Kanes Wrath

GDI generic build order

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1OldSchooler Mar 20 2018, 10:37 AM
What is a good generic build order for GDI I usually go
Power Plant
Watchtower (sold off)
Refinery
War Factory (Harvester x3, a pitbull, then preds or APCs)
Power plant
Refinery
Power Plant
Command Center
Expand
Power Plant
Refinery
Refinery
War Factory

I've noticed that I never have enough income to cover all three harvesters, and I can't get a unit out fast enough to counter harass. Any pointers would be helpful.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Zypherbullet Mar 21 2018, 19:43 PM
QUOTE(OldSchooler @ Mar 20 2018, 12:37 PM) *

What is a good generic build order for GDI I usually go
Power Plant
Watchtower (sold off)
Refinery
War Factory (Harvester x3, a pitbull, then preds or APCs)
Power plant
Refinery
Power Plant
Command Center
Expand
Power Plant
Refinery
Refinery
War Factory
I've noticed that I never have enough income to cover all three harvesters, and I can't get a unit out fast enough to counter harass. Any pointers would be helpful.

Well what you often see is this:
Power Plant
Tower-sell + Barracks (if spikes are present/more scouts are needed)
Refinery
Warfactory
Refinery + 1 harvester. You need to delay the production of the second harvester or micro your existing harversters to prevent your credits from running out. It's a bad thing to have both a harverster and a refinery being constructed with neither of them being able to finish. It's either - or.

Once your refinery is down, wait for the harvester to pop out and then use the power tool to set it offline. This will get your power meter into the green again so your production time will no longer be slowed - construct a power plant.
When you are about to finish the power plant, set your refinery online and place the power plant.

From here on, it is fully situational on how to proceed. If you manage to scout your opponent with your riflemen, you don't need the single pitbull and can sink the money into your strategy. If your opponent goes for an eco-build, you can dictate the game. If they prepare an attack, you should counter-attack or prepare a defense.

Simply going preds+apcs won't always work (they are rather slow).

Note that above is a standard buildorder, there are some guides on rushes as well. There's the orca rush for example, there's a rig rush, a pitbull rush and I've even seen some succesful sniper team rushes. Some players can make an engineer-apc rush work too.

Steel Talons can also do a titan rush to try and attempt to crush an enemy harvester (not Scrin-harvesters though).

Just try all the play styles and see which one works best for you. Remember, it's all situational. Act and react.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 3OldSchooler Mar 22 2018, 01:59 AM
Yeah I have the titan rush pretty much down ( it's literally the only way I win) but I didnt know that stuff about powering down the refinery or deleying the WF harvesters.

Thanks I think this will help me alot.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)