Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

CoH Replay Analyser

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 221KnowYourEnemy Jan 22 2008, 15:00 PM
what a great tool, this gives insight into how the AI plays too, I really like it

and reading the chat from your opponents is always great

00:16:36 [Team] *****: damn
00:19:12 [Team] *****: ok we should give up

This post has been edited by KnowYourEnemy: Jan 22 2008, 15:00 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 222CptBanana Jan 22 2008, 15:12 PM
QUOTE(Kashll @ Jan 22 2008, 09:47 AM) *
Just FYI CPM increases can be attributed to blobbing because of an "interesting" way this program chooses to track CPMS. If you have 10 squads selected and right click once, it counts as 10 actions. Likewise if you have 6 squads selected and reinforce each 5 times it counts as 30 actions.

So it measures fake APM unless you never select more than one squad or unit simultaneously.

That would expalin why all the PG spammers I owned over the weekend were at like 78 CPM and i was around 20-25.

Game: None

+
# 223Francislaremote Jan 22 2008, 15:20 PM
Great tool, thanks for the update !

+
# 224MistenTH Jan 22 2008, 16:04 PM
Very awesome tool and very interesting.

My APM is around 35, and interestingly most of the players I play against are anywhere from 60 to even a 100. Yet I beat most of them.

Just because you click a lot doesn't mean it helps you win tongue.gif

+
# 225Dyxtra Jan 22 2008, 18:10 PM
Thanks guys!

I see the CPM discussion is back wink.gif Kashll is correct, COH logs and counts grouped commands individually. If you see a high CPM, check the grouped movement stats, usually a good indicator of blobness. Remember: CPM is not APM!

(checking for gropued commands is on my TO-DO but eh...it's kind of a hassle tongue.gif)

QUOTE(Blechdose @ Jan 21 2008, 19:58 PM) *

It would be great if the 'File Open' dialog could remember the last settings or use 'detail view' with 'sort by creation date' by default. I guess that this is how most people use it in order to find the most recent files (naturally, I might be wrong). Thanks!

Will look into that, I hardly ever open replays like that (just double click em) so I didn't realize it was an issue.

QUOTE(Coeus @ Jan 22 2008, 15:35 PM) *

How did you figure out the rec-file so well..

Just hex-editor and intuition? =)
Make simple replays and look into the file?

Yes, plus some home-made tools to make things easier.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 226Blechdose Jan 22 2008, 19:36 PM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Jan 22 2008, 19:10 PM) *

Will look into that, I hardly ever open replays like that (just double click em) so I didn't realize it was an issue.

Ah, ok, i didn't realize that it will open the files by application parameter. Probably not everybody knows how to associate .rec files with COHRA. If you think it could be useful, I could send you the code (in C) to add/remove the windows file association between .rec files and cohra.

I also wonder whether the table with the summary of casualities and the other stuff which you see at the very end of a game is embedded in the .rec file directly, that means without calculating it 'on the fly' during a replay? I am always bummed that it is not shown at the end of watching a replay.

This post has been edited by Blechdose: Jan 22 2008, 19:59 PM

+
# 227logre Jan 22 2008, 23:40 PM
The best RTS tool i ever seen.
Thank you very much!

+
# 228yaet Jan 23 2008, 11:14 AM
very useful thanks for the update smile.gif

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 229Mexico Jan 23 2008, 14:24 PM
dyxtra, you are a god among men xD.

Clan: Reborn

+
# 230fldash Jan 23 2008, 18:24 PM
Sorry for not reading the whole thread. Does this work with custom maps and/or mods? If not, what can I do to help further along the support for such things?

Europe In Ruins players I'm sure would find this extremely useful. We also have around 12-15 maps that are being used with our modification.

+
# 231jjwa Jan 24 2008, 06:35 AM
(all in the current beta server)
I noticed in pretty much all of the replays I checked the location of the commands were not where they should be on the map, it should often be showed more to the south. Also, it regularly switches players and armies (my mate played british with commandos, I played USA with airborne, but it shows it the other way around, for example).

Hope this helps.

+
# 232evotech Jan 24 2008, 08:06 AM
did you play with the Beta? if thats so, it makes sense that it didnt work

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 233Dyxtra Jan 24 2008, 17:54 PM
QUOTE(Blechdose @ Jan 22 2008, 20:36 PM) *

I could send you the code (in C) to add/remove the windows file association between .rec files and cohra.

If it's native Win32 I'd like that.

I also wonder whether the table with the summary of casualities and the other stuff which you see at the very end of a game is embedded in the .rec file directly[..]

Not stored in the replay file unfortunately.

QUOTE(fldash @ Jan 23 2008, 19:24 PM) *

Sorry for not reading the whole thread. Does this work with custom maps and/or mods? If not, what can I do to help further along the support for such things?

Custom maps won't show a map picture, other than that it works. No idea about mods, but COHRA can only show what it knows, so if you have new units/abilities/whatever then they obviously won't show up correctly.

QUOTE(jjwa @ Jan 24 2008, 07:35 AM) *

(all in the current beta server)
I noticed in pretty much all of the replays I checked the location of the commands were not where they should be on the map, it should often be showed more to the south. Also, it regularly switches players and armies (my mate played british with commandos, I played USA with airborne, but it shows it the other way around, for example).

Forgot to mention that the Team Automatch Beta is not suppprted in 0.7b.

+
# 234fldash Jan 24 2008, 22:27 PM
Custom maps won't show a map picture, other than that it works. No idea about mods, but COHRA can only show what it knows, so if you have new units/abilities/whatever then they obviously won't show up correctly.

Yea, it didn't work. Straight up crashed. wink.gif DARN!

+
# 235Darth Zaxis Jan 25 2008, 00:30 AM
QUOTE(HeroicCompany @ Mar 6 2007, 21:06 PM) *

Kudos to dyskra. I've never used the tactical map in my CoH-life. =)

play the tutorial noob lol

there was a whole section about attack move command

+
# 236fldash Jan 25 2008, 17:45 PM
What sort of license is this released under? Do you have any plans to release the source?

I'd really like to get it working with Europe In Ruins. However I use all custom squads, entities, abilities and upgrades. A lot of them are just copies of Relic ones, but I created my own copy so I can easily diff to their release for changes if I want to keep their changes in patches...

+
# 237Tim James Jan 25 2008, 18:44 PM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Jan 24 2008, 12:54 PM) *

Not stored in the replay file unfortunately.

Sounds like something to lobby Relic about.

+
# 238RealHuhn Jan 25 2008, 20:40 PM
Thank you very very much. Best RTS Tool ever !!! bowdown.gif

Edit: I didn't read the whole thread.

Does using a hotkey count as a click?
For example: You have two units grouped on key "1".

Now you press "1" and give a move order. How many clicks do you get?

1(for the "1") + 2(only 1 click but two move orders) = 3 clicks ?!? Or only 2 clicks for the move order?

This post has been edited by RealHuhn: Jan 25 2008, 21:23 PM

Game: Modern Warfare 3

+
# 239Eris Feb 27 2008, 07:02 AM
the 'copy to playback folder and run CoH" button is probably the main reason for my procrastination now tongue.gif

and holy shit, i have a 43.1 CPM, that's twice as higher as in vCoH

+
# 240Dyxtra Mar 22 2008, 14:46 PM
G'day folks, new version available. This update fixes issues introduced by 2.202 (timestamp skipping, very slow analysis for some replays) and adds 2.300 support.

Changelog 0.8b
==============
- Added 2.202 + 2.300 support
- Added missing Bedum & Linden map data
- Added .rec file association option (thanks Robert)

http://coh.dyxtra.com

QUOTE(fldash @ Jan 25 2008, 18:45 PM) *

Do you have any plans to release the source?

No.

QUOTE(RealHuhn @ Jan 25 2008, 21:40 PM) *

Does using a hotkey count as a click?
For example: You have two units grouped on key "1".

Now you press "1" and give a move order. How many clicks do you get?

1(for the "1") + 2(only 1 click but two move orders) = 3 clicks ?!? Or only 2 clicks for the move order?

That would be 2 commands (not clicks), hotkey is not counted.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)