This post has been edited by Croutonman: Jan 4 2009, 23:49 PM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Sync Dec 29 2008, 08:17 AM
Nice read, ty for the trouble smile.gif

Game: Dota 2

+
# 3inAbag Dec 29 2008, 17:13 PM
I am so glad you are supporting a brainless manspam. Thought RA3 was all against spamming units brainlessly like in KW. Keep up the good work guys. innocent.gif

Say what you want but a spam requires much less skill then playing with mixed armies.

+
# 4Croutonman Dec 29 2008, 18:35 PM
QUOTE(inAbag @ Dec 29 2008, 11:13 AM) *

I am so glad you are supporting a brainless manspam. Thought RA3 was all against spamming units brainlessly like in KW. Keep up the good work guys. innocent.gif

Say what you want but a spam requires much less skill then playing with mixed armies.

Fear not, things will balance themselves out soon.

+
# 5inAbag Dec 29 2008, 19:07 PM
QUOTE(Croutonman @ Dec 29 2008, 19:35 PM) *

Fear not, things will balance themselves out soon.

I rly hope so Croutonman I rly hope so... mellow.gif

+
# 6trojan.x Dec 29 2008, 19:34 PM
QUOTE(inAbag @ Dec 29 2008, 17:13 PM) *

unfortunately, its not my job to teach noobs how to make a nice pretty army, funnily enough, its to teach STRATAGIES that work! So yeah, whatever, slander us for try to teach noobs effective methods of playing (or maybe they're brainless and lack tactics, or maybe you just didn't bother to read the guide; particularly the first paragraph).

Oh, and any 'brainless' spam will get owned fairly easily in RA3, so say what you want, but playing to the effective metagame requires far more skill than ranting about mixed armies of about 2-3 units with some mythical 'uber pro micro' being the best way to play. & if you actually bother to read it, it does show (indirectly) some of the best manspam counters, so stop whining!

If you don't like manspam, no-one's forcing you to read the tip.

Sorry for the harsh post, but we do take time out of our lives to write these, and don't really appreciate people calling them 'brainless'. smile.gif

Clan: Teh Staff

+
# 7Warhawk Dec 29 2008, 22:23 PM
nice guide the only thing you are missing it the wonderful x button that scatters your forces. very useful when your inf are about to be crushed.

In regards to the spam comment. The difference is in ra 3 inf spam is not the only viable strat. And it takes some skill to pull off effectively.

This post has been edited by Warhawk: Dec 29 2008, 22:24 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 8inAbag Dec 29 2008, 22:32 PM
QUOTE(trojanhorse.exe @ Dec 29 2008, 20:34 PM) *

unfortunately, its not my job to teach noobs how to make a nice pretty army, funnily enough, its to teach STRATAGIES that work! So yeah, whatever, slander us for try to teach noobs effective methods of playing (or maybe they're brainless and lack tactics, or maybe you just didn't bother to read the guide; particularly the first paragraph).

Oh, and any 'brainless' spam will get owned fairly easily in RA3, so say what you want, but playing to the effective metagame requires far more skill than ranting about mixed armies of about 2-3 units with some mythical 'uber pro micro' being the best way to play. & if you actually bother to read it, it does show (indirectly) some of the best manspam counters, so stop whining!

If you don't like manspam, no-one's forcing you to read the tip.

Sorry for the harsh post, but we do take time out of our lives to write these, and don't really appreciate people calling them 'brainless'. smile.gif

If it would have gotten owned that easily then it would've not been used so often. But lately allmost all players (especially Allies) start manspamming and 80% of all players is not able to stop it. Don't forget that a manspam is also supported by vindi's and apollos most of the time or in the Empires case with tengu's and VX's.

Also 80% of all people are not pro. They don't know how to stop these spams in time. And that IVF turret + PK or hammers tanks trying to crush them is plane BS. The manspam is always with anti-inf and anti-tank infantrie. So sending in 6 hammers or 6 tengu's is just wasting money. The only effectieve way to counter it is to manspam yourself but that is not fun and is not the point of RA3 cuz these game is supposed to be a game were you can counter a spam by clapping you fingers if your opponent doesn't have a counter rdy. But with manspam you don't have a good counter. I have seen and experienced it myself and it is a big failure that manspam. Everybody usses it even those so called ''pro's''. I have yet to see a good Allied mirror game being uploaded that does not use a PK + Java spam lately.

The Allied spam is the biggest problem of all. It is not an opinion it is a fact if you look around you will see that more than half of the replays contrain a manspam. Even in tournements like the dignitas one is full of it.

What skill is there here? I make a massief army of anti inf and anti tank and run towars my opponent killing everything in my way. Were is the f*cking skill?! As long as I have more inf then my opponent then I am safe, thats how it goes. I rly hope this is gonna be fixed asap by EA cuz this is just too damn stupid.

And same goes for the air superiorty problem these days. As long as I have more planes then my opponent I am safe and can pwn his base.

This post has been edited by inAbag: Dec 29 2008, 22:33 PM

+
# 9Oreb Dec 30 2008, 03:07 AM
the only thing you are missing it the wonderful x button that scatters your forces. very useful when your inf are about to be crushed.

Doing that puts your units in the hands of the ai, which isn't to friendly with RA3s situation. tongue.gif

I prefer just manually doing it, but that requires a decent APM.

Game: Hardware

+
# 10FuumaMonou Dec 30 2008, 06:55 AM
QUOTE(inAbag @ Dec 29 2008, 16:32 PM) *

If it would have gotten owned that easily then it would've not been used so often. But lately allmost all players (especially Allies) start manspamming and 80% of all players is not able to stop it. Don't forget that a manspam is also supported by vindi's and apollos most of the time or in the Empires case with tengu's and VX's.

Also 80% of all people are not pro. They don't know how to stop these spams in time. And that IVF turret + PK or hammers tanks trying to crush them is plane BS. The manspam is always with anti-inf and anti-tank infantrie. So sending in 6 hammers or 6 tengu's is just wasting money. The only effectieve way to counter it is to manspam yourself but that is not fun and is not the point of RA3 cuz these game is supposed to be a game were you can counter a spam by clapping you fingers if your opponent doesn't have a counter rdy. But with manspam you don't have a good counter. I have seen and experienced it myself and it is a big failure that manspam. Everybody usses it even those so called ''pro's''. I have yet to see a good Allied mirror game being uploaded that does not use a PK + Java spam lately.

The Allied spam is the biggest problem of all. It is not an opinion it is a fact if you look around you will see that more than half of the replays contrain a manspam. Even in tournements like the dignitas one is full of it.

What skill is there here? I make a massief army of anti inf and anti tank and run towars my opponent killing everything in my way. Were is the f*cking skill?! As long as I have more inf then my opponent then I am safe, thats how it goes. I rly hope this is gonna be fixed asap by EA cuz this is just too damn stupid.

And same goes for the air superiorty problem these days. As long as I have more planes then my opponent I am safe and can pwn his base.

Hey man, take out your fustration on the game and not the staff.

Obviously if you were expecting this game to be a whole lot different and thought that maybe a hand full of units are going to be able to take down whole armies and bases you were definitely going in with the wrong expectations.

Competitive gaming consists of one and only one rule. You use what wins. People will search high and low and try every combination possible to find out what is the most reliable and what has the highest success rate. Someone will find it and everyone will copy it and use it. Even if 90% of the players wouldn't be considered truly "Competitive Gamers," the fact that it is human nature to want makes people search for these tactics and use them.

Unfortunately, the skill in games like these always comes down to micromanagement and not really the strategies or build orders. As strategies and build orders can be copied and pasted everywhere but micromanagement comes with experience and time.

Needless to say, this game is better in the aspects of spamming than C&C3 and C&C3:KW was, and while after everything we had to deal with through both of those games and from what I've seen in RA3 right now I have very little faith in EA, I imagine that most of those main issues with this game will be worked out.

However, you need to realize that after the next patch people will find the next most cost effective things to spam and spam them. It is just the way it works. The C&C franchise just isn't built in a way that will remove that issue. Though, if you look on the bright side it takes spamming three to four different units to make a solid army. That is more than could be said in some other games.

+
# 11trojan.x Dec 30 2008, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(inAbag @ Dec 29 2008, 22:32 PM) *

yes, well done, you've realized that the good players use what's effective thumb.gif . Do you honestly think that we would teach people tactics that weren't effective because some people are just too stubborn to play along? Of course 1 turret or 1 hammer tank won't beat an entire army of infantry, cuz that mass of inf costs a hell of a lot more than 1 freakin tank wacko.gif

inf spam on its own will be easily countered by an EQUAL costs worth of counters (that doesn't mean 1-2 sickles or tanks) try throwing any manspam against 6-8 grinder hammer tanks, and maybe you might actually see what happens, rather than just crying imba.

tbh, if you can't grasp the simple concept of having more units in a RTS means you have the advantage, then ypou will probably never understand any tip we try to give you, or indeed any effective tactic. Its not like we created the game, we're just tryna teach your supposed 80% of the gaming population how to get good at it.

if you simply don't like the mechanics of the game, no-ones forcing you to play this game; go play another one.

I recommend tetris, theres very little spam in that game and all the units are pretty well balanced (though I've heard that the square is just imba).

+
# 12Porygon Dec 30 2008, 11:42 AM
QUOTE(inAbag @ Dec 30 2008, 06:32 AM) *

The only effectieve way to counter it is to manspam yourself but that is not fun and is not the point of RA3 cuz these game is supposed to be a game were you can counter a spam by clapping you fingers if your opponent doesn't have a counter rdy.

Of course it is a wrong concept.

Do you realise walls can stop PK completely?
Do you realise Dog/bear barking effect can pass through walls?
Do you realise a PK/Turret behind a wall and sell a section of wall and let the turret have a shooting party is easy?
Do you realise if the Allies player manspam, he can't have a lot of air to support? while you can use Apollos/walls/PKturret to WTFPWN the manspammer whole strat?
Do you know Bears ever exist?

Manspam can be easily countered, only noobs can't counter them without thinking, and please rethink that is it 80% of the players are noobs sleep.gif

P.S. Allies mirror are usually PK spam because of fighting for map control, but not countering the other blob.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 13Echo Dec 30 2008, 20:31 PM
let's keep it to a simmer guys happy.gif

Game: AirMech

+
# 14Rave Zero Dec 31 2008, 01:07 AM
If you do your scouting job early, it's pretty easy to counter. 2-3 anti-infantry micro-managed-turrets are more than enough to kill the first wave - in a late game there are a dozen of variations to get rid of manspam - especially if you are playing as the red army (toxic attacks), no reason to say manspam is overpowered smile.gif

The only thing you should fear is a "transport-infantry-invasion" but it is unlikely to see this tactic combined with manspam in an early game.

+
# 15trojan.x Dec 31 2008, 09:32 AM
QUOTE(Echo @ Dec 30 2008, 20:31 PM) *

let's keep it to a simmer guys happy.gif

lol, soz

I just don't really like being told that my ToTW is brainless and lacks skill (especially after disclaiming those theories in the first paragraph tongue.gif )

I'll stop replying now blush.gif

+
# 16Ironhorse23 Jan 2 2009, 06:34 AM
ManSpam is a skill. I still attempt to do it. I need to practice backing them with tengus since I am a empire player. Nice how to for no0bs like me.

+
# 17Octavian Feb 7 2009, 02:25 AM
1. Empire Imperial Warriors can sacrifice themselves to remove garrisoned buildings.
2. Walls can be destroyed by infantry.

This post has been edited by Octavian: Feb 7 2009, 02:25 AM

Game: Left 4 Dead

+
# 18trojan.x Feb 8 2009, 10:40 AM
QUOTE(Octavian @ Feb 7 2009, 02:25 AM) *

1. Empire Imperial Warriors can sacrifice themselves to remove garrisoned buildings.
2. Walls can be destroyed by infantry.

1. you wanna try vs 2-3+ peacekeepers in a building?
2. Not basic infantry (i.e. peacekeepers, imperial warriors & conscripts)

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)