Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

cutoff and other terms

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1zaiuvrym Nov 30 2012, 16:02 PM
Hi all, new to the forums and have been perusing these wonderful guides. Many of them use certain terms that I'm unsure about and though I have seen a glossary it only references abbreviations for units. The term I'm unsure about is "cutoff". It seems to represent a certain sector with relation to ones base but I'm really unsure about this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

+
# 2DirtyFatKid Nov 30 2012, 17:43 PM
all resource points must have a series ofconnected to your base to get resources.

cutoffs are basically any capture points that cuts off resources to your base.

Usually in one on one maps there's always a a few major cutoff points.

Example:
Samois, the two main cut offs are the +10 fuel point next to the base and the +3 Man power point right outside its exits.

+
# 3jBrereton Dec 1 2012, 23:23 PM
Yeah, as DFK said, points (as you will doubtless know) have to be connected for the resources to flow in. The intermediate points, especially those which are the fast-to-cap 'vanilla' points (+3 manpower/population cap) are referred to as cutoffs.

Examples of 'big' cutoffs:

- Semois bridges into the base.
- Angoville points linking up/down to the +16s
- The Langres North strategic point just south of the base.

Taking these usually knocks your foe down to a +0/5 or +10/+10 income (assuming the standard neighbouring +5 fuel and +10 munitions are capped, slightly different on Semois and a handful of other maps), rather than +loads/loads, and also sharply reduces the population cap.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4TheKrazyKazer Dec 27 2012, 06:19 AM
I describe about cutoff in this video. Just give it a look. biggrin.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij68rVxqMvM

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)