Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

Great Gameplay

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1riafomh Oct 30 2010, 03:19 AM
Hi everyone.

Whether you want to pump up how great you and your mates coordinate, or describe in awe how the other team owned you, this is the place to do it.

Remember though that this is a STRATEGY forum, so in particular stories that showcase how a particular group worked together, adapted to situations, etc., are most relevant.

It can be as simple as the one I'll report here first:

I've played many games of BC2, seen the helicopters in action, of course, with various degrees of success. But this one time, a group totally DOMINATED with the Blackhawks, using them THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO. It was Isla Inocentes of course, and I came in late, so I have no idea how the attackers managed to get both Blackhawks in the air (without being sniped or mortared at their base getting into them... )

The pilots actually flew the Blackhawks SLOWLY, yet they weren't taken out by RPG's or mounted MGs, because their miniguns kept such terrifying suppressing fire on all such threats. Both choppers were fully loaded, with 2 Engineers in the back (for repairing, of course).

The big surprise? You'd expect low insertion flights or even just guys parachuting off the sides to go after the objectives from the ground, but noooo.....

These guys just sort of floated about, covering all angles, and what did the Engineers in the back do? They fired their rockets from the helicopters, and slowly pounded the M-Comm stations into dust.

Never saw the helicopters used like that before...

I felt like I was in some kind of Ridley Scott movie...

+
# 2CrushNZ Oct 30 2010, 04:19 AM
Hi there riafomh. That is a pretty intense strategy. Kind of hard to start because it would be so bloody hard to get that many team mates together and I think it would be easier to jump out, arm and then just suicide back to the chopper.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 3PerfectDeath Oct 30 2010, 21:40 PM
I have not seen many on Isla Ino fire rockets from the blackhawks; however, with a good miniguner the blackhawks can do some terrifying damage. The key word being "good minigunner".

I've heard squad mates ask me how I manage to get so many kills with the minigun. It takes practice but a combination of zooming and burst firing works well.

Lastly miniguns are devastating against buildings, you can obliterate the defender's cover in no time.

Game: Novus Aeterno

+
# 4Ender_Graff Oct 31 2010, 00:42 AM
Yeah anytime I'm piloting I direct my gunners to destroy all the defenders cover on the first few fly-by's. This can be devastating on maps like Valparaiso that have little solid cover to begin with. After that, they are easy pray wink.gif
When I fly Blackhawks, I do it in third person to keep an eye on what my gunners can and cannot see. This also allows me to fly by targets that they call out that I may have otherwise been unable to see.

On Isla Innocentes' second set of mcoms, I just fly very fast around the one inside the house until my gunners saw it down. Pretty epic really biggrin.gif

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 5PerfectDeath Oct 31 2010, 06:31 AM
yea, blackhawks on the 2nd section of isla ino is pretty nasty on A, that MCOM is always a lost cause. If you are lucky you can delay the inevitable.
Either the blackhawks are smart enough to saw it down or the Bradley gets it.

+
# 6riafomh Nov 1 2010, 05:15 AM
QUOTE(Crush @ Oct 30 2010, 04:19 AM) *

Hi there riafomh. That is a pretty intense strategy. Kind of hard to start because it would be so bloody hard to get that many team mates together and I think it would be easier to jump out, arm and then just suicide back to the chopper.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I've certainly managed to organize some wicked maneuvers and strategies with squad mates on mics - even get lucky sometimes when another good squad is able to intuitively work well with yours - but so far in my experience nothing like that.

But no kidding, these guys did this. I was stunned at how well they pulled it off - fairly certain they must have practiced this beforehand.

I always thought it would be cool if each squad could have a commander, and that the commanders could also talk to each other separately. The 'commander' position could be rotated amongst the members of the squad, or something.

+
# 7CrushNZ Nov 1 2010, 06:00 AM
I was talking to a RL friend of mine, he got this game called Arma 2. Heard of it?

He said he played it and spent an entire game being advised where to go by a guy in a UAV. I thought it was really cool. Maybe we should learn to use the UAV like that..

+
# 8PerfectDeath Nov 1 2010, 06:34 AM
yea, cause in Arma 2 you die really quickly from guys a very far distance away.

+
# 9M26 Nov 2 2010, 06:39 AM
QUOTE(Crush @ Nov 1 2010, 02:00 AM) *

I was talking to a RL friend of mine, he got this game called Arma 2. Heard of it?

He said he played it and spent an entire game being advised where to go by a guy in a UAV. I thought it was really cool. Maybe we should learn to use the UAV like that..

Good commanders in the PC battlefield games would do that. They have a birdseye view of everything to better direct everyone, if they listen that is. The PC Battlefields are great when your working as a close knit squad. I'd just hop in with random people and the team leader would actually be issuing commands, in game and verbal. Squad on me, hold spawn, deploying spawn point, defend here, and you'd get extra points for following those orders. They gave us all sorts of squad bonus points for friendly actions in BC2, but I hope later they do the whole command structure thing again when consoles (and their code) can support enough people to warrant so. BF3 will no doubt have it all.

This post has been edited by M26: Nov 2 2010, 06:44 AM

+
# 10Ender_Graff Nov 2 2010, 19:30 PM
QUOTE(M26 @ Nov 2 2010, 02:39 AM) *

Good commanders in the PC battlefield games would do that. They have a birdseye view of everything to better direct everyone, if they listen that is. The PC Battlefields are great when your working as a close knit squad. I'd just hop in with random people and the team leader would actually be issuing commands, in game and verbal. Squad on me, hold spawn, deploying spawn point, defend here, and you'd get extra points for following those orders. They gave us all sorts of squad bonus points for friendly actions in BC2, but I hope later they do the whole command structure thing again when consoles (and their code) can support enough people to warrant so. BF3 will no doubt have it all.

Me and my friend wished for this exact thing the other day while playing. I hope they come out with it!

+
# 11riafomh Nov 3 2010, 00:12 AM
Even something simple like a separate channel that 'squad commanders' (see above post) could talk to each other on, would be cool, and revolutionize the game, big time.

+
# 12CrushNZ Nov 3 2010, 06:20 AM
The channel would rock.

Squad/Team/Captains.

+
# 13PerfectDeath Nov 3 2010, 15:02 PM
what would happen if you were on console with its "mic always on" shtick?
You'd hear your squad leader yapping to himself about how his retarded squad mates arn't following some 3rd parties orders.

+
# 14riafomh Nov 3 2010, 23:09 PM
QUOTE(PerfectDeath @ Nov 3 2010, 15:02 PM) *

what would happen if you were on console with its "mic always on" shtick?
You'd hear your squad leader yapping to himself about how his retarded squad mates arn't following some 3rd parties orders.

Now now now .... don't be negative...

+
# 15PerfectDeath Nov 4 2010, 00:13 AM
I forgot to put a "=P" after that to show I was being sarcastic.

+
# 16riafomh Nov 4 2010, 00:24 AM
QUOTE(PerfectDeath @ Nov 4 2010, 00:13 AM) *

I forgot to put a "=P" after that to show I was being sarcastic.

No worries, mate. (And no I'm not Australian... ) I feel your rants across these posts... it's all good.

+
# 17PerfectDeath Nov 4 2010, 02:28 AM
I'm not your guy, friend! ||=<

+
# 18riafomh Nov 4 2010, 04:30 AM
QUOTE(PerfectDeath @ Nov 4 2010, 02:28 AM) *

Clear.

+
# 19Walderschmidt Jan 4 2011, 17:49 PM
Me and a buddy were playing on White Pass rush early when that map version first came out. We were the attackers. He was a medic and was an assault with a g3 and 6 packs of C4. We sprinted to the top of the building, where I dropped C4 onto objective B from the window in the top. He covered my ass and revived me when I got shot. I reloaded my C4 and dropped more onto objective B and blew it up. We blew up that one objective about 3 minutes.

The rest of the game went well (we won) but that was the coolest part.

Wald

+
# 20AnthonyDraft Jan 7 2011, 23:45 PM
QUOTE(Crush @ Nov 1 2010, 06:00 AM) *

Oh yeah - once directed my friend to take the safest route to the M-COM station, so he can clear up the area and arm it. It was pretty nice to see that everything what I told him to do worked out pretty well.
And that is how UAV operator should communicate with his squad smile.gif

Game: Dawn of War 2

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)