Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Wish List: Top Ten Fixes for COH

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1dukejason Sep 7 2019, 07:40 AM
This is a very important topic, If you could fix ten things about COH what would that be? Please do not troll this topic. I plan to pass this topic along to community management at Relic. That does not mean that there will be a fix. This thread will give our community a chance to have voices heard in positive manner.

I personally would like to see the end of bar counting on match search. If this issue was solved I feel like the ladder would be in a position to grow again.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2BkModTestGR Sep 7 2019, 10:04 AM
Hello smile.gif

I am very happy about that topic. First of all I whould say, the Staghound of the British has too much life and his machine gun pint the units and never has to reload. Far too good for the price.

The second is the sniper in itself. He is too strong, he should only be able to drink when he is in cover as in coh 2 and with several snipers nearby there should be a penalty. If he stays that way you should make him even more expensive.

Maybe someone can explain it better, the third is the captain's bug. From the moment someone withdraws to the captain, the British units are sprinting uninterruptedly. They run as fast as Volksgrenadiere with blitzkrieg only the whole time.

A problem as a USA player is the armored car by the Panzerelite. It deals too much damage, maybe this time the accuracy or the damage distribution should be lowered.

Consecutive posts have been merged.

djw2104

This post has been merged by djw2104: Sep 7 2019, 11:05 AM

+
# 3NoLuckJustSkill Sep 8 2019, 12:30 PM
1: Instant lieutenant artillery should be fixed
2: Staghound mg needs some reload time
3: Lower rifle upkeep
4: Pe goliath should uncloak like wehrmacht goliath
5: Captain sprint with brits is one of the worst things that needs to be addressed
6: Maybe nerf the snipers a bit elite mod sniper system is pretty good that the recieved accuracy increases when they are in a blob
7: No misses when you countersnipe
Those are the main things that need some fixing furtherwise I donīt have anything else in mind for now.
So maybe wehrmacht should be able to get a tiger in t1 for 100 mp tongue.gif

+
# 4RoCk_!t Sep 8 2019, 13:00 PM
Things that come instantly in my mind

1 cpt bug fix
2 "oh shit button" instant arty from brits should have more delay
3 rifle upkeep lower
4 trenches: should cost ~100mp/should be directional cover/should not be able to be deleted instantly/armor boost should not be there in close range ....or whatever.
5 pe goliath cloak bug fix
6 sniper spam=penalty/cloak only in cover/(pe-brit) units should autofocus or be able to focus sniper on retreat, sniper should have always 100% accuracy on Snipers
7 BARCOUNT=COH2 matchmaker and ranking system, show searching players in %, not in numbers
8 Jagtpanther should get one of those tweaks: more range/more accuracy against inf/splash damage like tiger2/reduce price
9 Staghound armor/health reduce
10 scorched earth bruning points: reduce time to get it back up/make it like repair a building so it repair cant be cancled when one man dies
11 m10 bugshot fix and tweak performance/price
12 Brit medic station should be an upgrade
13 Stuart Canister shot should do less damage on longrange/retreat/green cover

Some 2v2 maps should get some slight rework
Wolfheze - Cutoff
Rails - starting south as axis has some disatvantages: get rid of some of the trainwrecks at the path to south fuel, get rid of the hedge for the front +10 ammo

+
# 5B_Sky_IIRevolutionII Sep 9 2019, 19:22 PM
The priority is first and foremost the "hackers" maphacker and all the rest, an update that would block these cheat codes ...
on the website everyone can easily access it without worrying about a ban on the game. Then I propose to talk about the bugs as the other users mention it well!

+
# 6maaa1939 Sep 13 2019, 19:13 PM
Hi dear friend

I'm aware that this game is 13 years old and already got a lot of attention during these years. The most crucial point is that servers are intact, and it has an active community, which is rare and shiny for an aged game. However, I think fixing some technical issue can give joy to everyone.

Here is the list of them:
1- A permanent solution for 50FPS lock
2- A permanent solution for locking on black screen on startup
3- A permanent solution for invisible units (Random event)

There are the most common issues I saw on the community discussions. Usually, they have manual fixes, but they don't work always.

Best wishes and kind regards

+
# 7Tigerstahl Sep 19 2019, 21:47 PM
even I dont think anything would happen I tell you my points as an 10 year playing old german veteran

- bring a new update that makes all maphacking useless
- add the matchmaking of CoH2 or hide the 1st and 2nd Bars when the server is finding a match...
- bring back the old Levels for Basic games that the lobby players come back to CoH
- bring back the old Elo Point System to level up faster
- Bann barcounters and maphackers
- nerf the staghound
- nerf the AC vs capping US units and detected US snipers
- bugfix the captain sprint bug of British forces
- reset the ladder, cause its full of barcounted fake levels and stats

+
# 8Tigerstahl Sep 19 2019, 21:53 PM
QUOTE(Tigerstahl @ Sep 19 2019, 21:47 PM) *

even I dont think anything would happen I tell you my points as an 10 year playing old german veteran

- bring a new update that makes all maphacking useless
- add the matchmaking of CoH2 or hide the 1st and 2nd Bars when the server is finding a match...
- bring back the old Levels for Basic games that the lobby players come back to CoH
- bring back the old Elo Point System to level up faster
- Bann barcounters and maphackers
- nerf the staghound
- nerf the AC vs capping US units and detected US snipers
- bugfix the captain sprint bug of British forces
- reset the ladder, cause its full of barcounted fake levels and stats

+
# 9dropy Sep 20 2019, 21:39 PM
1:
Patch the game so the current working maphacks stops working and keep changing it at times so it breaks the maphacks in the future also.

2:
Remove/disable the status updater so its not shown when the game is getting setup, so people cannot barcount (get their friend as their teammate in 2v2 Auto etc) as easy as it is now.

3:
Set a max difference in terms of rank for teamgames, so if you are ranked lets say 100 in 2v2, you do not get a unranked or ranked 800 ally vs a ranked 54 and 38 as opponents.
And if there is not a good match to be found, do not put them in a game, waste of time for everybody.
(Examples)
(More examples)

4:
Fix M10 misfire

5:
Pak bug, you can cancel out the cooldown on wehr pak by giving specific orders, making it shooting faster then intended.

6:
Give negative zeal to sniper blobs or anything that makes them perform badly.

7:
Ghost tanktraps, now you can just spawn things in the way of your enemies vehicles, blocking their way.

8:
Adjust PE's ability to disable points, its instant now to disable the point, and the time to repair it is just waaay to long, compared to the time it takes to disable it.

9:
A hold fire option on the US anti-tank gun, so it wont shoot at random inf and revealing its position.

10:
Moderation in gr.org channel ingame. Currently you have random racists and insane people spewing out their nonsense on a daily basis.
(A example)

For insperation on what things to fix and how to do it, check out Elite Mod: https://www.coh2.org/topic/55486/elite-mod-...mpany-of-heroes
It has the fix for M10 misfire etc.

This post has been edited by dropy: Sep 24 2019, 10:56 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 10gr00n Sep 23 2019, 15:24 PM
Well... the only thing I want is to level up on skirmish vs AI, I enjoy leveling up with AI.

+
# 11snafing Sep 23 2019, 18:52 PM
i can support almost every suggestion posted in this thread.

some more suggestions:

- nerf the insanely lui bonuses for the brit blob.

- make brit inf units more vulnerable while retreating.

- punish blobs in general with negative zeal. left click and right click a big blob shouldn't work at all.

- nerf the bren carrier in the early game, would be enough if it would cost slightly more.

- make brit inf units slightly faster while moving. reduce inf cost maybe a bit.

- buff PE inf HT slightly, only AC meta is tiresome.

+
# 12dukejason Sep 23 2019, 23:36 PM
QUOTE(gr00n @ Sep 23 2019, 11:24 AM) *

Well... the only thing I want is to level up on skirmish vs AI, I enjoy leveling up with AI.

I do alot of comp-stomping myself, I have a great time. Feel free to join me on discord. There is alot you can learn about rts on this website.

This post has been edited by dukejason: Sep 24 2019, 00:25 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)