Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

airborne is impossible

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Hitman5 Feb 20 2013, 04:11 AM
i cant beat it. i take 60-70% of the map in the beginning due to superior playing, then my opponent just blobs airborne, gets 1-2 at guns, puts mgs around and makes 2 snipers and game over. I had 2 mortars, 1 fg42, 3 mp44, 1 g43, 2 marder and 2 ac on langres and got boxed in due to bs of airborne. at guns chew up any vehicle instantly, due to fire up of ab rr and slow turning of pe vehicles my mortars get killed instanly and acs cant kill them quick enough to defend mortar, at guns move in and rip all vehicles apart and inf trying to defend get sniped and or strafed. cloaked ketten does nothing when none of your units can get close enough to kill anything. the only thing that helps is butterfly bombs (esp vs snipers) but they are expensive. seems like hummels are the only reasonable option post-13661-1143531603.gif he was parked at my cutoff (south) for most of the match. then he just gets 3 shermans and gg. its so frustrating and unfair im very mad.

i dont even know how i could counter this. nothing seems effective. only a hummel but i was luft. henschel does nothing vs shermans when they just move out of zone in 3 secs. waste of 200 munit on 1 plane.

the especially retarded thing is that airborne is so much easier to do. all you have to do is get some mgs at the start and put them in buildings, blob airborne get an at gun and keep a couple of snipers at the back. whereas with pe you have to micro hard to even have a chance.

This post has been edited by Hitman5: Feb 20 2013, 04:15 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File r8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzmatchna.rec
Size: 661.31k
Number of downloads: 22
Player Name Side Team
bma8868 1
GeniuneChocolateFace 2

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2GiveMeABreak Feb 20 2013, 11:34 AM
Forget airborne for a sec. You saw a WSC opening, and responded by building T2 and two MHT straight away, this is kinda slow and its going to be tricky getting map control with his sniper(s), you'd need to wait for a IHT.

Also you rushed to T3, started an AC, which you realized would get countered quickly by fast M8, so you tecked to marders at 8 mins, before he even started a motor pool. Marders dont even counter M8s that well. You should have got T4 for ATHT.

You should have started by building T1, and making scout cars.

They obviously negate the sniper because he cant hurt them and they are good at chasing them. Use the scout cars speed to cap the whole map avoiding occasional MGs in a building, flanking any out in the open easily.

If the MGs are really bothering you get incendiary nades and do some kind of flank.

Thats not used much fuel at all, and should result in very good map control early on, quick teck to hotches or Panzer 4's, get a fast ATHT if you think he's going to pop a T17/M8 before you have an upgunnd hotch or a P4.

Should hopefully be a gg.

What is much more worrying is when USA goes rifle/flame engie heavy (into airbourne) and blobs ala bulletproof.

And I do think hotches are our best tool, fast enough to evade, and get good with the stukas and you have a nasty blob killer.

This post has been edited by GiveMeABreak: Feb 20 2013, 11:41 AM

+
# 3Hitman5 Feb 20 2013, 13:56 PM
ok thanks for the tips. for some reason didn't think about flame nades. i also need to use atht more often.

but say what if I did what you said and it messed up and he was still able to get to ab blob + combined arms stage. is there anyway to counter that?

also I don't have t.o.v. post-13661-1143531603.gif

+
# 4S73v0 Feb 21 2013, 11:34 AM
Against airborne spam -> get 2-3 ACs, recoilless phase through them often, so as long as you micro correctly you can do tonnes of damage without losing anything. Keep your luftwaffe at the back to repair. Airborne costs alot of mp to call down and 45mp each man to reinforce so the US player shouldn't be able to get much else.

+
# 5TheEldarPlayer Feb 23 2013, 22:46 PM
QUOTE(Hitman5 @ Feb 20 2013, 13:56 PM) *

ok thanks for the tips. for some reason didn't think about flame nades. i also need to use atht more often.

but say what if I did what you said and it messed up and he was still able to get to ab blob + combined arms stage. is there anyway to counter that?

also I don't have t.o.v. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Forget about everything AB is impossible, I played a game vs Symbiosis where I did excatly every single trick and tactic to break the box(you just talke about paks 57 snipers recoulless blob of rifles flammers mines everywhere), I tried my favorite combo clocked katten and 2 AC, to break the siege still didnot work out, Airborne is really anti PE, if you want to try something that MIGHT and, Gotta emphasize again on Might, try out Ciastek start. 5 PG with mp40 onslaughts.

+
# 6TheEldarPlayer Feb 23 2013, 22:58 PM
QUOTE(S73v0 @ Feb 21 2013, 11:34 AM) *

Against airborne spam -> get 2-3 ACs, recoilless phase through them often, so as long as you micro correctly you can do tonnes of damage without losing anything. Keep your luftwaffe at the back to repair. Airborne costs alot of mp to call down and 45mp each man to reinforce so the US player shouldn't be able to get much else.

Nahh wont work, he will just stick his forces in greens, till he starts spamming the OP pak57mm from there, its a GG, and only a matter of time before the inevitable happens.

+
# 7GiveMeABreak Feb 23 2013, 23:54 PM
I've had an idea to counter big blobs, using schwim.

Go tank destroyer, place some good early tellars in case of vehicles, the moment you notice he is gong inf heavy and blobbing, run the schwim to some of the tellars are place a 35 muni mine just behind it ( towards your position ).

Hopefully if the edge of the blob triggers the standard mine, a large chunk of the blob will be around the tellar.. Could cause enough damage to allow you to mop up. If you have AC they could bee line into their base to finish badly damaged squads.

Just an idea, need to try it out. But should be easy to execute, and goes hand in hand with preparing for vehicles anyway.

+
# 8jBrereton Feb 24 2013, 00:20 AM
Mines don't damage other mines.

+
# 9GiveMeABreak Feb 24 2013, 08:30 AM

Oh man that's totally sunk my idea then sad.gif lol

+
# 10Hitman5 Feb 24 2013, 09:56 AM
airborne IS impossible at that stage. maybe 3 hummels could stop it.

+
# 11Porygon Feb 24 2013, 10:20 AM
Airborne? Still fine, AC and Hetzer can deal with it
57mm ATG? Still fine, Hotches and Mortar HT
Snipers? Hope for best and flank it with AC or MP44, throw everything into him

THE MOST RETARDED BULLSHIT is the never stopping P47 strafing run

your last hope is praying that the airborne player is retarded, or win the game before he can get those bullshit

+
# 12kafrion Feb 24 2013, 13:50 PM
QUOTE(Porygon @ Feb 24 2013, 10:20 AM) *

your last hope is praying that the airborne player is retarded, or win the game before he can get those bullshit

Perhaps a vampire ht might do the trick if you keep your opponent busy with pgs
(with fieldcraft ) and schwimms/ kettens stalling , also , i find that tdestroyers with schwimmwagen for early mines is very often overlooked , one could also try to destroy ammo points with se . Lstly the strafing run while a usefull tool is a bit random and can only be really spamed to counter this late in the game

+
# 13jBrereton Feb 24 2013, 17:17 PM
Kafrion, I don't know if you've played PE as SE with a Schwimm in the last 10 years or whatever it's been since the change, but the Schwimms being able to scorch points thing hasn't been in since before 2.601, Relic have just been too lazy to update the description on the ToV unit page (this is because people used to 420 Scorch North Langres Err Day, making it really horrible for US players to get the game started off).

+
# 14S73v0 Feb 24 2013, 20:57 PM
QUOTE(Porygon @ Feb 24 2013, 20:20 PM) *

Strafing run doesn't do much damage unless you blob hard, in which case you were asking for it... otherwise it's 150 muni suppress/pin.

+
# 15Porygon Feb 24 2013, 21:41 PM
QUOTE(S73v0 @ Feb 25 2013, 04:57 AM) *

Strafing run doesn't do much damage unless you blob hard, in which case you were asking for it... otherwise it's 150 muni suppress/pin.

If two 4 man squad is blobbing hard, I have nothing to say

but guess what, with group zeal, 2 squad got strafed, only two guys alive
and US late game got supply drop, ammo is never an issue, strafing run can be done in every skirmish

fuck strafing run, if strafing run is like what it does to wehr vet 2 gren, it's fine, it is a oh shit suppression machine / prop war that can hurt. But vs PE, it is a true killing machine without warning, which is retarded like fuck

+
# 16jBrereton Feb 24 2013, 22:58 PM
If you hate it that much, go Luft and get a Wirbelwind. That pretty much stops them dead in their tracks (on the other hand, it's fairly terrible at everything else, so there we are).

+
# 17bopokippo Feb 25 2013, 00:48 AM
wirbels will just get murdered by a para-dropped AT gun...

I think hummels are really the best option.

Hotch spam can also do well if you support with some inf. as mass stuka barrage can do pretty well vs. just about anything.

also, if its PURe airborne+sniper, a PIV can do well but I wouldn't recommend it due to para-droppable AT.

you know what, nvm, just play US. works every time

+
# 18Hitman5 Feb 25 2013, 02:21 AM
QUOTE(Porygon @ Feb 24 2013, 20:20 PM) *

I always see people say AC vs AB lol GG. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, unless the AB for some reason has no RRs. And you are talking about AB, ATG etc individually, they use them together which is what makes it so tough to beat.

Hummels and Mortar HTs that can be defended from being rushed are probably your 2 best options. Sector Arty on the massive AB blob would be great too.

+
# 19regnar1194 Feb 25 2013, 03:31 AM
Strafe always hurts no matter if you are blobbing or not. What hurts the most is with supply drop it just becomes self fufilling. You can win early game hard against airborne doc and still get your ass handed to you. Becaues 9 times out of 10 he is just going to blob his units up, AC"S will do some damage but the blob is going to force your infantry to retreat, and AC's eventually are going to have retreat and repair if they havent been stickied or RR'd to death. results in lost map control.

Secondly there is no real need to build a motor pool with 57mm drop. I would hazard a guess to say that with airborne 57mm drop you are better of as US player because you dont have to move that AT into position it comes right where you ask for it. Unless you want snipers early or late game there is no real need to build WSC because with supply drop you are going to get mortars and MG's to use aong with ammo to strafe PG's to kingdom come.

Strafe is ridiculous, lets compare it to Henschel strafing run, Strafe costs what 150 muni's? or possibly 200 cant remember. Henshel strafing costs 200 muni's, it is easily avoided by moving armor units a few meters away, you cannot call it in on anything other than motorized units, if you do call it in on say an anti tank gun, you are still charged with the 200 muni cost whether it comes in or not and against an AT gun it will not come in BTW, it does no damage to infantry or any non motorized units in the beaten zone. Strafe always hits, and magically ignores any friendly units within beaten zone and it is close to imossible to get away from it. It is the best call in in this game, it always hits and most times it is devestating. Was it worse before, yes, but fuck it is still ridiculous. It ignores cover, veterancy and whatever else have you.

Airborne units, reinforceable from the field, yeah its expensive but its well worth it. Luftwaffe Para's get no equal benefit. They are more than a soft counter to armor as with fire up (I find this the most ridiculous ability in game) they can run just as fast if not faster than your armor can run away. Call in Panthers to deal with allied armor? Your supporting PG's will be strafed and then Airborne units are going to shoot holes through them with RR"s, and then when they try to run away they are going to fire up and shoot more holes through them.

I know this game isnt based on reality but as an infantryman (as well as Paratrooper and Ranger) IRL for over 20 years, when it comes to armor infantry are pretty much toast. In this game Firing up you can run straight thru areas without cover ignore that bow mounted and hatch mounted mg's and shoot more holes in your panthers. This is absolutely insane.

+
# 20jBrereton Feb 25 2013, 03:52 AM
Strafe doesn't ignore cover or vet. It costs 150 munitions.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)