Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

How to Counter Short Range Artillery Wall

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1TobyHoof Nov 29 2012, 14:35 PM
Hi.

I played a game recently where the bridge to my opponent was blocked off with short range artillery and ant-air defence. It rendered my land units (UEF tanks, arcanists, and meteors) useless as I could not get close enough to even strike beofre I was hit myself.

Having done much reading, I thought, "Okay, I'll just counter his defensive wall." But I didn't know what to build to counter such a strong stationary defence. Eventually I was overwhelmed and lost. I think my thought process was okay but I just didn't know how to proceed with a counter plan. How should I have approached the probelm e.g. what should I have countered with? Should I have abandoned land and focused on air? Or since I was going for a rush and obviously my opponent built defenses faster than I built offence, should I have focused defense and fortifying my base?

Thanks for your help.

TH

+
# 2redarrow7216 Dec 1 2012, 11:31 AM
what faction were you and your opponent?

Also what map?

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3TobyHoof Dec 3 2012, 04:24 AM
Hi.

We were both UEF and the map was the Markon Bridge.

Thanks for your responses, both here and on the other thread I started. Among other things, I've come to realize that I have been making the mistake of keeping my ACU at my main base and have been afraid to use him to expand. This realization should help me going forward.

TH

+
# 4redarrow7216 Dec 3 2012, 19:16 PM
yeah I figured you were playing markons. Few players do because it always ends up in rock paper scissors.

On this map it's easy to counter going cruisers or just a lot of gunships. Just kill his main base first, and than his fortifications. You're saying he was turtling on the bridge right? don't attack that! just attack all his resources and prepare for a final attack.

let him see how stupid he was tongue.gif

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 5gatygun Nov 9 2014, 17:07 PM
QUOTE(TobyHoof @ Nov 29 2012, 14:35 PM) *

Hi.

I played a game recently where the bridge to my opponent was blocked off with short range artillery and ant-air defence. It rendered my land units (UEF tanks, arcanists, and meteors) useless as I could not get close enough to even strike beofre I was hit myself.

Having done much reading, I thought, "Okay, I'll just counter his defensive wall." But I didn't know what to build to counter such a strong stationary defence. Eventually I was overwhelmed and lost. I think my thought process was okay but I just didn't know how to proceed with a counter plan. How should I have approached the probelm e.g. what should I have countered with? Should I have abandoned land and focused on air? Or since I was going for a rush and obviously my opponent built defenses faster than I built offence, should I have focused defense and fortifying my base?

Thanks for your help.

TH

artillary would take care of it. no matter if he got shield defenses a few of those things will absolutely wreck that defense wall of his.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)