Explore GameReplays...

CNC Red Alert Remastered

Experts Reception Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FUzziBabes Apr 5 2020, 12:40 PM
I was reading another thread and didn't want to divert it the wrong direction as I thought this could be a interesting/fun thing to have here.

I was wondering which CNC experts/professionals (be it current or past/CNC3, RA3, Generals or any other CNCs) are keeping an eye on this forum and have intentions on giving the remaster a shot?

I promise a warm reception if you say hi! tongue.gif wub.gif

Also, on a similar topic as a filthy casual myself, which players would people like to see show up in these games?

This post has been edited by FUzziBabes: Apr 5 2020, 13:30 PM

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2RRcabal Apr 5 2020, 23:25 PM
Well Bikerushownz is going to be one of the experts that's going to be playing this game, after all, he was one of the lucky one's to be apart of the remastered testers, vOddy I can see returning to CNC, he's always up for old school games, maybe Dackel but I kind-of doubt it, as for the rest probably not, since they are getting to be older and might not want to play online, but I can see the old pro's purchase the game and play the campaigns for old time sake.

+
# 3FUzziBabes Apr 6 2020, 12:24 PM
It's funny you mention Voddy as I did think of him when I posted this thread, remember him from way back and he was most definitely one of my favourite players to follow

+
# 4RRcabal Apr 6 2020, 16:28 PM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Apr 6 2020, 05:24 AM) *

It's funny you mention Voddy as I did think of him when I posted this thread, remember him from way back and he was most definitely one of my favourite players to follow

vOddy is the kind of player that gives games more chances than other players, and is willing to come back to a game, and give it another go, he did it for KW, and C&C3 in the later stages of the games.

+
# 5FUzziBabes Apr 7 2020, 15:07 PM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Apr 6 2020, 17:28 PM) *

vOddy is the kind of player that gives games more chances than other players, and is willing to come back to a game, and give it another go, he did it for KW, and C&C3 in the later stages of the games.

Oh that's cool, I didn't realize he came back to the games. Hopefully we will see him again! I'm excited to see bikerush in game also!

+
# 6RRcabal Apr 8 2020, 00:49 AM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Apr 7 2020, 08:07 AM) *

Oh that's cool, I didn't realize he came back to the games. Hopefully we will see him again! I'm excited to see bikerush in game also!

I can totally say BikeRush is going to stream this game 24/7, and that is no joke, he wants to be the best at this game. smile.gif

+
# 7-Netput Apr 8 2020, 14:59 PM
Hi?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 8FUzziBabes Apr 9 2020, 15:01 PM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Apr 8 2020, 15:59 PM) *

Hi?

Oh why hello there! Glad you could join us! wub.gif banana.gif

+
# 9Cloverfield Apr 11 2020, 16:03 PM
will give it a try

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 10Sheriff AA Apr 12 2020, 20:09 PM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Apr 5 2020, 08:40 AM) *

I was wondering which CNC experts/professionals (be it current or past/CNC3, RA3, Generals or any other CNCs) are keeping an eye on this forum and have intentions on giving the remaster a shot?

Myself and a bunch of the RA3 players are going to give it a try. I remain cautiously optimistic, but everything I've seen so far has given me hope.

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 11FUzziBabes Apr 12 2020, 20:53 PM
QUOTE(Sheriff AA @ Apr 12 2020, 21:09 PM) *

Myself and a bunch of the RA3 players are going to give it a try. I remain cautiously optimistic, but everything I've seen so far has given me hope.

The dream for me is for a tidalwave of players to show up, experts and newbies alike! Should be a good time, super curious to see how many people give it a try.

+
# 12RRcabal Apr 13 2020, 00:14 AM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Apr 12 2020, 13:53 PM) *

The dream for me is for a tidalwave of players to show up, experts and newbies alike! Should be a good time, super curious to see how many people give it a try.

As long as there are good games to cast, I am all for it. smile.gif

+
# 13FUzziBabes Apr 13 2020, 11:29 AM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Apr 13 2020, 01:14 AM) *

As long as there are good games to cast, I am all for it. smile.gif

Hell yeah! It'll be interesting to see how experts play and see what they come up with for sure. Especially since it's more then likely going to get attention from player that came from ZH/CNC3/RA3/Other cnc titles all alike

+
# 14~JoKeR~ Apr 13 2020, 11:44 AM
Dackel is sort of back! He played some Zero Hour games previous week, and now co casted yesterday! But when he was asked if he was planning to come back fully, he said he didnt really have time but he might co cast and play here and there, so maybe he might try out the remasters?

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 15FUzziBabes Apr 14 2020, 12:49 PM
That'll be awesome if he does, a player of his skill would be able to play casually and still beat 90% of the playerbase laugh.gif

+
# 16-Netput Apr 17 2020, 07:13 AM
You guys seem to forget that most experts from back in the day are older now. Back in the day i could easily play 20h+ per week. Now i have a wife, a kid, a full time job. So don't expect that much from old experts/'pros'. We are different people now with a different life smile.gif

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 17RRcabal Apr 17 2020, 14:38 PM
What Netput said makes scene, back then I was playing KW, and RA3 all the time in high school, now that I am older I have more responsibilities, and working all the time now, so I'm thinking about new pro's playing this game(s) online, and whoever wants to make a comeback from other past C&C games would be a bonus. wink.gif

+
# 18PoKeMoM Apr 18 2020, 10:41 AM

I think a lot of people underestimate just how low the skill ceiling is in these games. The strategy is simple and mechanically it revolves around doing repetitive, mindless, and unimpressive clicking. Hopefully EA will improve the UI in the form of build keys, queuing >1 unit, attack move, etc. etc. which would raise that ceiling. Otherwise it will be very very very tedious to play.

Anyway, to answer your question: ill play this game. dont count on anything else though

+
# 19eXs.bikefan Apr 18 2020, 12:33 PM
QUOTE(PoKeMoM @ Apr 18 2020, 10:41 AM) *

I think a lot of people underestimate just how low the skill ceiling is in these games. The strategy is simple and mechanically it revolves around doing repetitive, mindless, and unimpressive clicking.

I think you are mistaken in your assumption that people underestimate how low the skill ceiling is. I dare argue that most people are aware of how simple and primitive the games are but you do not have that much to choose from if you want to play C&C - other games aside. TW is dead and the games are better than KW. Enough for me to play them.

That aside, build keys and unit queuing has been added already. Attack move does not seem to have been added.

You can see some interesting screenshots here https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conque...sLocalized=true

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Apr 18 2020, 12:44 PM

+
# 20PoKeMoM Apr 18 2020, 14:18 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Apr 18 2020, 12:33 PM) *

I think you are mistaken in your assumption that people underestimate how low the skill ceiling is. I dare argue that most people are aware of how simple and primitive the games are but you do not have that much to choose from if you want to play C&C - other games aside. TW is dead and the games are better than KW. Enough for me to play them.

That aside, build keys and unit queuing has been added already. Attack move does not seem to have been added.

You can see some interesting screenshots here https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conque...sLocalized=true

It's not perfect, but they definitely modernized a good portion of the UI. At this point the only thing that concerns me is balance and the resulting meta. I think a community-made balance patch (being remasters EA probably won't touch balance) will be needed to keep the meta fun and skillful -- aka not 'make a lot of heavy tanks very fast'.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)