THE CAMPAIGN IS FUCKING AWESOME..

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Cypher1 Jul 27 2010, 23:14 PM
yuo do your badge proud ^^

+
# 3ThePhilospher Jul 28 2010, 03:00 AM
I only completed 10ish missions so far, but the story did blow my mind.

+
# 4JimRaynor Jul 28 2010, 03:47 AM
QUOTE(ThePhilospher @ Jul 27 2010, 23:00 PM) *

I only completed 10ish missions so far, but the story did blow my mind.

the opening speech by the prisoner guy makes me wanna either bomb a parliament building or overthrow a government.... just cause it would feel cool...

+
# 5Flopjack Jul 28 2010, 09:27 AM
Best RTS campaign ever. Hands down. It's the first RTS single player I'm having fun in mission after mission. It's the first RTS campaign I actually want to play before multi-player. I sometimes forget I'm playing an RTS until I have units to control each mission. This is how it should be in RTS. Single player and multi-player are two different worlds all together in the same game, but of course, only a Blizzard budge is capable of this feat.

In game cut scenes are much better than I expected and the high renders are always nice of course. Each mission has a fun mechanic to play with and playing through on hard is just the right difficulty for me my first time through. (brutal is the highest difficult, one above hard) This would also make this the first RTS single player experience I would recommend. It's just a shame all the context from the first Starcraft would be missing for those who didn't play it.

In short: really good.

+
# 6Crilar Jul 28 2010, 18:45 PM
Have to agree. I'm only a few missions in but I love it. Wish they would have focussed more on the starting element though, e.g. Jim participating in guerilla warfare and recruiting.

+
# 7Lord Honk Jul 28 2010, 19:37 PM
Woo, looking forward to it biggrin.gif seems to get a bit more of an enthusiastic response than the last RTS campaign I played xD

Anywhay, where's that darn mailman?!

+
# 8meeper Jul 29 2010, 14:54 PM
Finished the campaign. Put over 20 hours into it. Lets just say my preorder for the heart of the swarm is assured not only for fun factor but for storyline. I have no idea how where they are going to go from here.

Morons saying this is only a 1/3rd of a game clearly havent played more than a few missions of the campaign. You have over 30 missions, each one completely unique in objectives rather than KILL ZE BOSS!

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 9JimRaynor Jul 29 2010, 16:10 PM
QUOTE(meeper @ Jul 29 2010, 10:54 AM) *

Finished the campaign. Put over 20 hours into it. Lets just say my preorder for the heart of the swarm is assured not only for fun factor but for storyline. I have no idea how where they are going to go from here.

Morons saying this is only a 1/3rd of a game clearly havent played more than a few missions of the campaign. You have over 30 missions, each one completely unique in objectives rather than KILL ZE BOSS!

i started to think this campaign would be a masterpiece 30 seconds into it .... in the first 3 lines by the first person narrator which concluded with....

"how well do you know yourself?"

This post has been edited by JimRaynor: Jul 29 2010, 16:15 PM

+
# 10meeper Jul 29 2010, 16:40 PM
I love how some of the missions branch off. The stroke of genius of having upgrades already instead of having to research every ability on the ground saved a part of my sanity.

Some of the dialogue is horribly cliche at times but I can forgive it for the overall story.

The engine is just amazing too. Every part of the map lives and breathes despite not having destructible terrain. The moving search lights, the underground operating machinery, the sharks swimming in the water. They put love into each and every mission, every nook and cranie detailed. Even the units that arent in multi have an amazing amount of detail and niche use.

I cant wait to see what the map making community can do with it.

As someone who has played and passed quite a few RTS single player campaigns, I easily say this the best Ive played.

+
# 11Flopjack Jul 29 2010, 17:23 PM
QUOTE(meeper @ Jul 29 2010, 12:40 PM) *
Some of the dialogue is horribly cliche at times but I can forgive it for the overall story.
Yeah, some of the lines are actually pretty silly. laugh.gif But again, like you said, it's quite forgivable.

+
# 12Ezio Auditore Aug 7 2010, 20:40 PM
Daam right The campaign=is fucking AWSOME. tongue.gif

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

+
# 13Reaper Aug 23 2010, 13:24 PM
There are some references I think are nice smile.gif (Can't drive warp 5.5 i.e. - Sammy Hagars I can't drive 55).

I'm only few missions into the campaign, but it looks really good.

This post has been edited by Reaper^^: Aug 23 2010, 13:25 PM

+
# 14Dauntless3788 Oct 15 2010, 18:20 PM
I think the only thing I didn't like is that more Zerg died than Terrans, whereas in the original the Terrans seemed to die all over the place. It made it seem darker to think the Humans were the weakest link.

+
# 15Heady Oct 15 2010, 22:26 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed playing the campaign! I'll even admit to playing through the SP before ever playing MP (excluding co-op). Some of the characters can be pretty underdeveloped. I really want to try to beat it on Brutal but I've gotten stuck on Supernova.

+
# 16ackmondual May 29 2012, 05:53 AM
QUOTE(Crilar @ Jul 28 2010, 13:45 PM) *

Have to agree. I'm only a few missions in but I love it. Wish they would have focussed more on the starting element though, e.g. Jim participating in guerilla warfare and recruiting.

Yeah, when I got into the game, I was surprised that it's been 4 years since the end of BW. Then as you're made aware of the state of the Domion's military, it turns out they did skip all that time.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)