Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Mortar HT tips please

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1GiveMeABreak Feb 21 2013, 10:16 AM

Ive tried a search, but cant find any info on this.

Can someone clarify for me when is the best time to use bombard, and when is the best time to just click attack, and when its good just to place it in an area.

i.e. whats good for clearing buildings (in the absence of incendiary shell).

whats best for attacking a crippled vehicle

Thanks

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Porygon Feb 21 2013, 11:34 AM
QUOTE(GiveMeABreak @ Feb 21 2013, 18:16 PM) *

Ive tried a search, but cant find any info on this.

Can someone clarify for me when is the best time to use bombard,
always

and when is the best time to just click attack,
NEVER

and when its good just to place it in an area.
dunno what are you talking about

i.e. whats good for clearing buildings (in the absence of incendiary shell).
barrage

whats best for attacking a crippled vehicle
barrage

Thanks

+
# 3S73v0 Feb 21 2013, 11:49 AM
Always use barrage ability as the motar halftrack fires faster and more accurately.

Use Attack Ground when the barrage ability is on cooldown.

Use incendiary nades to clear out buildings otherwise just plain barrage with halftrack.

A crippled vehicle can be barraged to death or just rush it with panzershrecks.

+
# 4GiveMeABreak Feb 21 2013, 19:56 PM

Thanks, I do normally use barrage at all times. But I was under impression that individual fire mode was more accurate, so might have cleared buildings quicker. Don't know where I got that.

Also by place in an area I mean plonk it behind a hedgerow for example and leave it to target whatever it wants while you micro other stuff.

+
# 5jBrereton Feb 21 2013, 21:07 PM
Individual shells use off veterency, which can indeed benefit from increased accuracy, penetration etc. etc.

I tend to leave it being casual and shooting at stuff against the US, and barrage against Brits (usually because the reason I'd get one ever against Brits is if their back is against the wall and I can kill off squads by shelling the HQ truck).

+
# 6GiveMeABreak Feb 21 2013, 23:57 PM
Cool thanks. I do find it does a good job of adding in damage and suppression if you have it in a good spot vs USA, does t need too much micro.. Just watch out for flanks or charging elites.

My main concern is countering AT guns with it, extra damage is just a bonus. Vs Brits I tend to just stick to hotches.

+
# 7KoRneY Apr 6 2013, 23:46 PM
Besides what's already been said... pushing halt with a mortar HT will make it auto fire at anything that you can sight and that is in range.

It may seem like redundant info but this is incredibly useful. I've found that hotkeying your mortar to quickly move it into the general area of a fight - even if you don't barrage, will at least give you additional death raining about. One shell landing on troops in green cover, or even around it, can shift a positional fight with your g43's.

Of course, if you can barrage, do that, but there are times the barrage isn't working out so well. Just halt and sight.

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

+
# 8GiveMeABreak Apr 10 2013, 15:54 PM

Good tips, that's kinda the play I was wondering about.

I'll bear it in mind for the German MHT in coh2 biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)