Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

[WISE] Photo Album

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 641WISE Architect Oct 2 2009, 11:20 AM
biggrin.gif

Havent post a photo in our clan for a long time so here it goes:

The squad picture was taken in 2002 when i was doing Erasmus in Italy-Sicily. We had a team called "stella rosa" (red star ) lol and we were playing in a collegue championship. We reached the finals but we lost in the end tongue.gif

The other picture is me all dressed up - something rare. My father is in the background.

Cyas biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by WISE Architect: Oct 2 2009, 11:22 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Clan: [Wise]

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 642.bAgr Oct 3 2009, 18:49 PM
Hey Jace, Red star? Really strange name for team not comming from eastern europe smile.gif

You did not really change much smile.gif

Can't say that about myself... I reached my desired weight and now I'd like to get some body muscles, because as my father and friends say, I look like someone who just escaped from a concentration camp... biggrin.gif

So a friend conviced me to kickbox lessons, good sport to fix my shortened leg muscles (result of cycling). The beginners lessons are all about stretching, really exhausting training and basics of fight technics (no direct contact yet). I wonder how long it will take to get my nose broken smile.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 643WISE Architect Oct 4 2009, 02:15 AM
Hehe i practice kickboxing for three years. From 15 to 18. It was incredibly tough to handle, mostly cause we exerciced for 1 hour only streching etc. Then another 1hour fighting. after begginer 1st year i started to enter circle fights against our teacher - that time national champion - a guy with only 1,59m high. Really small but tough guy to fight lol.

Then one day i was fighting against a black fellow and he throwed me a high kick. He hited me in my lips with his toe nails. I started bleding bad and that moment was the end of kickboxing for me. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Started surfing after that. Good times tbh. tongue.gif

+
# 644.bAgr Oct 5 2009, 15:37 PM
QUOTE(WISE Architect @ Oct 4 2009, 04:15 AM) *

Hehe i practice kickboxing for three years. From 15 to 18. It was incredibly tough to handle, mostly cause we exerciced for 1 hour only streching etc. Then another 1hour fighting. after begginer 1st year i started to enter circle fights against our teacher - that time national champion - a guy with only 1,59m high. Really small but tough guy to fight lol.

Then one day i was fighting against a black fellow and he throwed me a high kick. He hited me in my lips with his toe nails. I started bleding bad and that moment was the end of kickboxing for me. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Started surfing after that. Good times tbh. tongue.gif

Hm, interesting, you could have said that earlier! smile.gif

I love the beginner lessons, the drill and stretching, something my body needs. I'm not sure if I want to proceed to the "fight" part, time will tell. Right now I have no idea (I'm not there because I enjoy fighting so I'm not really sure).

We have 2 head coaches, and they are both "pretty good". The older is World Champ in Full contact, Euro Champ, second one is also World Champ (low kicks), 3 x Euro Champ. in low kicks and full contact and Profi World Champ (but he was never doing the sport on profi level!...). I could even find their videos on YT smile.gif Our arena is well known in Czech, but it still feels like the one you know from Rocky I. biggrin.gif

+
# 645PayBack Oct 6 2009, 01:39 AM
i did kick boxing for a few weeks when i was in mauritius. but i can understand why there is such an emphasis on stretching, really improves your flexibility

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 646WISE Architect Oct 6 2009, 18:57 PM
4gr33d Payback!

QUOTE(.bAgr @ Oct 5 2009, 16:37 PM) *

Hm, interesting, you could have said that earlier! smile.gif

I love the beginner lessons, the drill and stretching, something my body needs. I'm not sure if I want to proceed to the "fight" part, time will tell. Right now I have no idea (I'm not there because I enjoy fighting so I'm not really sure).

We have 2 head coaches, and they are both "pretty good". The older is World Champ in Full contact, Euro Champ, second one is also World Champ (low kicks), 3 x Euro Champ. in low kicks and full contact and Profi World Champ (but he was never doing the sport on profi level!...). I could even find their videos on YT smile.gif Our arena is well known in Czech, but it still feels like the one you know from Rocky I. biggrin.gif

Wow your teachers are top notch pros.

Like you said time will tell but im sure you ll like fighting cause once you reach a good flexibility + agility you fell so much better to handle body contact pressure. Also im sure youve practiced some fight combos (alone), no? Like do the same combo - defense or attack - over and over again till its mechanic.

I loved the streching part too. Loved also to make this combo - low kick (bluff) then highkick - very fast biggrin.gif.

I was never a good fighter anywayz but like to kick/punch was really fun at that time. tongue.gif
Now i prefer snowboarding hehe.

+
# 647.bAgr Oct 6 2009, 20:59 PM
QUOTE(WISE Architect @ Oct 6 2009, 20:57 PM) *

4gr33d Payback!
Wow your teachers are top notch pros.

Like you said time will tell but im sure you ll like fighting cause once you reach a good flexibility + agility you fell so much better to handle body contact pressure. Also im sure youve practiced some fight combos (alone), no? Like do the same combo - defense or attack - over and over again till its mechanic.

I loved the streching part too. Loved also to make this combo - low kick (bluff) then highkick - very fast biggrin.gif.

I was never a good fighter anywayz but like to kick/punch was really fun at that time. tongue.gif
Now i prefer snowboarding hehe.

Yes, it's as you say, our lessons have four parts:

1. warmup, really exhausting excercise.
2. stretching
3. combat technics (defense, attack, combos)
4. another set of hard excercises, usually with sparring partner, box bags and then stretching again.

After that, I can't even raise my arms, but after two weeks, I could really feel improvements smile.gif

+
# 648Pfizerhard Oct 6 2009, 23:56 PM
That's awesome guys...keep the pictures coming. bAgr, from a skinny guy, i can tell you. The workout you described will give you some tone, but it will not build any muscle for you. If you want to get some good form, you need to do what I've started doing recently and it works very well. It's old news, but it works.

Lift the heaviest weight you can find 1-3 times. Wait 2 minutes. Add weight and do it again. Wait 2 minutes and do it again. Now change the type of lifting you're doing. You can do this in about fifteen minutes a day and I guarantee that after a week, you will have larger muscles.

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 649.bAgr Oct 7 2009, 09:17 AM
QUOTE(Pfizerhard @ Oct 7 2009, 01:56 AM) *

That's awesome guys...keep the pictures coming. bAgr, from a skinny guy, i can tell you. The workout you described will give you some tone, but it will not build any muscle for you. If you want to get some good form, you need to do what I've started doing recently and it works very well. It's old news, but it works.

Lift the heaviest weight you can find 1-3 times. Wait 2 minutes. Add weight and do it again. Wait 2 minutes and do it again. Now change the type of lifting you're doing. You can do this in about fifteen minutes a day and I guarantee that after a week, you will have larger muscles.

Hey Pfiz,
you are right. My plan was to start with weight lifting during the upcoming winter, but I realized my upper part is really weak (and I mean really really weak, seems like during the last 16 months I was not losing only fat but also body muscles, apart from legs ofcourse - bike) and now I have quite big problems with push-ups, pull-ups and so on, even tho it should be "45 KG's easier"... So the plan for now is to strengthen the body at least a bit before I start with gym again.

Losing all the fat was the harder part, building some muscles will be easier (and more fun) imo smile.gif

+
# 650Pfizerhard Oct 7 2009, 12:34 PM
QUOTE(.bAgr @ Oct 7 2009, 05:17 AM) *

Hey Pfiz,
you are right. My plan was to start with weight lifting during the upcoming winter, but I realized my upper part is really weak (and I mean really really weak, seems like during the last 16 months I was not losing only fat but also body muscles, apart from legs ofcourse - bike) and now I have quite big problems with push-ups, pull-ups and so on, even tho it should be "45 KG's easier"... So the plan for now is to strengthen the body at least a bit before I start with gym again.

Losing all the fat was the harder part, building some muscles will be easier (and more fun) imo smile.gif

I'm sure you'll be a body building machine in no time!!

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 651WISE Architect Oct 10 2009, 01:42 AM
b4gr aka Transformer biggrin.gif

+
# 652.bAgr Oct 10 2009, 17:54 PM
You are kidding me, but give me another 16 months and you will see! smile.gif

+
# 653kamahsutra Apr 2 2010, 15:36 PM
Haven't been around here for ages. Good to see you guys are still around, and hope you're all doing well!!! Just a friendly greeting from a member of the past happy.gif

Wife does not let me play videogames anymore... wacko.gif
But my brain is craving for excercise now!!!
Maybe I'll see you guys online again!

Here's some pics of from our weddings...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 654WISE Architect Apr 4 2010, 21:04 PM
Very nice pics Kama!!!

And my sincere congratz for the weeding.

Hope your wife understands that a man like things that sometimes a woman doesnt like but that doesnt mean she can cut your legs. tongue.gif

cheers

+
# 655.bAgr Apr 13 2010, 07:52 AM
Very nice, congrats and good luck! smile.gif

+
# 656Singer May 27 2010, 15:18 PM
Congrats Karma!!! Hope your life is Blessed with happiness and fortune!!

Look forward to see you soon smile.gif

+
# 657[WISE]Seek Jun 30 2018, 11:04 AM
Really cool wedding pics Kama... I'm only eight years late! Maybe we change our tag line to 'Alzheimer's comes with Age!' 😂

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)