Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

About the future of the QM-Ladder

What would you prefer?
75.00% (9)
start of a brand new ladder - the old one will be saved - You can play the same name where also the old trophies and stats stay saved..
8.33% (1)
keep the old one and add a monthly ladder system
16.67% (2)
Option 1 + some QM Tournaments (weekly/monthly/however) during the year
0.00% (0)
Keep everything as before

Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Earendil Oct 5 2018, 09:34 AM
Hi guys,

I think I found a way to create some new stuff at the qm ladder. The question is now what do we want to do.

Please share your opinions here and justify your vote.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Earendil Oct 5 2018, 09:40 AM
I voted for option 1.
Anyway I guess some QM tournaments can be fun but a whole month seems too long for me. When I think back of cw months the enthusiasm was lost after the first two weeks most of the time. I guess sometimes a two week tournament or something like that can be fun thought. But need a general ladder in my opinion.

+
# 3MythvMight Oct 5 2018, 10:15 AM
2v2 Qm October is active for this month so let's see how it goes first.

Afterwards you could do the same thing for new nicks again for a 2 week period instead but at the right time so it doesn't interfere with the general rankings.

After 2v2 Qm Fiesta we could change nothing and it would leave a nice level of competition for Qm to continue from the old names. Like a higher league within a league and take it from there.

It would be a shame to reset the old stats and the new now because it shows players win % but after comps we could reset the entire 1v1, 2v2 ladders in the summer next year so every player then has a chance to start again.

Timing is the key.

+
# 4suturbs Oct 5 2018, 10:26 AM
Well, the algorithm of points is more important in a "ladder", more than anything..

What is the purpose?
-To Make people play more?
-Find out the new skills?
-Polishing ancient players, whatsoever?
-Find out enthusiastic players? Depends an alot.

How should a player lose/gain points depending on opponent rank?
-Whatsoever..

IDM for me.

However may have suggestions; Is it possible to make monthly ladders, however, keep a overall one, too? Make a monthly ladder, and add the results every month, to an overall ladder. Could be interesting. Or Leave everthing else and make a League: suggest everybody play vs everybody in same counts, and in a certain time period, and even predetermine mu's.

This post has been edited by suturbs: Oct 7 2018, 20:57 PM

+
# 5Beterwel Oct 5 2018, 10:38 AM
Option 1, reset this old bitch.

+
# 6RP0 Oct 5 2018, 11:25 AM
LOL it makes no sense not to add a weekly/monthly ladder... Have people lost their minds or what

I guess folks prefer static ladder as opposed to dynamic one which is quite surprising.

And bad timing for this poll tbh. We already have an active october qm ladder, why remove the spotlight from that? well, i know why tongue.gif

+
# 7RyanLane Oct 5 2018, 11:41 AM
How often will the ladder be reset, should you start a new one?

+
# 8LATINO Oct 5 2018, 11:48 AM
QUOTE(RP0 @ Oct 5 2018, 13:25 PM) *

LOL it makes no sense not to add a weekly/monthly ladder... Have people lost their minds or what

I guess folks prefer static ladder as opposed to dynamic one which is quite surprising.

And bad timing for this poll tbh. We already have an active october qm ladder, why remove the spotlight from that? well, i know why tongue.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 9Earendil Oct 5 2018, 12:01 PM
I had now time. Why should I post it in one or two months? Of course you can finish your great october month wink.gif don't worry

anyway this is just a poll about opinions .. not what exactly will happen

This post has been edited by Earendil: Oct 5 2018, 12:08 PM

+
# 10Anon` Oct 5 2018, 12:08 PM
Keep the old one, reset it quarterly (records, throphies etc beeing saved)

+
# 11IlPrincipino Oct 5 2018, 13:14 PM
Option 1 I guess. I would vote for a monthly ladder system, but it all depends on the activity. Either way, I think it's time for a new ladder/reset.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)