Explore GameReplays...

World in Conflict

Movement Commands

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1xFactor Nov 6 2007, 23:40 PM
[h1]
Movement Commands
[/h1]

You may know how to use your units on the battlefield but that may as well be useless if you cannot control them effectively to do this! In this tip we will briefly look at some of the movement controls available in the game and why they are useful to you.

Stop (Default key = T) -

This command does exactly as it says, stops your unit immediately at its current position. Why is this useful? Well for example you may spot enemy units ahead and want them to approach you rather than you directly charging ahead to engage them. Then you can set up an ambush for them.

The most likely reason you will use this is if you’re playing as Armour and all of a sudden come under attack from helicopters. You will want to stop and pop smoke immediately to hide from the attack. If you have a keyboard that can assign macros, you can assign a macro that stops your tank and pops smoke at the same time, saving you precious seconds!

IPB Image
Stop moving your tank and pop smoke straight away to avoid fire from incoming Helicopters

Reverse Move (Default Key = Shift+N) -

Holding down these keys will make your unit move backwards to its ordered destination. This is perfect for when you need to retreat or draw the enemy into a trap. An Armour player will find this useful so they can keep their better frontal armour facing the enemy when retreating.

An Air player can find this useful when they are retreating from Anti-air. Also they will still be able to fire back their Air-to-Air/Anti-Tank missiles and gun back at the enemy chasing you if they are in range without having to stop and turn around.

IPB Image
If outnumbered, use Reverse Move to get away with your frontal armour facing the main enemy force, so you take less damage and keep the unit alive!

Move (Default Key = N) -

This is equivalent to using a Right click move order but instead you hold down the key and Left click. Totally pointless you may think? Not at all! You will need to use this command when you want an armoured unit to run over enemy Infantry instead of attacking them, so this command is essentially the same as “Force move” found in many other strategy games.

IPB Image
Use the Move command on these Anti-tank troops...

IPB Image
...and squish them before they cause more damage to your tanks!

It also may be useful when an Air player wants a Helicopter to hover right above a certain place or enemy unit when issuing a normal movement command would order it to destroy the unit.

By: Lynx AH-7

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2Tae1 Nov 7 2007, 11:19 AM
Good tips, somethings I didn't know and that are very useful.

Just a question: What kind of keybords are available for those macro things you mencioned? I have never heard of any kind of keyboards but they sound interesting. Does anyone know any?

Clan: -MaD|

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3Lynx AH-7 Nov 7 2007, 11:45 AM
QUOTE(Tae1 @ Nov 7 2007, 11:19 AM) *

Good tips, somethings I didn't know and that are very useful.

Just a question: What kind of keybords are available for those macro things you mencioned? I have never heard of any kind of keyboards but they sound interesting. Does anyone know any?

The Logitech G15, nice keyboard, backlit and has 18 programmable keys for your personal use -

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....=23&subcat=

There are also programs out there that you can use that change the setup of your keyboard and can assign macros to but I've never used them.

Personally I don't have a macro programmable keyboard either, the only reason being is that I don't have a spare USB port that most modern ones only use, still have to use the default keyboard port with the only thing thats still going from my first computer!

A Local LAN cafe had a programmable keyboard, honestly I felt like I was cheating with it but its only makes things a little easier, not like an aimbot or something.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 4Tae1 Nov 8 2007, 19:29 PM
Thanks. I was just curious, not thinking in buying because I really like the one I got. I just asked to see how it works. Thanks.

Clan: -MaD|

Game: League of Legends

+
# 5Smart Feb 2 2008, 15:52 PM
probably the only useful tip you have given xfactor

thanks

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 6Lynx AH-7 Feb 3 2008, 00:11 AM
QUOTE(xFactor9 @ Nov 6 2007, 23:40 PM) *

By: Lynx AH-7

whistling.gif

Game: Battlefield 3

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)