What do you guys think? I know the the irregulars are virtually useless, but what about Partisans? I use them myself, but I'm curious as to what others on this forum think.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Katitof Nov 20 2013, 19:19 PM
Too damn fragile, even after the upgrade, thats all.

I also personally think the upgrade should grant them camo ability similar to german jager infantry upgrade to better fit them in the theme of partisans and it would somehow excuse their squishiness after the initial use.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 3SSHeini Nov 21 2013, 08:03 AM
QUOTE(Katitof @ Nov 20 2013, 19:19 PM) *

Too damn fragile, even after the upgrade, thats all.

I also personally think the upgrade should grant them camo ability similar to german jager infantry upgrade to better fit them in the theme of partisans and it would somehow excuse their squishiness after the initial use.

If Relic does that, than you all russian players will have only victories. That's ok, but who will play with germans anymore?

+
# 4Katitof Nov 21 2013, 10:49 AM
QUOTE(SSHeini @ Nov 21 2013, 09:03 AM) *

If Relic does that, than you all russian players will have only victories. That's ok, but who will play with germans anymore?

Probably the same 70+% of player base as of now, regardless of any change that ever happened before.
This ain't going to change as long as germans will have easier, intuitive tiering system that allows you to respond for every threat without dedicating a whole doctrine to it and we both know tiering for germans won't change at all.

+
# 5SSHeini Nov 27 2013, 09:23 AM
QUOTE(Katitof @ Nov 21 2013, 10:49 AM) *

Probably the same 70+% of player base as of now, regardless of any change that ever happened before.
This ain't going to change as long as germans will have easier, intuitive tiering system that allows you to respond for every threat without dedicating a whole doctrine to it and we both know tiering for germans won't change at all.

Well, my opinion is this will change, and the reasons for which people are still playing with germans are nothing to do with the game ballance. I think they are still playing mostly because it is more challanging now to find solutions against a faction stronger than yours, but if this continues, their numbers will probably drop seriously because it is frustrating to start a match with fewer chances than your adversary has. On companyofheroes.org forums several guys were stating that they will simply not play anymore until Relic will re-balance the game in the next patch. I wanted to do the same, but since I gave money to Relic on this game I choose to play with russians now, it's easy and entertaining to see poor german factions players fighting all match just to keep you out of their base. So, wether german faction players will abandon the game or play with soviets, the result in time will be just the same, bro. Relic will probably hurry to change the balance otherwise they won't earn so much money in the future.

+
# 6Katitof Nov 27 2013, 09:34 AM
QUOTE(SSHeini @ Nov 27 2013, 10:23 AM) *

Well, my opinion is this will change, and the reasons for which people are still playing with germans are nothing to do with the game ballance.

Must be the reason why almost at any time its 50:50 in 2v2+ instead of 70:30 or more for germans.

I think they are still playing mostly because it is more challanging now to find solutions against a faction stronger than yours, but if this continues, their numbers will probably drop seriously because it is frustrating to start a match with fewer chances than your adversary has.

And I believe both factions should be on equal footing, obviously doing things differently, but on equal footing.

On companyofheroes.org forums several guys were stating that they will simply not play anymore until Relic will re-balance the game in the next patch. I wanted to do the same, but since I gave money to Relic on this game I choose to play with russians now, it's easy and entertaining to see poor german factions players fighting all match just to keep you out of their base. So, wether german faction players will abandon the game or play with soviets, the result in time will be just the same, bro. Relic will probably hurry to change the balance otherwise they won't earn so much money in the future.

I can relate to that as I myself had a month break from the game because of inexcusable sorry state soviet early game was at one point. I do play germans as well, I know it can be a pain, especially in 2v2 where I spend 95% of my time because of new commanders, but trust me, partisans are not the problem. I believe they are too weak, because even a pintle MG alone can force them off the field in mere seconds. I believe relic went too far with glass cannon idea here as they feel like they have less then 20hp/model without upgrade.

That being said, soviets were stuck in hopeless balance limbo for much longer time, pidgeon holed in TWO units as the whole meta, germans are not even near that and if popularity drop for germans results in 50:50 matchmaking search, then for all I care, let it drop and stick there.

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)