Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Ranked RotWK

Would you be interested in competitive RotWK?
62.50% (20)
Yes
25.00% (8)
No
12.50% (4)
Not sure

Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ab3r` Jun 10 2021, 10:40 AM
With a new 2.02 patch on the horizon I wanted to see what the interest is within the community for a competitive RotWK platform. Currently the RotWK League is dormant, this tool requires a significant amount of maintenance, server management, website management and database management, along with the fee to keep the domain active. We also have the option of playing clanwars too, which has always been a safe option in the past.

The benefits of the RotWK league in my opinion are greater than clanwars, with the league we have an auto report tool, which means there is less commitment to competitive play, we can edit the points system unlike clanwars where we are stuck with the broken points, you also have the flexibility to play with or against anyone on league, so you can duo with your regular partner but also flex and play with other people when needed. It’s also easier to organise 3v3 or 4v4 league games than it is clanwars too. I’m not against testing the water with maybe a set clans month then transitioning over to league after there is some momentum with interest.

It would also be helpful if everyone could vote in the above poll about general interest in ranked play, would you play if there was a push on clanwars or league? Which do you prefer? Why do you prefer that platform? How active would you be?

This post has been edited by Ab3r`: Jun 10 2021, 10:47 AM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2RCN-Ninkazy Jun 10 2021, 13:10 PM
Yes great idea, I have not tested the league so I would say for now the clanwars. Before the competition aspect I am mainly looking for a ladder with my statistics accessible quickly. If the league allows it, I'm ok! But that means it has to work all the time even in months when there is no activity. (maybe I'm too nostalgic ??)

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3trucky Jun 10 2021, 23:48 PM
Set clans on rotwk league would be very awesome but I think league needs the following changes first:
1. Clan rankings so u can contribute to a team
2. Remove loss stats from public view (keep win stats)
3. Give us pixel cups to immortalize winners so we can see who wins each month forever - clanwars.cc is great for this tbh

With these changes I think rotwk league can do very well and i think set clans would be a good way to kickstart activity on it.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4Platino Jun 12 2021, 17:12 PM
League is better for fast report but Clanwars for more things. I prefere clanwar, need 10 sec for report a loss. We need something,atm noone enter in pro's room

Clan: Divine

+
# 5Imperialist Jun 12 2021, 18:58 PM
QUOTE(Platino @ Jun 12 2021, 20:12 PM) *

League is better for fast report but Clanwars for more things. I prefere clanwar, need 10 sec for report a loss. We need something,atm noone enter in pro's room

Attached Image

+
# 6Ab3r` Jun 12 2021, 19:59 PM
QUOTE(Platino @ Jun 12 2021, 18:12 PM) *

Lack of responses on here seems to suggest there’s no real appetite for competitive

+
# 7TheEternalUniverse Jun 12 2021, 20:38 PM
I would love for league to comeback, I believe it can do great if not better than in the past. I agree with trucky's suggestions, especially pixels badges, like "Number 2 player for february month, silver medal" and such. The stats data would also be great and would be reason alone for me to play it.

It could require a little push at start but what we need mainly is easy access, easy explanations, easy setup. This thread is not being very active because nobody uses gamereplays much anymore to say their opinions, they don't bother making an account, or even connecting. Its the same for commitment to competitive play, on other games you just need to push a button and you can ladder up; We need to make it as accessible as enjoyable and attractive as possible. The only reason clan wars is still in the loop is because old players know how to use it, but it never gets new players, or recent players. League is much easier to use and we have to create activity first, unlike clan wars which has an old player base, League player base is still fresh so we have to create activity first before attracting a larger crowd. Which means we have to launch it for good.
Events, Tournaments, clans, will then progressively migrate to league as more and more people start to use it, for statistics, for laddering, for events. Then new features can also be added, and that is to see with our website dev.

It will be a progressive build up to something more definitive and sustainable. But we have to participate, it's not gonna live on its own, until the player base is as big as the game, and most if not all 1v1s are played on league.

This post has been edited by TheEternalUniverse: Jun 12 2021, 20:41 PM

+
# 8ballsdeep Jun 12 2021, 20:54 PM
I am not really interested in playing competitively myself, but like watching. Some ideas: Some form of mentoring, maybe 2v2 tournaments with a gp and a med/noob. League could be good if we got everyone using it, would at least get lesser skilled players the chance to get experience in more serious games, and maybe lead to them being able to properly compete in bigger torneys

+
# 9Urban Jug Jun 12 2021, 22:34 PM
Set clans worked very good with clanwars, Imo it's best to do rotwk league with set clans. With 3-4 big clans. Because most people will not play 1v1. They will play team games. They can play 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 league to get points for whole clan, and those who want to improve in 1v1 can match with equally skiled players from other clan( example: med vs med). I think without clans rotwk league wont be popular.

Clan: PIRATES

+
# 10Johann Tilly Jun 12 2021, 22:59 PM

No time/interest for Set ("in Stone") formats like CW or Ladders/Leauge. When I play, I login GR and play.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: Jun 12 2021, 23:02 PM

+
# 11LeTigres Jun 13 2021, 19:33 PM
I'm surprised people still play...

+
# 12StrayHeart Jun 15 2021, 06:37 AM
I feel sorry I lost so much time on that ladder.

+
# 13SosMula Jun 16 2021, 22:30 PM
I would love to play competive again, I like cw.cc more because of the old days but i would play league too if there is some activity =)

+
# 14PinkMan Jun 21 2021, 13:07 PM
QUOTE(SosMula @ Jun 17 2021, 00:30 AM) *

I would love to play competive again, I like cw.cc more because of the old days but i would play league too if there is some activity =)

<333333333

+
# 15LeTigres Jun 21 2021, 14:37 PM
I'd consider playing if a Set-clans would happen. It usually revives the game for either a couple of weeks or a full month at best 2. Not many people play this game anymore so i wouldnt expect a shit tons of players signing up.

If Set-clans would happen i'd suggest u do depending on how many ofc maybe 1-4 clans maximum 2 would probably be boring and bad.

+
# 16SosMula Jun 21 2021, 19:39 PM
QUOTE(PinkMan @ Jun 21 2021, 14:07 PM) *

<333333333

Of course just with you in a Clan Alex ;-) <3

+
# 17Muadd Jul 29 2021, 10:22 AM
Numbers are everything. They are the source for the passion

Clan: GoF|

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)