Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

AUG vs AN-94

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1groph Jan 16 2011, 05:25 AM
So I spent a few hours today grinding up a few more unlocks and got the AUG and the AN-94 for the Assault class. I watched Voodoo's video guide and tried to implement what he said, for example, getting yourself in an elevated firing position (really does help since it opens up your field of fire and kind of negates enemy cover) and getting to objectives quickly and causing as much mayhem as possible for as long a time as possible. That worked fairly well, but I have a bit of a disagreement regarding the AUG, which is the gun he swears by with Assault.

Voodoo said that rate of fire and accuracy didn't really matter much, only the damage. The AUG has some of the highest damage out of all the assault rifles and it is pretty beastly in close quarters but I've been finding it tough to score good long range kills without emptying the entire magazine on one person. I am tap firing bursts of no more than 3 bullets at a time and I'm using the 4x scope. I've gotten kills with it, but like I said, I was burning through ammo like crazy. The AUG seems to have some nasty recoil which makes long range shooting difficult.

The AN-94, on the other hand, is friggin beautiful. It's steady and is pretty good at all ranges so long as you're careful in close quarters. I also use the 4x scope with the AN-94. It's nowhere near as good as the AUG is in super close quarters but I've been growing very attached to the shotgun attachment for that anyway. The shotgun attachment seems to be a nice "insurance" on a gun that is mostly for long range as there are times when you just get jumped out of nowhere and having a one hitter on you is nice.

So it seems obvious that the AN-94 is better for me, but is there anything I'm missing with the AUG? Any tricks to using it for long range? The other guides here place the AUG in between the XM8 and F2000, making it ideal for short to medium range encounters. It just seems to spray all over the place. I like the AUG, I think it looks really cool and it does indeed do some nice damage. It definitely seems to be better suited to the assault role than the AN-94 is, but whatever gets me reliable kills is what I'll use in the end.

+
# 2Zm0r Jan 16 2011, 07:55 AM
I played AN94 a lot, and i've used AUG some. AN94 is awesome imho, but it's only good for long range. AUG is made for mid range and close quarter, but i had no problem hitting long range targets. Dunno how you shoot though. I find my self hitting around 33% of bullets at long range with F2000, but it doesn't have enough dmg to drop the enemy fast, so i need like 6-7 solid hits, which means more than half a clip, but with AUG i dropped them with like 1/3 to 1/2 of the clip.
It's all in the way you use your rifle, for example i can't hit anything with M16 and AN94 any more post-13661-1143531603.gif

This post has been edited by Zm0r: Jan 16 2011, 14:51 PM

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3RaGe` Jan 16 2011, 10:47 AM
knife.

'nuff said

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4dizzy Jan 16 2011, 12:54 PM
You're comparing a sledgehammer and scalpel. Personally, I prefer the AUG, if only because if I want to play long range I grab a ghillie suit and an SVU. I adore the AUG however. Just equip a smoke launcher and shoot the house you're about to clear, lob a grenade in their and then clear the place.

If you have to do mid range shooting with the AUG then you're best off firing in very short bursts whilst using cover to move forward. However, if I see someone at range with the AUG I usually save ammo and move up towards them before attacking.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 5Zm0r Jan 16 2011, 14:06 PM
I just checked, i have 11.3% accuracy with AUG and 15.5% with AN94. But i don't have a gold yet with AUG so...
Maybe i was hitting low HP enemies with AUG, but i always killed them w/ half a clip or less... Played it for an hour now and still have same results post-13661-1143531603.gif Maybe we just shoot differently, but as dzzy said - AUG is awesome at close range

+
# 6groph Jan 16 2011, 18:40 PM
QUOTE(dizzy @ Jan 16 2011, 12:54 PM) *

You're comparing a sledgehammer and scalpel. Personally, I prefer the AUG, if only because if I want to play long range I grab a ghillie suit and an SVU. I adore the AUG however. Just equip a smoke launcher and shoot the house you're about to clear, lob a grenade in their and then clear the place.

If you have to do mid range shooting with the AUG then you're best off firing in very short bursts whilst using cover to move forward. However, if I see someone at range with the AUG I usually save ammo and move up towards them before attacking.

Yeah, I am. I think it's ultimately going to come down to play style. I prefer longer ranged kills but I generally find myself in close quarters a fair amount either due to situational unawareness or by playing on Oasis which is such an awesome map so I'd like a gun that can kind of do it all but be best at long range. Hence the AN-94 with the shotgun attachment, but that only gets me by in a one on one CQB encounter and the odd two on one if the other guys are caught by surprise and I have awesome cover. Basically what I'm saying is that I'd rather use a gun like the AUG which is more versatile and has that deadly close quarters capability when you need it. I guess I should try closing in a bit more when using it.

QUOTE(Zm0r @ Jan 16 2011, 14:06 PM) *

I just checked, i have 11.3% accuracy with AUG and 15.5% with AN94. But i don't have a gold yet with AUG so...
Maybe i was hitting low HP enemies with AUG, but i always killed them w/ half a clip or less... Played it for an hour now and still have same results post-13661-1143531603.gif Maybe we just shoot differently, but as dzzy said - AUG is awesome at close range

Yeah. I guess I need to really watch my tap firing and make sure I'm on target whenever I pull the trigger, IE make sure I take the time to line a shot up. I'll probably use the accuracy upgrade as well since I've just unlocked that one. It sounds like the AUG is well suited to being very aggressive where the AN-94 might even be better suited to a defensive-ish role, like holding down B on Heavy Metal Conquest, trying to keep it clear of engineers, which is what I've been doing on that map lately.

+
# 7Zm0r Jan 16 2011, 18:47 PM
If u want an all-round weapon go for M416 smile.gif
That's my fav assault weapon. F2000 is my second fav because you can hold down LMB while firing at ''midish'' range and it won't spray a lot.
Basically AUG with accuracy upgrade is inferior to M416 in every way (especially M416 with magnum) since they have same shot per minute and M416 has better dmg at distance... Maybe you haven't unlocked it yet, but when you do try it, it's an awesome gun smile.gif
Oh, and try F2000 with red dot + magnum, i had some fun with it, even got me a few combat excellence pins

+
# 8RaGe` Jan 16 2011, 19:03 PM
even got me a few combat excellence pins

awe-some!

use the AUG
it used to be my fav assault weapon, back when I owned playing assault.
after unlocking the saiga theres no need for the assault class any more, cuz you will get your 10+ kills streak with any class

+
# 9Zm0r Jan 16 2011, 19:15 PM
So u the shotgun man Rage? tongue.gif
I hate you shotgun people, and i like killing you 3:)
Groph, if you wanna be manly, don't play shotguns

This post has been edited by Zm0r: Jan 16 2011, 19:16 PM

+
# 10groph Jan 16 2011, 22:37 PM
I'm not a huge fan of shotguns, at least not in this game.

Yeah, I recently unlocked the M416 and I even retract what I said about the F2000 sucking in another thread. So far I like the M416 but I've only gotten a couple of kills with it. The AN-94 is seeming like a nice gun but I can't wait to get the M16A1 and try out some three burst action. I only have a couple thousand more points to go anyway. Then I need to pick a gun and stick with it. The AUG is still beastly at close range, though. I am not afraid of Engineers when I have one.

+
# 11Zm0r Jan 17 2011, 07:16 AM
Imma start a petition against shotguns biggrin.gif
You don't have to pick a weapon to stick with. I haven't smile.gif I get tired of using a single weapon, you get used to it so much that it's no fun any more post-13661-1143531603.gif
AN-94 is also a burst fire weapon like M16A1 O.o

+
# 12dizzy Jan 17 2011, 11:23 AM
QUOTE(groph @ Jan 16 2011, 23:37 PM) *

I'm not a huge fan of shotguns, at least not in this game.

Yeah, I recently unlocked the M416 and I even retract what I said about the F2000 sucking in another thread. So far I like the M416 but I've only gotten a couple of kills with it. The AN-94 is seeming like a nice gun but I can't wait to get the M16A1 and try out some three burst action. I only have a couple thousand more points to go anyway. Then I need to pick a gun and stick with it. The AUG is still beastly at close range, though. I am not afraid of Engineers when I have one.

I haven't been afraid of engineers since I discovered the wonder that is the grach. That pistol will shoot as fast as you can click, meaning that it's effectively a higher damage (hit for hit) sub-machine gun. Plus it's hilarious when an engineer jumps you as recon and you just pour 10 shots into his head. biggrin.gif

+
# 13RaGe` Jan 17 2011, 16:32 PM
haha m16 is shit
waiting for you being disappointed after finally unlocking it smile.gif

+
# 14Zm0r Jan 17 2011, 18:11 PM
True that. M16 is just bad. It's kinda accurate but it's just... weak wacko.gif
AN is better, saves bullets also as it fires 2 shots in stead of 3 tongue.gif

Now an honest friendly advice:
Don't listen to us smile.gif You can just ask about the facts like which weapon does more dmg, which weapon sprays more, etc... You will try all the rifles, you will love a rifle, we will tell you it sucks, you will try getting used to another one and you'll be miserable for not playing the rifle you love (same goes for women IRL. don't forget, rifle is your woman here, make sweet love to it).
Truth is, if you can kill with that weapon, it's good. End of story smile.gif (this doesn't go for recons tongue.gif )

This post has been edited by Zm0r: Jan 17 2011, 18:17 PM

+
# 15dizzy Jan 17 2011, 19:46 PM
QUOTE(Zm0r @ Jan 17 2011, 19:11 PM) *
You will try all the rifles, you will love a rifle, we will tell you it sucks, you will try getting used to another one and you'll be miserable for not playing the rifle you love (same goes for women IRL. don't forget, rifle is your woman here, make sweet love to it).

This is my rifle, there are many others like it but this one is mine. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

tongue.gif

+
# 16groph Jan 18 2011, 00:34 AM
QUOTE(Zm0r @ Jan 17 2011, 18:11 PM) *

True that. M16 is just bad. It's kinda accurate but it's just... weak wacko.gif
AN is better, saves bullets also as it fires 2 shots in stead of 3 tongue.gif

Now an honest friendly advice:
Don't listen to us smile.gif You can just ask about the facts like which weapon does more dmg, which weapon sprays more, etc... You will try all the rifles, you will love a rifle, we will tell you it sucks, you will try getting used to another one and you'll be miserable for not playing the rifle you love (same goes for women IRL. don't forget, rifle is your woman here, make sweet love to it).
Truth is, if you can kill with that weapon, it's good. End of story smile.gif (this doesn't go for recons tongue.gif )

True, and fair enough.

I just got the M16 unlocked and had a great time blasting away 2 Recons huddled together but those were the only 2 kills I managed to get. I'll have to take it on a better test run. So far I REALLY like the M416, definitely more than the AUG as it's still accurate enough at long range and it can hold its own in close range since it's rate of fire is pretty good. I'll probably stick with the M416 when I'm Assault. It's pretty much what I wanted out of an assault rifle from the start. The AN-94 is pretty fun too, but I like the controllable full auto better. I think my biggest criteria is good iron sights (although I like the red dot with any assault rifle) and manageable recoil. Same reason why I love the SCAR-L as the Engineer.

+
# 17Playermyth Jan 18 2011, 02:55 AM
QUOTE(Zm0r @ Jan 16 2011, 12:15 PM) *

So u the shotgun man Rage? tongue.gif
I hate you shotgun people, and i like killing you 3:)
Groph, if you wanna be manly, don't play shotguns

I hate the semi/auto shotguns in Saiga/USAS since they're rather lame and way too effective in close quarters, but don't hate on the pump action, even the nerfed slug ones still require some skill to operate. But buckshot pump shotties are hit and miss especially if your hitreg flakes out from server to server like me.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 18Zm0r Jan 18 2011, 07:02 AM
I don't smile.gif
Have u ever seen Schwarzenegger with a semi shotgun? Ofc not
That means pump action is manly! So i don't hate on it biggrin.gif i do when they kill me half across the map though -.-

+
# 19dizzy Jan 18 2011, 12:21 PM
QUOTE(Zm0r @ Jan 18 2011, 08:02 AM) *

I don't smile.gif
Have u ever seen Schwarzenegger with a semi shotgun? Ofc not
That means pump action is manly! So i don't hate on it biggrin.gif i do when they kill me half across the map though -.-

I do this a lot. 870 + slugs + sniping / people calling you a hacker for shooting them across the map with a shotgun = fun times.

+
# 20Zm0r Jan 18 2011, 16:34 PM
Ye, that slugs are just... imba xD
I shot a man i barely saw in the head - oneshot much? biggrin.gif
If i had a sniper woulda get +100 marksman at least

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)