Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Episode 1 of "Company of Heroes History": Relive the most iconic games from the greatest g

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Dontom Feb 16 2021, 19:22 PM
I am a very old Company of Heroes fan and recently found myself reminiscing with an old friend about the earliest days of Company of Heroes. After hours of fondly remembering the pros we used to watch, the matches we enjoyed played, and the bugs we loved to hate, I was motivated by the power of nostalgia to seek out some videos or commentaries of those early games. Unfortunately, I found that most were unavailable, and had disappeared along with filefront and mediafire.

Rather than be deterred, I decided to use my considerable freetime (thanks COVID-19) to dig out my Company of Heroes disk, install from version 1.0 and rewatch and recast some of the most iconic games of all time. Episode 1 is now available on youtube. It charts an early post-release battle between th15 (Terror Doctrine) and Archit3ct (Armor Company) on Angoville.

You can expect large scale tank battles (featuring the original Tiger Ace and main gun-equipped Sherman Calliope), infantry sniping panzerfausts, bugged mines, Observation Posts galore, and rifleman squads with 3 BARs!

I realise there is likely a very small and very niche audience for this, but if such an audience exists I'm sure some of you will be here!

Full Series Links:
Patch 1.2
Episode 1 - th15 vs Architect on Angoville
Episode 2 - Smav vs Vitensby on Semois
Episode 3 - Gnug315 vs InuBasha on Angoville
Episode 4 - Team iD vs Team Ti on Lorraine
Episode 5 and the very best replay from Patch 1.2! - Ahenian vs Aniketos on Semois

Patch 1.3
Episode 6 - Ahenian vs Duwanii on Semois
Episode 7 - Aniketos vs Nystrom on Angoville
Episode 8 and the very best replay from Patch 1.3! - Sepha vs Nystrom on Semois

Patch 1.4
Episode 9 - HeroicCompany vs Nystrom on Angoville
Episode 10 - NewName vs Challengerli on Angoville
Episode 11 - Aniketos vs Nystrom on Sturzdorf
Episode 12 and the best replay from Patch 1.4! - Golradaer & KittyMix vs NewName & Gmerc on Rails and Metal

Patch 1.5
Episode 13 - 12azor vs Architect on Beaux Lowlands
Episode 14 - Pros only 4vs4 on Route N13
Episode 15 - Golradaer's Unbeatable Strategy vs nide on Angoville
Episode 16 - Aniketos vs 12azor on Angoville
Episode 17 and the best replay from patch 1.5 - Nystrom vs Exexe on Angoville

Patch 1.6
Episode 18 - Golradaer vs Bentguru on Angoville
Episode 19 - Golradaer vs Nystrom on Angoville

Blitz Episode Links:
Semi-Auto Panzerschrecks
Unlimited Zombie Tanks
When snipers cost munitions
When M8s were literally unstoppable
Testing the Sherman Plasma Shield
When M8s fired sticky bombs

This post has been edited by Dontom: Jun 10 2021, 09:17 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Dontom Feb 18 2021, 10:20 AM
In the modern era of Company of Heroes, base rush strategies are rarely seen at the highest level. This wasn’t the case in patch 1.21! In Episode 2 of Company of Heroes History, we relive some of the earliest rushes that were commonly seen on the 1v1 ranked ladder, as Smav and Vitensby trade blows on Semois.

+
# 3Dontom Feb 24 2021, 19:29 PM
Episode 3 and 4 are now up on the channel, as well as another treat!

In Episode 3 of Company of Heroes History, Gnug315 and InuBasha battle it out on Angoville in another "Silver Replay" from Company of Heroes patch 1.2. Watch a brutal clash featuring heavy armour galore, ending in a frantic annihilation race!

The first teamgame episode of Company of Heroes History features two of the strongest 2vs2 teams of early retail: iD (EyeOfTheStorm and Begs) and Ti (Smurf and MrGrunt). This battle on Lorraine features heavy support weapon usage in the early game as both teams seek a rapid transition to vehicular combat. Late game, the might of the Axis Tigers face off against the sheer numbers of the Allied War Machine.

I also released a cheeky "Blitz Episode" of Company of Heroes History. It's a shorter video, showing the might of the Terror Doctrine Panzerschreck rush at its peak in 1.2!

If any mods are able to change thread title to something like "The Company of Heroes History Megathread" or something, that would be great!

+
# 4Dontom Feb 27 2021, 15:48 PM
As the last video from Patch 1.2, I wanted to present you with what I believe to be the very best replay from that era of the Company of Heroes. After considering all of the top-rated and most-reviewed replays available, I present to you Ahenian vs Aniketos on Semois.

This game truly has it all! A mobile early game with ever-evolving map control evolves into a dynamic mid-game where the might of the Axis Sturm Armory goes up against the mobility and anti-infantry prowess of the Allied light vehicles. As we move into the late game and both players' Victory Points start to dwindle, heavy armor dominates the battlefield as the few remaining infantry squads desperately scramble to capture critical points and win the VP war.

I'd like to thank everyone who watched the videos on this channel so far! I hope you've enjoyed seeing the release build of Company of Heroes in action, including its strange quirks and idiosynchrasies. I've loved revisiting these early games, and particularly seeing how play-styles evolved and improved so quickly in those early few weeks.

As I move onto patch 1.3, please let me know if there's any particular games you remember fondly and would like to watch again. I'm very happy to take suggestions!

+
# 5ahha Feb 27 2021, 22:53 PM
The audience who wants to watch 15 year old games of a 15 year old game is indeed very small

+
# 6Dontom Mar 1 2021, 00:12 AM
Yep! I've had about 1500 views on the channel to date, which is about 1400 more than I expected! I'm doing this for me, primarily, as I'm enjoying reliving the time when CoH gave me so much enjoyment, but if even a couple of others can get a kick from it then I'll be very pleased. It seems like people trickle back in here every so often to relive the glory days, and when they do I hope they might be pleasantly surprised to find a video or two they enjoy =]

+
# 7pwnstick Mar 3 2021, 15:15 PM
The noobiness from these great players is outstanding.

+
# 8Dontom Mar 4 2021, 19:22 PM
QUOTE(pwnstick @ Mar 3 2021, 16:15 PM) *

The noobiness from these great players is outstanding.

Haha so true! I remember thinking in the early days that these guys were approaching perfection, but now I think a half-decent Schelde-spammer would stand a good chance.

A new episode just out!: Airborne to the fore! Aniketos vs Nystrom

+
# 9dukejason Mar 5 2021, 23:50 PM
There is a crowd for this for sure, feel free to join my discord.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 10Dontom Mar 6 2021, 17:39 PM
QUOTE(dukejason @ Mar 6 2021, 00:50 AM) *

There is a crowd for this for sure, feel free to join my discord.

Thanks mate! Joined the discord =]

+
# 11dukejason Mar 24 2021, 16:06 PM
whats your name on discord?

+
# 12Dontom Mar 24 2021, 18:14 PM
I'll PM you now!

+
# 13dukejason Apr 8 2021, 14:50 PM
QUOTE(Dontom @ Mar 24 2021, 14:14 PM) *

I'll PM you now!

never got that pm m8?

+
# 14Dontom Jun 10 2021, 09:21 AM
Signing off with one final episode, and it's a doozy. Golradaer vs Nystrom smile.gif

+
# 15Freestyler. Jul 12 2021, 21:28 PM
Thx, enjoyed it

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)