Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

File locking problems

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1VerTiGo_Etrex Oct 27 2010, 19:50 PM
Sorry Word, but no one will answer if I put it in tech support sad.gif

Hello everyone,

I have found a method to live cast the Cevo tournament games... Cevo requires that I delay the broadcast by 3 minutes to prevent ghosting, which causes a number of problems... all but one of which I have fixed with my l33t coding skills...

I record and play the replay file at the same time using two instances of supreme commander 2; however, in order to play the replay at the same time as I record it, I have to stop the live supreme commander game from locking the file... When I do this, it stops writing to it sad.gif

Does anyone know a way I can let both games access the file? Perhaps by recording the file... Copying the file with a copier that will ignore the lock... and then playing the live copy file with the delayed supcom2?

Hope you guys can help me help you tongue.gif

Game: Dota 2

+
# 2dawumyster Oct 27 2010, 22:16 PM
Clearly this is actually decent programming on the part of GPG. Not locking the file would allow one to ghost in their own games with only a few second's delay using the method you just described. I whole-hearty support you in trying to cast the CEVO finals but I'm not sure if I endorse any methods that break this lock.

Maybe just get both players to run livestream? That way you can actually see their field of view and what research they get, as well as their insane APMs.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3TheWord Oct 27 2010, 23:26 PM
Tech support issue => moved to tech support.

Sorry vertigo, but here is where it belongs.

Game: Planetary Annihilation

+
# 4Emblis Oct 27 2010, 23:37 PM
QUOTE(VerTiGo_Etrex @ Oct 27 2010, 21:50 PM) *

Sorry Word, but no one will answer if I put it in tech support sad.gif

I think the problem about few replies is not because of the forum, I think it is because not a single soul have any clue how to fix this...

QUOTE(dawumyster @ Oct 28 2010, 00:16 AM) *

Not locking the file would allow one to ghost in their own games with only a few second's delay using the method you just described. I whole-hearty support you in trying to cast the CEVO finals but I'm not sure if I endorse any methods that break this lock.

Indeed, I have to say I agree here. There is a reason you can not access it while it is playing. I really hope you can find another solution, but aside from that, this is out of my area. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Emblis: Oct 27 2010, 23:37 PM

Game: None

+
# 5Photon Oct 28 2010, 16:11 PM
Im not quite sure how the windows file locking scheme works. However, im guessing that supcom only checks once if it has exclusive access once. If you somehow revoke the file locking while the game is in play supcom should keep writing to the replay file as if nothing ever happened.

If that does not work you need to find a kernel programmer who can write code that can bypass the file locking scheme and copy the file so that your second supcom instance can read it.

+
# 6VerTiGo_Etrex Oct 28 2010, 20:08 PM
I did kill the lock when I tested it... Ii stopped supcom 2 from writing to it sad.gif

Um forum iz borked?

var geo_Partner = '00cd4d83-295c-410b-a2fa-c2e5288228a2'; var geo_isCG = true;

This post has been edited by VerTiGo_Etrex: Oct 28 2010, 20:09 PM

Game: Dota 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)