71.43% (15)
Yes
28.57% (6)
No

Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1YoungWalke Dec 26 2010, 07:17 AM
ive wondered why lightweight was barely used in vanilla and is barely being used a bit more in vietnam
lightweight is a 1st spec slot that boosts your sprint speed by 10% (multiplies by 1.1)IPB Image
(^ sorry, dont know how to crop the image to what i want)
i cant feel that just 10% is enough
-it only applies when sprinting
-when sprinting you cant shoot, and you have to raise your gun before you can shoot
-doesnt help that much for short distances

so it just applies to sprint, which if you do too often then you probably die from the raising gun death a lot, or you dont spawn on teammates
i think that if it were a 10% boost to other things (or less than 10% for somethings, like reloading) such as dis/arming mcoms or capping flags then it would be much better for those who actually try to win the round
for those short distances such as building to building it probably wont help much, and so it really only works on large maps like heavy metal when you're on foot, which you should never be on that round
in the vanilla, most people would take optics or some extra ammo upgrade rather than choose lightweight
in vietnam, there are slightly more people choosing lightweight which doesnt help that much on the smaller maps with no hard cover to run to
even the assaults are choosing grenade upgrade rather than lightweight, to help the nade spam

tl;dr
lightweight needs slight buff
yes/no?

Game: Bad Company 2

+
# 2silvershield Dec 26 2010, 08:52 AM
1.25 would be nice. It would promote stealthy knifing and c4 mayhem.

Also, it would give tanks a harder time and people rushing MCOMS way easier.

This post has been edited by silvershield: Dec 26 2010, 08:54 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3CrushNZ Dec 26 2010, 09:20 AM
If they put reload boosts and Etc in I'll stop playing. A buff would be cool for light weight though.

I use it exclusively on Vietnam so far and a fair amount on Vanilla, its awesome.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 4Falls Dec 26 2010, 11:55 AM
The 10% boost is fine. I was right there with you for a long time, thinking it was totally useless, but when I started using the M14 (in vanilla bc2), and couldn't use optics, I started using lightweight and it actually makes a HUGE difference. Especially when your trying to rush up to plant C4 on a tank, arm an M-COM, or flank a wily sniper.

I honestly hope they don't buff the speed of it at all, but a 10% increase to reload speed I think would have been fine. Bit late for it now, but its all good. Just try it for a week, and then go back to not using it and see if you can tell a difference. smile.gif

+
# 5Moliat Dec 26 2010, 13:11 PM
Lightweight makes a world of difference. I run it all the time, you sprint faster to people you need to revive, you sprint around the flank faster, you sprint between cover faster, you get places before others do. I forced myself to get accustomed to using iron sights, so now I run lightweight with almost everything.

Edit: Buffing it would just make it like Marathon in MW2; lame and overpowered.

This post has been edited by Moliat: Dec 26 2010, 13:12 PM

+
# 6Illluminator Dec 28 2010, 15:30 PM
As the user of LW you would like a buff but when you start running faster (1.25x would make you faster than an apc) than the tanks you might reconsider the OP in it smile.gif

+
# 7YoungWalke Dec 28 2010, 17:04 PM
never really thought about the vehicle speed
but if you run with lightweight and someone alongside you runs w/o it then it still takes a bit of time before you have a decent advantage over them, so lightweight is more useful for those that are constantly in sprint

+
# 8Ender_Graff Dec 28 2010, 21:15 PM
I wish they could buff it a bit. I never really notice a big difference when I have it on unless I'm outrunning a team mate.

+
# 9YoungWalke Dec 29 2010, 20:59 PM
yes, i notice that as well
perhaps you can do objectives faster (cap flags, arm, defuse) by 10% would help a bit, and then change the name to adrenaline so that it makes since, and also as the picture is a syringe
it would also put emphasis in conquest that you get lightweight and run for the key flags as well as capture them faster

+
# 10Zm0r Dec 30 2010, 16:01 PM
I have to agree it needs a small buff post-13661-1143531603.gif
i use it on medic, close combat recon and sometimes on assault (more of a red-dot fan with abakan, but am trying to get used to M416, it has nice iron sight). It gives u a nice speed boost, but it ought to give you more (10% speed can't compare to 1.75 X ammo or 2 X explosives)

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 11dunk2k Jan 1 2011, 01:02 AM
I find the LW PACK a must for a tank busting (C4) specification for the Assault kit.

Buffed? hmm, would be nice, but its not really necessary, as its not an underpowered specialization.

+
# 12Falls Jan 1 2011, 01:29 AM
For me, its a perk that you don't notice much when you use it, but notice it more when you stop using it. I noticed it ALOT when I was able to use optics on my M14 and dropped lightweight. It makes a huge difference when your trying to run up and C4 a tank, but you really don't notice until you do it without it.

I think that the speed is fine, and faster capping/arming sounds cool, but honestly guys, I think BC2 is overall, a very, very balanced, and I don't really see a need to change anything.

+
# 13Ender_Graff Jan 1 2011, 03:19 AM
QUOTE(Falls @ Dec 31 2010, 21:29 PM) *

I think that the speed is fine, and faster capping/arming sounds cool, but honestly guys, I think BC2 is overall, a very, very balanced, and I don't really see a need to change anything.

+1 smile.gif

+
# 14Dan7 Jan 1 2011, 14:24 PM
The problem with the 10% buff is not that it's not that useful, but that it's uses are very specific. Most of them don't involve shooting since one cannot shoot while sprinting. But hitting a guy with lightweight while on the move is significantly harder. Like other guys said, C4 planing, flanking, and evading sniper fire are great uses.

If a buff must be placed on the lightweight it should be delicate. It shouldn't swing the scale in the opposite direction where everyone starts using only lightweight. I believe that faster reloads would make too much of a difference. Maybe a 12,5% or a 15% boost (instead of 10), or a 5% capping boost (in the fashion of TF2's Scout) will make the Lightweight perk more desirable over other perks.

+
# 15Dan7 Jan 1 2011, 14:26 PM
Oh, and YoungWalke, you can crop the image with Windows Vista/7 Image Viewer. Or if all else fails use MS paint, dude smile.gif

+
# 16YoungWalke Jan 1 2011, 19:29 PM
QUOTE(Dan7 @ Jan 1 2011, 14:26 PM) *

Oh, and YoungWalke, you can crop the image with Windows Vista/7 Image Viewer. Or if all else fails use MS paint, dude smile.gif

yeah thanks for that

but lightweight is mainly meant for large maps like heavy metal when you dont have a vehicle
so maybe make it a 15% boost or something
you definately dont want to OP it

+
# 17Zm0r Jan 3 2011, 08:03 AM
15% boost sounds good to me smile.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 18SilentMaelstrom Jan 3 2011, 17:25 PM
I always thought it was also adding 10% to the walking speed as well, gotta check this.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 19Dan7 Jan 3 2011, 17:45 PM
It's just sprinting speed.

+
# 20ZoneScooper Aug 15 2011, 14:25 PM
Its a nice upgrade, I use it all the time, because i personally always go for shotgun reckon almost always, so I use it pretty much often, once you learn to use weapons without 4x or red dot, this will be your no.1 choice, trust me

You can tell the difference... I was running to the chopper one day, and the other guy was ahead like 2-3 meters.. in the end, i came to the chopper first banana.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)