Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

I've had it. PE is the doormat of CoH

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1jdlev May 24 2017, 02:38 AM
I'm a glutton for punishment...which is why I only play as PE.

They're supposed to be all about speed. Yet the capture slow as crap. Any type of perk costs an upgrade. More men..upgrade...more capturing speed...upgrade...you want a squad to level up before the end of your 3rd game...upgrade. Vs. pios in cover...straight up...they get beat. Unless your in green cover vs a rifle squad...say your last rights. 'Armored car'...I've seen hot wheels with more armor. You for mp44s...your stuck w/ marauder which is slow as ****. If you don't have at least 2, they're worthless. Watching the m8s/greyhounds do circles around them and pepper them to oblivion is so much fun. Shreks? Unless you go tank and wait until the end of the ****in game so you can get 2 per squad...worthless...gotta love seein' watching the M8s take 20 of those **** shells and then drive off into the sunset after wasting 3 squads. Gunner killed...engine damaged...engine destroyed...all with a smidgeon of health left :rolleyes.gif: Forget any type of shreks vs brits. The cromwells shred them in 2 shots, can take 6-7 shrek shells, and then zip away like the 5-6 shells that actually found there mark didn't do jack for damage. And then there's the canister shot from the little tank the brits roll out in the first five minutes. Buh bye 2-3 squads in one shot....

+
# 2Darc Reaver Jul 4 2017, 20:53 PM
If you want a better designed PE I'd suggest you to play Eastern Front mod.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317600/C..._Eastern_Front/

Greetings

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3regnar1194 Sep 12 2017, 11:28 AM
QUOTE(jdlev @ May 23 2017, 22:38 PM) *

I'm a glutton for punishment...which is why I only play as PE.

They're supposed to be all about speed. Yet the capture slow as crap. Any type of perk costs an upgrade. More men..upgrade...more capturing speed...upgrade...you want a squad to level up before the end of your 3rd game...upgrade. Vs. pios in cover...straight up...they get beat. Unless your in green cover vs a rifle squad...say your last rights. 'Armored car'...I've seen hot wheels with more armor. You for mp44s...your stuck w/ marauder which is slow as ****. If you don't have at least 2, they're worthless. Watching the m8s/greyhounds do circles around them and pepper them to oblivion is so much fun. Shreks? Unless you go tank and wait until the end of the ****in game so you can get 2 per squad...worthless...gotta love seein' watching the M8s take 20 of those **** shells and then drive off into the sunset after wasting 3 squads. Gunner killed...engine damaged...engine destroyed...all with a smidgeon of health left :rolleyes.gif: Forget any type of shreks vs brits. The cromwells shred them in 2 shots, can take 6-7 shrek shells, and then zip away like the 5-6 shells that actually found there mark didn't do jack for damage. And then there's the canister shot from the little tank the brits roll out in the first five minutes. Buh bye 2-3 squads in one shot....

Welcome to the wonderful world of PE, I feel you. I primarily play PE. I go through stops and starts. It is an extremely flawed faction. You have virtually no chance against British, no chance. Against US your odds go up but you can be pushed off map with a rifle push. PE was destroyed by Allied fanboys, who wanted it nerfed from the get go, it's actually been nerfed a couple times and when they have tried to fix it they have just made it worse. One of the biggest insults to PE was the Tales of valor units added to PE's inventory. The Hotchkiss is crap, it takes more Ammo to upgrade a Hotchkiss than to upgrade a Wher HT, and you get less rockets. The other REWARD unit, I give you the schwimmwagen, yes the schwimm, Thank you sir may I have another??

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4miegorengwithprawns Feb 6 2019, 05:20 AM
I feel the pain. PE was better balanced in the original release than it is now. Originally designed to have be different with strengths and weaknesses which balanced in the overall game, now they're just all weakness. The reasons they were nerfed to oblivion are abundantly obvious.

+
# 5KitchenChef Oct 12 2019, 06:42 AM
Perhaps only masochists play for PE, perhaps people who are not looking for easy ways. It takes nerves of steel to play PE.

This post has been edited by KitchenChef: Oct 13 2019, 20:31 PM

+
# 6miegorengwithprawns May 27 2020, 04:53 AM
QUOTE(KitchenChef @ Oct 12 2019, 16:42 PM) *

Perhaps only masochists play for PE, perhaps people who are not looking for easy ways. It takes nerves of steel to play PE.

Playing PE 1v1 vs US in the final patch version is only for masochistic mental misfits. I can think of more pleasurable ways to participate in virtual self-flagellation for those so inclined.

I will play PE 1v1 play vs Brits, but its a tough call against anyone who is a truly good Brit player many of whom coincidentally will invariably be Stag abusers invariably exploiting Brit's already OP opening 5 infantry with snipe abuse. You can see how that plays out vs now super-fragile slower handicapped cap rate 3 man PE squads.

Meh. No surprise 90% plus of 1v1 automatchups today will be Wehr vs Allies.

+
# 7jdlev Oct 24 2020, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(miegorengwithprawns @ May 27 2020, 04:53 AM) *

Playing PE 1v1 vs US in the final patch version is only for masochistic mental misfits. I can think of more pleasurable ways to participate in virtual self-flagellation for those so inclined.

I will play PE 1v1 play vs Brits, but its a tough call against anyone who is a truly good Brit player many of whom coincidentally will invariably be Stag abusers invariably exploiting Brit's already OP opening 5 infantry with snipe abuse. You can see how that plays out vs now super-fragile slower handicapped cap rate 3 man PE squads.

Meh. No surprise 90% plus of 1v1 automatchups today will be Wehr vs Allies.

Ain't that he truth. I was able to get up to a level 7 or so w/ pe, but even that's plummeted. I don't know if there have been any other patches that have further nerfed PE, but it's more frustrating than ever...like I can't hold a level 4 frustrating even after hundreds of games.

I've always enjoyed playing as the underdog, but F this. Today was my last day willingly throwing myself under the bus just to play as PE. Some f'n clown actually danced (did the LT retreat thing to a specific location) between 2 points on angonville w/ a LT for I sh** you not...at least a minute. Four...full health...PE squads - TWO w/ 43s! - vs 1 squad and LT..I had cover...I had 16 to 6 odds...and yet I'm the one that lost 1 full squad and everything else was decimated and forced to retreat...but at least I killed the LT! Oh wait! No I didn't!! I killed two of his five man squad...which he fully replenished in less than a minute! :rolleyes.gif:

I don't know what changes or updates they've made, but it's pretty obvious all the brits must have been whining about their LT getting sniped early on...which...I'm sorry, if you can vet a squad before any other faction...the LT SHOULD be vulnerable. Instead it takes an act of God to kill that S.O.B.

It's too bad because I liked playing as PE, but I'm done with them. I've had the LT dead to rights way too many times just to have him retreat w/ 1% health and make it back almost every time and instantly recharge his health at the med tent. That, or the Americans will just run full bore at your PGs...take their health down by half and then they're easy pickin's for any riflesquad. It's such a joke, they should really just delete the damn faction. Maybe replace it some antifa beatniks or something. It really is pathetic....ok...i feel better now...rant done.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)