Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

School or University as you worldly people like to call it

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Zlurodirom Jan 17 2013, 18:25 PM
Yeah I'm at grad school now High. Job opportunities sucked this summer, only one place wouldn't consider me because I was heading off to school in the fall, but most of the rest led me on with a lot of interviews for nothing.

I'm leaning towards academia/research as a career, so getting a masters now seemed like a good idea. Like you said, PhD can be a huge over-qualification, which is why I'm going with a masters now, checking the kind of job interest I would get with research/teaching CC with a masters, and gauging if it's better to continue my education versus job opportunities. Also it's great to get a free education (and basically getting paid for research experience is good too). Not needing to worry about money for 2 years is good.

The graduate program I'm in is Exercise Science, with an emphasis in the Physiology of Exercise, while if I continue on to a PhD I'll be focusing more on Human Physiology.

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 22Sage Jan 28 2013, 06:31 AM
where do you go to school?

Clan: EPIC

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 23BaLL_ Jan 31 2013, 02:54 AM
What are u up to Sage m8

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 24Sage Jan 31 2013, 06:26 AM
nothing much just applied for law schools. Will probably attend this fall...

What about you ]-EC-[TruTh` ?

+
# 25BaLL_ Apr 4 2013, 04:31 AM
I did put some serious thought into attending law school. I was thinking night school while I worked.. But at this point I have kicked that plan to the side.

I work for an electrical distributor--wholesaler of electrical parts. It's alright wink.gif
Nothing great, not a dream job by any means but at least i'm getting paid.. for now. And there is upside but I'm keeping an open mind with my ear to the ground that's for sure.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 26Zlurodirom May 5 2013, 07:11 AM
Sage one of my buds is probably going to NYU law school this fall!

+
# 27Sage May 31 2013, 01:51 AM
thats pretty effing sweet. Tentatively attending Arizona St. this fall but I'm taking the LSAT again next week because I think I can do better, and maybe I'll sit out another year if I can get into better schools.

+
# 28Zlurodirom Jun 17 2013, 07:14 AM
My friend took the practice LSAT like 10 times the 2 weeks before taking the real test. Apparently the best practice for logic questions is just doing different ones?

Also, our little Pitch is all grown up: Stanford grad pretty nice . Don't know how I stumbled onto this, but we all know there's only one llpitch. But he deserves some congrats graduating from Stanford.

+
# 29Sage Jun 29 2013, 18:32 PM
yes, the best practice is practicing. that is correct.

+
# 30Infinity` Feb 7 2016, 20:57 PM
Sage you still attending ASU? If you are, I'm pretty close to that area.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 31Sage May 8 2016, 02:13 AM
Never went to ASU, went to Washington University in St. Louis instead. Graduating in a few weeks though and going back to LA for work.

+
# 32teutonic. Nov 20 2016, 11:56 AM
is anyone still alive?

Game: Blizzard

+
# 33KlunG Nov 20 2016, 22:07 PM
no

Game: Generals 2

+
# 34-Netput Sep 1 2019, 13:02 PM
nah

Game: Red Alert 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)