Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

Sound issues

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Sweep Dec 24 2010, 09:41 AM
Ok, here's the deal. All forms of combat chatter have disappeared-team notifications, swearing, etc. There isn't even any dialogue in singleplayer. I tried reinstalling the game, but no dice. Any ideas?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Locutus Dec 25 2010, 02:23 AM
Has anything in your system changed, such as replacing a sound card or updating drivers recently?

Do you still have all the other sounds of the game?

Single player team dialogue does not work for me ether, it's as if I'm standing too far away to hear what they are saying, not even tried to fix it yet as I'm addicted to multiplayer. I'd just like to cover the basics first and if that fails then I'll see if I can get someone who can help. I know there are other issues such as the radio in vehicles not working and some folks have found a work around.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Sweep Dec 25 2010, 07:45 AM
I haven't made any recent hardware upgrades, but I do get frequent updates. The weird thing is that happened after I got the most recent map pack. I played one game on Heavy Metal and everything was fine and dandy. After that, the chatter either disappeared or became so silent that it's unintelligible.

+
# 4Locutus Dec 25 2010, 20:46 PM
I wonder if it's sound card/driver related. The latest pack7 made some changes to many files, including core components, some of which may not be compatible with your current set-up. You might check with the sound card manufacture's website to see if there are any updates. If it's built in sound on your motherboard and you have a store bought computer with no add-on hardware, check the site for your computer brand (i.e. a Dell computer user would go to dell.com).

+
# 5Dan7 Jan 2 2011, 09:46 AM
Are you on stereo or surround?

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 6Locutus Jan 2 2011, 22:21 PM
Not sure about sweep but I'm on HD audio surround through a USB headset and my only sound issue in-game is single player character dialogue being too quiet to understand.

+
# 7Dan7 Jan 2 2011, 23:04 PM
What I am trying to suggest is, that I am on a 5.1 and since the dialog comes only from the Center, sometimes that burns a cable and I can't hear the words.

+
# 8Locutus Jan 3 2011, 21:54 PM
Yea, I think it's just a problem with some of the cut-scenes in single player. In some of those scenes you are not facing the people who are talking and cannot use the mouse to move your head and focus on the person talking. Therefore it's like they are a mile away.

Oh well, at least MP dialogue is loud and clear for me.

+
# 9Sweep Jan 19 2011, 17:44 PM
Alright, I fixed it.

Go to (C:\Documents and Settings\yournamehere\My Documents\BFBC2

Set speaker count to 2 and set sound quality to high. You may want to experiment with different speaker numbers if you have more than two or if you still have trouble.

+
# 10dunk2k Jan 20 2011, 00:50 AM
Sound config. numbers:
Headphones = 0
Stereo = 2
5.1 = 6
7.1 = 8

Hope that helps

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 11Dan7 Jan 20 2011, 12:08 PM
So you were riding on surround, yes?

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)