Graphics

Muse -andysfile

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Muse Jan 21 2011, 05:14 AM
Muse -andysfile ONLY

Game: Graphics

+
# 2Muse Jan 21 2011, 05:22 AM
Hi, i'm George how may i help you today?, first of all i want to see any work you created so far to see where you at.

+
# 3andysfile Jan 23 2011, 01:23 AM
Hi!
I tend not to create entire images out of Photoshop but touch them up and add effects which improve the image but are hard to notice unless you can see the source as well. You can see an example of me adding focus blurs and changing around contrast etc in here. I've deepened the explosions and on the third one you can probably see I stuck motion-blurred clouds in there.
I did make a signature 3 years ago using GIMP though!
IPB Image
I'd like to learn how to make basic signatures and fractals smile.gif

This post has been edited by andysfile: Jan 23 2011, 01:25 AM

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 4Muse Jan 24 2011, 04:04 AM
great well my other mentee wants to learn signatures too especially brushes so i wrote him some pointers and stuff. I think it will be beneficial to you too so check it out.

oh hey well yeah you could use some work on playing around with brushes ^^

I have three signatures with 3 difficult levels of using brushes: Basic, Medium, and Advance. We will obviously stat with basics. I will give you the resources for the tag that we are about to create or you can find your own if you want. This tag is black and white because personally i find them easy to create because you won't have to worry about color til we move on later.

Final product:(Basic level)

IPB Image

PSD:(The file is so you can see more closely what i did)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vwhss10uwb834f6

This are the things I will cover through out this tutorial.

Stock- Stock is any pictures you find in the internet. Be really picky when picking a stock, selecting the highest quality image you can find. There are two uses of stock. One of them is as your focal point, and the other is as the background.
If you want to find some decent quality stock you can go to StockGarage.net. You can also find stock packs at GameReplays.org's Graphics Resources.

You can use any of these stocks as your background like i did in layer 2 and 3.

IPB Image
IPB Image

for the pixie dust that you will see there you can just Google like light or pixie dust.

Render - A render is a cut-out of a picture. For beginners, a render is used to easily place your focal point. The only hard part that comes from using a render is learning how to blend it. You can renders at PlanetRender.net, but you will need to create an account first.

This an example but you can use other:
IPB Image

Blending - All the blending can be found in the adjustment which is in the far right below where i label them.
IPB Image

Uncolor to B&W - The are many ways. go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate. or press ctrl + U and grab the saturation to -100.

Gradients- Just read through it.

Applying an image- To apply an image create a new empty layer and go to image > apply image; all your work will be put into a single layer. In the signature you will see that i duplicated that Image and clip them into brushes.

Clipping mask- As i said on top when i applied the image I mask them to a brush. To create a clipping mas go to you layer(applied image copy) right click > create clipping mask.

+
# 5Muse Jan 25 2011, 23:19 PM
Hey man tell me if you going to active or not cause i can either mentor other person instead of writings things that will waste my time.

+
# 6andysfile Jan 26 2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the advice above, I will try to make something like that smile.gif However, if you can find someone else to mentor I think it will be more beneficial. I thought I would have time to do this but it hasn't turned out that way. Thanks again for the advice on brushes, the apply image function will really help in the future.

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 7CENTAUER Feb 27 2011, 21:35 PM
Attention all Mentors/Mentees Im sorry to announce that the current GFX Mentoring Program will be coming to an end soon, please use your remaining time wisely smile.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)