Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

How To Stop A Tank With A Tank

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1T.O.V IS FOR MEN Jul 8 2016, 09:51 AM
See when i was playing against an expert computer he took my 4 Pz4s out and left me with no choice

Now when i saw the pershing i panicked and sent out my one and only King tiger and i need

help to find Alternatives to stop another pershing attack

This post has been edited by T.O.V IS FOR MEN: Jul 15 2016, 00:35 AM

+
# 2piwawsky Jul 14 2016, 17:06 PM
wait...what?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3T.O.V IS FOR MEN Jul 15 2016, 00:38 AM
QUOTE(piwawsky @ Jul 14 2016, 17:06 PM) *

wait...what?

I was playing as the terror doctrine commander in tales of valor

+
# 4piwawsky Jul 15 2016, 15:00 PM
yeah I got that since you can only get KT with terror... wink.gif
what is your question again? How to qounter a pershing? Well a KT vs a pershing, KT will always win 1v1. If he pops up field repair and has some AT guns helping it might be different story so you should also have support of your own. Counter his AT guns with your infantry and supplement a KT with a pak or a shreck for AT to counter pershing.

+
# 5T.O.V IS FOR MEN Jul 16 2016, 03:28 AM
I Mean What if i lose my kt how do i stop another pershing attack

+
# 6djw2104 Jul 16 2016, 18:21 PM
Whereas the US player can call in a new Pershing, either with the relevant resources or by using the Allied War Machine function, once you have lost your KT then it's gone for good. sad.gif

However, the Tiger tank via the BlitzKrieg Doctrine can be called in again should it get killed. (In the old days you could have two Pershings and two Tiger tanks on the field, but not anymore.)

It takes a lot to destroy it, the KT, but look after it and support it at all times and it can be a game changer. Remember that once you have deployed a KT your opponent(s) will go all out to get it.

Should you be in the position to lose it a vetted Panther supported with PAK AT guns and shreked Grenadiers can be a good counter. The PanzerIV is more of an anti-infantry unit but can inflict some damage. When playing as Wehr it is best to get KKC (KampKraft Centre) as this is the unit you need to 'buy' veterency.

piwawsky may have more to add which will be more of help than my mere ramblings above.

Game: None

+
# 7piwawsky Jul 20 2016, 15:00 PM
As stated before, try not to lose your KT in the first place 😀 You can't call in another one.
Support your KT with (volk)grenadiers and have pios nearby for repairs. Repair bunker is a must. If he spams AT guns, drop a firestorm on them.
Replay would be nice to help more.

+
# 8Doomdark May 19 2017, 15:28 PM
1. Never call in a KT as a "last resort" if you don't have the units to support it. They are big and slow and hard to kill but if the enemy has support units and AT guns they will sticky the KT and use tanks to stop it escaping while the AT guns kill it. Once it is dead the odds of winning drop dramatically.

2. KT take ages to repair so I would say 2 repair bunkers are a must.

3. Don't push the KT too far forward unsupported, especially if the enemy has AT guns.

4. Use it as a stone wall for the enemy to throw themselves against. Let it take the hits while other units flank and kill the enemy.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)