Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Explain things the tutorial didn't tell me

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Campaigner Aug 26 2012, 18:28 PM
I just started playing SupCom 2 (never played SupCom) and there are things the tutorial isn't telling me....

Ctrl movement
The Air microing video talks about Ctrl movement but I can't hear what he's saying! So can someone here just type what Ctrl moving exactly does and how useful it and such?

Groundfiring
Was explained in a good way in one of your guides. Nice job smile.gif

Attackmoving every 5th second with aircraft over manually targeting
You explained this too! Great!

I've read through most of your guides and am currently at sovjetprides large guide.

Is there anything else the tutorial didn't tell me?

Right now I'm on UEF #4 where Commander Lynch uses large amounts of Gunships and some Rockheads.
My first plan would be to go Wasps and Gunships and just crush her but the missions wants me to tech to King Kriptor making me believe I should go land instead....but how viable is that? She got Rockheads and some artillery/MMLs.

I started by investing all my researchpoints in Structures (more mass, energy and research) and then for some air as I build lots of Wasps to combat her Gunships but should I instead go Structures and Land and ignore Air? The arachnit/antichrist or what the hell is called doesn't seem powerful enough against her Gunships and she also got those Rockheads....

I'm not looking for a campaign walkthrough. I'm looking at learning the game.

I've downloaded 10 replays so far from your Hall of Fame and Expert Replays. I would never have learned about assisting and that you can shoot at the ground with artillery without those replays!

Lastly, what's the difference between MMLs and artillery. Which is better? Should I only build one type?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2redarrow7216 Aug 26 2012, 21:34 PM
Ctrl movement
The Air microing video talks about Ctrl movement but I can't hear what he's saying! So can someone here just type what Ctrl moving exactly does and how useful it and such?

CTRL move makes your units cluster, thus giving them higher DPS/m^2

Is there anything else the tutorial didn't tell me?

Yes, But it's too much to tell and probably only gained by experience.

Right now I'm on UEF #4 where Commander Lynch uses large amounts of Gunships and some Rockheads.
My first plan would be to go Wasps and Gunships and just crush her but the missions wants me to tech to King Kriptor making me believe I should go land instead....but how viable is that? She got Rockheads and some artillery/MMLs.

Go king kriptor's + fatties + fighters. works quite well. Only research built cost, the rest is utter BS. Also note that single player balance is very different from multiplayer.

Lastly, what's the difference between MMLs and artillery. Which is better? Should I only build one type?

MML's are used to bring down buildings quickly. Totally not suitable for units. Which you read about in the guides.

Arty is good vs blobs.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3Campaigner Aug 28 2012, 13:30 PM
Ah thanks!

I'll play some more and see how it goes. Then I'll try some MP.

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)