Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

AI not working in Custom Maps!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1communic Jun 14 2010, 12:43 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I hope you guys can help me out!

For some time, me and my friend have been making maps and Versing the computer on them. On a few of our maps the AI doesn't work. They just sit in there base and spam the basic INF unit. Are we doing something wrong?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew.

+
# 2core_w Jun 14 2010, 15:20 PM
Hi,

when this happen to me, it usually means that
* the HQ building is too close to the map edge
* pathing/sector problems (clean up pathing, have clear sector borders, and no sector corners, where 4 sectors meet)
* and imho try to avoid AI markers on the map

It's usually the first in my experience.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3communic Jun 14 2010, 15:56 PM
Thanks for your input, I'll give it a try smile.gif

+
# 4communic Jun 14 2010, 17:15 PM
Didn't work! Bugger

+
# 5core_w Jun 15 2010, 05:37 AM
Upload the map, and I'll take a look when I have time ...

+
# 6communic Jun 15 2010, 08:50 AM
Just take in-mind we are not pro mappers, There is also a tank in there somewhere that couldn't be deleted so it's hidden under water xD

made by Great and Venerable Chukky

Thank you for your help!

This post has been edited by communic: Jun 15 2010, 09:03 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File coolside.rar
Size: 1.35mb
Number of downloads: 112

+
# 7Erkin Pelit Jun 15 2010, 10:21 AM
I never put things that i don't know to my maps, because of that. Sometimes there are two or three Bofors guns or some mg42 in map that can't be deleted... And if you make destroyed tank and then delete it it leaves model in there when the object is deleted.. always save your map and then test those things and if something undeletable stays in there close your map without saving.

+
# 8communic Jun 15 2010, 10:57 AM
Cheers for the heads up!

Fixed the AI, After lookin around this forum board. I found another thread with the same issue. This fixed the issue

"Also, some issues arise when you have a point too close to another object or when it is using more than the typical 9 squares on the grid. Turn on the impass overlay and see how many boxes your point is using. I try to keep mine restricted to 9 and you can do this by slightly moving its position"

Thank you everyone for your input smile.gif

+
# 9adamk570 Oct 26 2013, 22:42 PM
hey im having the same problem but non of these solutions are working can anyone find it and fix it? thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8a6ysm991m56qg3

+
# 10Lord-Mikel Sep 22 2016, 19:15 PM
Hey i have the same problem, what was your solution?

+
# 11Lord-Mikel Oct 16 2016, 05:09 AM
QUOTE(communic @ Jun 15 2010, 10:57 AM) *

Cheers for the heads up!

Fixed the AI, After lookin around this forum board. I found another thread with the same issue. This fixed the issue

"Also, some issues arise when you have a point too close to another object or when it is using more than the typical 9 squares on the grid. Turn on the impass overlay and see how many boxes your point is using. I try to keep mine restricted to 9 and you can do this by slightly moving its position"

Thank you everyone for your input smile.gif

How do i fix that? i have the same problem

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)