Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Boromir’s Horn of Gondor

Do you agree with the changes to horn of Gondor?
12.50% (2)
Strongly Agree
31.25% (5)
Agree
0.00% (0)
Not sure
31.25% (5)
Disagree
25.00% (4)
Strongly Disagree

Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ab3r` Jun 11 2021, 08:34 AM
The Horn of Gondor has been a topic of conversation lately in the beta discord, as we move to a more transparent patching process I wanted to make you aware of what we’re discussing as this change would be a significant change from the vanilla game. 2.02 aims to protect the vanilla aspect of the game but fine tune and balance the game that EA left us with.

That being said the Horn of Gondor ability by Boromir has always been a nightmare to balance, the level of the power and radius have been constantly shifted since the beginning of 2.02. What was proposed recently is that the Horn of Gondor will become a nullifier. MotW doesn’t have a debuff and this would also help Boromir remain relevant in late game when sometimes he can feel forced out by fear resistance heroes and statues.

The reason I posted this topic is to see what the thoughts of the community are, do you agree?

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2SeñorEcthelion Jun 11 2021, 11:58 AM
nerf duration & add debuff too!

I changed my opinion. Brom op he bluck blackridre. Must to add debuff ability ONLY WAY. Double the experience required aswell, since this is a anti-lore change and shouldn't be seen in early game!

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Jun 11 2021, 22:14 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3FlyingCow Jun 11 2021, 20:33 PM
Better to increase the level requirement to level 4 than for it to be changed completely

+
# 4VoluptuousUdders Jun 11 2021, 22:15 PM
I would agree with this change. I think rotwk's supreme gameplay aspects should indeed make all the powers useful in the lategame. I would suggest we just remove the stun all together and instead make it like the horn of gondor power from "bang wars" by bigbang where it poisons and debuffs all units in a radius in order to fit the flavor of gondor much more. Maybe we should also consider adding a temporary +50dmg +50armor and 50% increased experience too as boromir uses his giant lips and superior gondor salivary glands to blow buffs all over his army.

+
# 5DeeZ Daryl Jun 12 2021, 07:59 AM
Just keep it like it is, and make it unlock at level 3 instead of level 2, the horn of gondor is really all what Boromir is about. I see no reason to suddenly give him a debuff

+
# 6Talosgod Jun 12 2021, 08:51 AM
I do not like the stun in bfme in any of its manifestations. Agree

+
# 7trucky Jun 12 2021, 13:40 PM
Can horn evolve at Boro level 6 to have bigger radius and debuff?

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 8Ab3r` Jun 12 2021, 19:58 PM
I actually don’t hate that

+
# 9DeeZ Daryl Jun 13 2021, 06:51 AM
Yea i think you certainly dont wanna remove the ability completely, it's like the most iconic ability in the game banana.gif

+
# 10trucky Jun 17 2021, 14:51 PM
Could even change the sound to have 3 'toots' on evolved horn like when he's tooting at Amon Hen (just an idea)

+
# 11Feanor Jun 18 2021, 08:17 AM
Could even change the sound to have 3 'toots' on evolved horn like when he's tooting at Amon Hen (just an idea)

drol.gif

Game: None

+
# 12Platino Jun 18 2021, 10:13 AM
QUOTE(Ab3r` @ Jun 11 2021, 08:34 AM) *

The Horn of Gondor has been a topic of conversation lately in the beta discord, as we move to a more transparent patching process I wanted to make you aware of what we’re discussing as this change would be a significant change from the vanilla game. 2.02 aims to protect the vanilla aspect of the game but fine tune and balance the game that EA left us with.

That being said the Horn of Gondor ability by Boromir has always been a nightmare to balance, the level of the power and radius have been constantly shifted since the beginning of 2.02. What was proposed recently is that the Horn of Gondor will become a nullifier. MotW doesn’t have a debuff and this would also help Boromir remain relevant in late game when sometimes he can feel forced out by fear resistance heroes and statues.

The reason I posted this topic is to see what the thoughts of the community are, do you agree?

Agree as "nullifier"

The problem of Horn is the same of the "wind" of Angmar: with combo they are super OP. The Wind need some change too. Angmar need to nerf Giant summon too, I saw that they are the same in beta 17 and in 8.4, maybe the change did not work

All players do Boromir only for the Horn. We must improve the others ability and nerf the horn

NB Leadership no sense if 4 of all motw heroes have it. Maybe we can use Boromir as "debuff" hero

This post has been edited by Platino: Jul 1 2021, 12:43 PM

Clan: Divine

+
# 13trucky Jul 9 2021, 14:06 PM
Horn evolution - instead of debuff - could cast fear resistance for your allied units so it can counteract enemy stuns/fear.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)