Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Wehrmacht Pio Blitz

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Kaos Jul 17 2016, 00:26 AM
Probably several guys out there wrote this strategy down or a similar one, played it, used it. So my intention here is give my opinion and my implementation of the strategy that I use in my games and that gave me good results so far vs some high ranked British players.

Summary - This strategy is a special anti British strategy, so forget about trying to play it vs Americans cause you will have no actual combat units on the field to be able to pin all the rifles and hold of the flanks, while British tend to blob up cause of their unique movement penalty so they are easier to pin down and keep in one place. Also British capping power in early game is pretty weak. The strategy work well on Angoville, Langres, Sturzdorf and a little less effective on Wrecked Train. You don't want to play on Beaux Lowlands(too big) or Semois(brits close to their mg nests) using this strategy.

Build Order

Step 1

Additionally to your 1 pioneer:

IPB Imagex3IPB ImageIPB Image
  • Send 2 pioneers to cap the whole side of the map where you don't expect the British HQ truck, 3rd one on the side where you expect them
  • Build T1 with your 4th pioneer and send it to cap
  • Use the mg to protect your cutoff
  • Upgrade to flamers starting with highest health pioneer, your first 200 munitions should be spent on that
  • Instantly retreat any 1 man pioneer squads when enemy recon squads are nearby
  • Always rebuild your lost pioneers
In case of a bren carrier:

IPB ImageIPB Image

In case of early mortar:

IPB ImageIPB Image

In case of no mortar nor bren:
IPB ImageIPB Image

Step 2

IPB ImageIPB ImageSupport vet
  • Build a Kampfkraft Center, retreat a pio if needed
  • Upgrade support veterancy to level 2
  • As soon as you get your 3rd flamer try so slowly creep towards the British HQ truck and to pin the units near it
  • Use volksgrenadiers to fight off the bren carrier
  • Use sniper only behind your mg42 squad
Step 3

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image OR IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
  • Choose blitz as your doctrine, go for storms
  • Upgrade double panzerschrecks on storms
  • Use your storms only to engage enemy trucks, emplacements, vehicles and be extremely careful around a stuart
  • Optional veterancy 1 infantry if you have 2 volksgrenadiers and 1 storm squad or vetetancy 2 infantry if you have 2 storm squads at least
At this point of the game you should have pushed the British player a lot and the fighting should take place near his HQ ending with a StuH and his HQ destroyed.

However, if that doesn't happen:

Step 4

IPB ImageIPB Image
  • Build T3 building and get a StuG
  • Get veterancy 1 tanks because both StuG and StuH will benefit from it
  • Don't make nebelwerfers cause they do little damage to British emplacements not pumas because StuH is better versus British emplacements and blobs
  • Make an officer to troll(retreat) possible commando squads so they can't flank your mg42 or the sniper
If the enemy gets out T3 truck and has enough fuel to build a firefly, StuG's will not be enough to hold off Staghounds and Stuarts so:

Step 5

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image + (Optional) IPB ImageVehicle vet
  • Do as many Pak's until you feel comfortable against a possible Staghound spam
  • You would want veterancy 3 vehicles because that gives your Pak's the extra damage needed to kill Staghounds faster
By now if you reached Step 5 you will also reach Step 6.

Step 6

IPB ImageIPB Image
  • If you reached this point of the game that can mean two things; either the brit totally outplayed you, or he encamped really well with his emplacements and there is where your stukas come in handy
  • Use stukas to clear out any emplacement and try to constantly walk your cloaked storms in his base to snipe off low health structures and trucks, and make sure you throw a bundle on repairing squads as you will kill them with one single grenade
How to deal with commandos:
  • Remember you went support vet, make 2 or 3 snipers when you get enough manpower, usually late game with manpower blitz and get veterancy 3 on them cause then they shoot faster, a lot
  • Make sure to secure your flanks and areas where you keep your snipers with mines cause one good commando ambush or flank can result in you losing roughly around 700 manpower
  • Commandos take heavy damage from StuH so make sure you occasionally crush and shoot them cause the British players usually use commandos apart from their blobs so they have no anti tank threat around them
Doctrine choices:

Basic: IPB Image -> IPB Image
In case of commandos: IPB Image -> IPB Image -> IPB Image
In case of any other doctrine: IPB Image

Enjoy beating the Brit cancer biggrin.gif
Song that gives your storms +25% accuracy Bolt Thrower - Powder Burns

By Kaos

This post has been edited by Kaos666: Jul 18 2016, 16:25 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File rape_againr8gameminorversiongamemajorversiongameversion289.429425_080614_104154matchna.rec
Size: 336.01k
Number of downloads: 55
Player Name Side Team
Xe Reborn 1
[BL]Kaos 2
Attached File r8gameminorversiongamemajorversiongameversion289.429425_080614_104154matchna.rec
Size: 413.8k
Number of downloads: 53
Player Name Side Team
MightyIronRoman 1
[BL]Kaos 2
Attached File xcom_said_fuck_your8gameminorversiongamemajorversiongameversion289.429425_080614_104154matchna.rec
Size: 399.07k
Number of downloads: 35
Player Name Side Team
Xcom Reborn 1
Kaos 2

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2xBLxStickstuff Jul 17 2016, 14:15 PM
nice guide, thx 4 the work you put into it! :-)

+
# 3djw2104 Jul 18 2016, 20:33 PM
A very well written guide, thumb.gif. Interested?

Game: None

+
# 4Kaos Jul 18 2016, 23:20 PM
heheheh you really don't quit do you...give me some time and I'll join for sure tongue.gif was quite busy lately with the tourney but I will apply for the position tongue.gif

+
# 5djw2104 Jul 19 2016, 20:07 PM
QUOTE(Kaos666 @ Jul 18 2016, 23:20 PM) *

heheheh you really don't quit do you...give me some time and I'll join for sure tongue.gif was quite busy lately with the tourney but I will apply for the position tongue.gif

Cool. thumb.gif

Game: None

+
# 6piwawsky Jul 20 2016, 15:05 PM
Very nice guide Kaos 😀
Personally, I don't go for t1 against brits cause Bren carrier counters everything wehr can throw at them. I just go for 4-5pios (cap!), t2, grens,vet2 inf, paks. A few shrecks and it's usually gg by then. If not, continue teching. T4 if possible.

Still a nice guide, cheers 😀

+
# 7remosu37 Oct 15 2016, 07:14 AM
QUOTE(piwawsky @ Jul 20 2016, 11:05 AM) *

Very nice guide Kaos 😀
Personally, I don't go for t1 against brits cause Bren carrier counters everything wehr can throw at them. I just go for 4-5pios (cap!), t2, grens,vet2 inf, paks. A few shrecks and it's usually gg by then. If not, continue teching. T4 if possible.

Still a nice guide, cheers 😀

Agree.

More specifically:

4 Pio Start
T2
Kriegbarracks
Kampfkraft Center
Grenadier
Grenadier
Inf 1
Grenadier
AT Gun
Inf 2

From here, if you're seeing lots of Brit infantry, rushing T4 for Ostwind followed by Panther is a good bet. If the Brits go with more vehicle/infantry mix, gunning for Panther to support your infantry + a healthy number of shreks is good. SimCity is hilariously easy to destroy, as panzershreks destroy british buildings rapidly.

Find British trucks in the open, and threaten them with shrek grens to force british blobs to relocate while relying on your pios to outcap the brits.

+
# 8Crazy Band Apr 28 2018, 14:15 PM
nice work

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)