Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Ways to improve sim?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1United_Strafes Jun 30 2010, 11:23 AM
So I have a pentium D dual core 2.8 ghz...a good card 4 gigs of ram and my virtual memory is doubled. I only experience any slowdown on 4v4 Seatons with alot of units...and my sim will go from anywhere from 0 to -3. Is there anything I can do to improve the sim speed? Will changing my graphics options help with it at all?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2JMADDwins Jun 30 2010, 23:13 PM
I constantly blow a giant fan on my pc when i play

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3VerTiGo_Etrex Jul 3 2010, 13:15 PM
Sim time only takes CPU into account... There is no measure of graphics lag other than frames per second, and your frames per second is highly local... It won't affect (or is it effect tongue.gif) the other players or how fast the actual simulation is run... All it effects is how the simulation is displayed on your computer

If you want to increase sim, then you need to do one of the following...

1. Get a new processor... I have a four core, and even that can drop to +1 with everyone at 1000 units on a 4v4

2. Turn your sound down to 0 on everything (really... if you have an integrated card, this can actually help)

3. Overclock your CPU

4. There is so many more ways... but I'm to tired to list them right now...

Game: Dota 2

+
# 4The Hayemaker Jul 4 2010, 20:43 PM
You could also try reclaiming your allies' base, that should improve your Sim speed. If they question you just tell them it's for the greater good.

+
# 5United_Strafes Jul 5 2010, 08:02 AM
QUOTE(VerTiGo_Etrex @ Jul 3 2010, 07:15 AM) *

Sim time only takes CPU into account... There is no measure of graphics lag other than frames per second, and your frames per second is highly local... It won't affect (or is it effect tongue.gif) the other players or how fast the actual simulation is run... All it effects is how the simulation is displayed on your computer

If you want to increase sim, then you need to do one of the following...
1. Get a new processor... I have a four core, and even that can drop to +1 with everyone at 1000 units on a 4v4

2. Turn your sound down to 0 on everything (really... if you have an integrated card, this can actually help)

3. Overclock your CPU

4. There is so many more ways... but I'm to tired to list them right now...

Thanks, give it a shot.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6|^|AP|^|AN Jul 11 2010, 08:32 AM
I don't like any of the replies you got. Turn down or off AA and AF. Turn down water detail and shadow detail. Turn off vertical sync. Set the model detail to the low settings(I actually prefer this look.)Make sure your graphics card drivers are set to let the application take control of your features. Make sure your swap space is on a defragmented volume. If this doesn't help, turn your all settings to the lowest.

The CPU feeds the gpu so these settings do have an effect.

This post has been edited by |^|AP|^|AN: Jul 11 2010, 08:33 AM

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 7Member 154976 Jul 12 2010, 20:29 PM
import more mexicans to calculate the mass and energy needed for your units and buildings. Then get them to input it to your pc via a vtech cpu

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)