Explore GameReplays...

OpenRA

If you want me to cast your replays, post them here!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FiveAces Jul 18 2015, 11:19 AM
Hey hey People! The name's FiveAces, and I recently migrated over from the official OpenRA forums to continue my quest for good replays. Our community shoutcaster SoScared has apparently stepped down from producing content a while back, so I wanted to fill the void by doing some replay shoutcasts of my own. How can you help me? If you think you have a good replay and want it to be casted and uploaded to youtube, just post it here in this thread and I'll give it a shot!
What are the guidelines?
-Preferrably 1v1 or 2v2 games
-Preferrably no ToxMap or other spamfest games
-The length should preferrably be between 10 and 40 minutes, although I'll make exceptions for good games

https://www.youtube.com/user/CovertFlobert/videos

Here's the link to my youtube channel; content will go up soon.
I'm currently aiming at casting 1 replay per week, sort of like a "replay of the week" thing.

Thanks for your contribution!

Game: OpenRA

+
# 2AggressivePanda Jul 18 2015, 12:47 PM
We have a system within the replays system where the most popular and highly voted replays get In the "popular replays tab", there are several other tabs such as the "hall of fame" and "replays of the week" aswell.

Also if you need any help casting or editing content feel free to ask me I've casted over 120 lanes wrath and tiberium wars replays. Anyways a videos section should come within the near future so feel free to post there. Also welcome :DDDDDD

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Jul 18 2015, 12:51 PM

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3FiveAces Jul 18 2015, 16:34 PM
A'ight, thanks Panda! I see; however, there's currently a draught in the replay section wink.gif

Just finished my first cast, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxOO6wqtG8M

+
# 4Ang3lic Jul 18 2015, 18:51 PM
You can share your youtube casts in the video system similar to the way you can share replays!

http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/videos.php?game=92

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 5FiveAces Jul 23 2015, 21:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys, I figured out how to use the replay/vod system on this site wink.gif
Guess this thread can be closed now, I'll be posting my weekly casts into the vod section.

+
# 6GatekeeperRA Jul 25 2015, 10:07 AM
Greetings FiveAces,

I recently played a good game with some guys online, in which you might be interested. I had some trouble getting it uploaded, but I think it should now work:

http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/replays....s&id=305251

It's a steady 2V2 in which the frontline doesnt move all that much, but there is a lot of micro play from multiple players in it.

+
# 7AggressivePanda Jul 25 2015, 11:28 AM
QUOTE(GatekeeperRA @ Jul 25 2015, 10:07 AM) *

Greetings FiveAces,

I recently played a good game with some guys online, in which you might be interested. I had some trouble getting it uploaded, but I think it should now work:

http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/replays....s&id=305251

It's a steady 2V2 in which the frontline doesnt move all that much, but there is a lot of micro play from multiple players in it.

What trouble did you have sir?

+
# 8GatekeeperRA Jul 25 2015, 12:37 PM
Well, I uploaded the match while I was not logged in, by pressing the blue upload button while on the replays page of OpenRA. Then when I went to look it up between the other replays it wasn't there... The only way I could find the replay was through the link I posted below which I got by browsing through my computers history. I still have no idea how to find the replay other than using the pasted link. After this I tried reuploading the file as a member, which I figured would get it on the replays page, but because the file is already on the server I can't reupload it.... I wanted to add a description, but sadly enough I cant edit or remove anything....

So the file is kinda in purgatory?

Thanks for the fast troubleshooting btw!

+
# 9Ang3lic Jul 25 2015, 15:27 PM
Unfortunately as of right now it is. The way we determine if a replay is uploaded already or not applies to all replays including guest replays. We have discussed this before and are considering adjusting that so that guest replays are separated from that. We don't want people to be able to upload thousands of copies of the same replay as a guest so we will need to figure out how to prevent that biggrin.gif

+
# 10FiveAces Jul 25 2015, 18:13 PM
Thanks Gatekeeper! Definitely going to check it out (going to take a while though, because the next cast is already scheduled to be Raymundo versus Chamberlain). Did you play under a different name before or did you get into the game recently?

+
# 11GatekeeperRA Jul 25 2015, 20:32 PM
About the uploading issue:
Would it be possible to delete the guest replay in question, so I could reupload it under my account?

To FiveAces:

I got into the game recently, been watching C&C Vods for a year or more now, being subscribed to Sybert, C&C Caster, Green_Zero and now also you. Started playing OpenRA a few months back, know the game quite wel and learning more from replays and actual gameplay daily.

The replay I gave you was not my best game, but it was a real interesting one, and worth watching. After 1 player taps out we discuss some gameplay in chat, which would help more inexperienced players.

I'm going on a backpacking holiday for 3 weeks next Wednesday, so I wont see the Vod when it gets released on youtube, but will certainly watch it when I get back! So, sorry in advance for going silent those weeks, but will most certainly be back!!

+
# 12Ang3lic Jul 26 2015, 04:42 AM
@ Gate Keeper

We currently don't have any easy way to delete accidental guest replays. I recommend adding a character to a player name or somewhere in the replay file itself that won't break it from working properly but change the hash. That way you can re-upload it to the public index. Apologies for the unclear functionality. I added a warning today notifying users clearly when the guest function is being used.

+
# 13FiveAces Jul 26 2015, 21:19 PM
@Gatekeeper, nice to know! If you want some practice, you can still go up against me, I'm usually online around 10pm CET. Going to be on a sailing trip from next weekend, so I'll try to preproduce some content. The devs are going to host a tournament btw, you can register at http://compo.openra.net/# if you feel like some competitive action (It's going to go down from Aug 14th until 15th, SoScared and me are going to stream/shoutcast the matches). Have fun in the meantime!

+
# 14GatekeeperRA Jul 27 2015, 08:26 AM
@FiveAces,
awesome to hear that there are going to be tournaments n stuff. Sadly enough I am in the wilderness of Scotland whilst the tournament is hosted, so I wont be participating, but I'll be there next time! Maybe we meet each other again one of these evenings, other wise we will surely meet each other on the battlefield some other day wink.gif Good luck with your sailing trip! Where are you going btw? Because I did not know Austria had any good sailing waters...

@Angelic, I'll give that a shot!

+
# 15FiveAces Jul 28 2015, 00:26 AM
@Gatekeeper: Haha it doesn't, I'm going to Croatia! Thanks, have fun in Scotland and see you in a couple weeks!
@Gamereplays.org veterans: Is there an option to add the upcoming tournament to the tournament tab in the OpenRA section, or is that restricted to competitions hosted and endorsed by this site?

+
# 16AggressivePanda Jul 28 2015, 01:49 AM
QUOTE(FiveAces @ Jul 28 2015, 00:26 AM) *

@Gatekeeper: Haha it doesn't, I'm going to Croatia! Thanks, have fun in Scotland and see you in a couple weeks!
@Gamereplays.org veterans: Is there an option to add the upcoming tournament to the tournament tab in the OpenRA section, or is that restricted to competitions hosted and endorsed by this site?

I believe we can sort something out although I'm not one who deals with that sort of stuff I would ask Ang3lic in a personal message or similar staff about this.

+
# 17Plokite_Wolf Jul 28 2015, 07:17 AM
QUOTE(FiveAces @ Jul 28 2015, 02:26 AM) *
@Gatekeeper: Haha it doesn't, I'm going to Croatia!

Oh? Where to exactly? smile.gif

QUOTE(FiveAces @ Jul 28 2015, 02:26 AM) *

You mean the Event Replays tab in the replay section? http://www.gamereplays.org/openra/replays....amp;show=events

+
# 18FiveAces Jul 28 2015, 22:42 PM
@Plokite_Wolf: Sailing from Krk to Sibenik! Yea, was talking about the events tab. I'll write Angelic a pm, thanks guys!

+
# 19Plokite_Wolf Jul 29 2015, 07:38 AM
QUOTE(FiveAces @ Jul 29 2015, 00:42 AM) *
@Plokite_Wolf: Sailing from Krk to Sibenik!

Wow, that's quite a ride smile.gif
Have a good time and stop by a few towns if you can wink.gif

+
# 2001fris Jul 31 2015, 20:42 PM
I can't add my replay, I don't find it. My computer work on ubuntu. Anyone can help me? Thanks !

This post has been edited by 01fris: Jul 31 2015, 21:13 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)