Explore GameReplays...

StarCraft 2

We're adults now

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21IDKwhoiam Aug 13 2016, 07:51 AM
Legit man, it sounds like you're doing alright. I know I haven't been around as much here but if you ever need to talk just feel free to post or send a pm or whatever. I'm kinda drunk right now but it's good that you sound like you're happy. Sorry that you're having issues with your falfminfly.

Clan: Teh Staff

Game: StarCraft

+
# 22Paradox^ Aug 30 2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks, and yea I haven't been here the last couple months. It'll be fine. We're not on speaking terms, but it will be fine. We've had trouble in the past, and I think we need time apart. I've definitely been happier because I feel like I can be myself without constantly being judged. Imo, it's super fucked up that that's even a problem, but whatever.

On to the good news. Check out my website. My projects not finished yet, but personally I think it kind of sucks and is outdated now. The foundation of how I started it doesn't really allow me to make it any cooler, so you're not missing much. You can see my pretty face though: www.aaronarkens.com

Game: Left 4 Dead

+
# 23IDKwhoiam Sep 4 2016, 05:36 AM
It is kinda fucked up, but it's good that you're able to find good ways to deal with it. You have to put yourself first.

Love the website, love the documentary (I think I watched part of this before? Maybe even the whole thing not sure, it's been a while), and really enjoyed the demo reel too, did you shoot all those time lapses while you were on the trip? Still sad that we didn't get to hang out while you were in Seattle.

+
# 24Paradox^ Sep 8 2016, 09:56 AM
QUOTE(IDKwhoiam @ Sep 4 2016, 01:36 AM) *

It is kinda fucked up, but it's good that you're able to find good ways to deal with it. You have to put yourself first.

Love the website, love the documentary (I think I watched part of this before? Maybe even the whole thing not sure, it's been a while), and really enjoyed the demo reel too, did you shoot all those time lapses while you were on the trip? Still sad that we didn't get to hang out while you were in Seattle.

It's been out a while, I know I put it on here at some point. I should've gotten a hold of you, I was caught up in the moment. I wound up staying at my roommate's place in Seattle. He didn't make the cut because he's a major doucher. Some day some time. Life's long.

The time lapse I actually shot almost two years ago when I first moved out here. It's kind of sad because it marked the beginning of a year and a half weed, anxiety and depression fueled slide where I was losing money fast, and not sure what to do after college. When I pulled myself together earlier this year, I feel like I was definitely more than a few IQ points lower, but I've been studying non-stop and I think I'm as sharp as ever now. It's weird how things change so fast.

Now I'm laying around in my apartment and tonight I've started learning web scraping for the first time thumb.gif I'm just happy knowing I'll make it out of this.

+
# 25IDKwhoiam Sep 20 2016, 04:52 AM
You can't really blame yourself too much for any of that, you were going through a lot of stuff (sounds like you still are a bit) and I can't even imagine how hard it would be to deal with.

Being happy is the most important and hard work always has a way of paying off in the end smile.gif

+
# 26Paradox^ Oct 12 2016, 11:12 AM
So I'm living in Hollywood now.

+
# 27IDKwhoiam Nov 2 2016, 07:03 AM
Whoa, how'd that happen all of a sudden? Sounds like a good place for you to be though.

+
# 28Paradox^ Nov 2 2016, 08:02 AM
QUOTE(IDKwhoiam @ Nov 2 2016, 03:03 AM) *

Whoa, how'd that happen all of a sudden? Sounds like a good place for you to be though.

I found an apartment off Craigslist and wound up moving in with 5 guys in a two bedroom apartment for $580 a month. I'm still working on my demo reel but I've been able to get to know the area pretty well. I'm just building until I'm at the point that I can start applying for jobs confidently. If I keep working on myself, good things will happen.

It's been fun though biggrin.gif

+
# 29IDKwhoiam Nov 8 2016, 00:30 AM
Nice, that's cool. I'm curious to see demo reel when it's done biggrin.gif

+
# 30Paradox^ Apr 9 2017, 14:31 PM
I forgot to mention, I'm a tour guide at Warner Brothers now smile.gif

+
# 31IDKwhoiam Apr 18 2017, 04:23 AM
Wrong thread. Here is the proper thread for things you've forgotten to mention: https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...1311&st=420

tongue.gif That's super cool though! How'd you end up doing that? What does it entail? How's the demo reel coming along or has that been put on hold during all the moving/job stuff?

+
# 32Paradox^ Apr 21 2017, 03:18 AM
The demo reel's been put on hold but I'm still studying. There was a project I was trying to create, and I put a good 200+ hours of work if I had to guess, but ultimately it was flawed from conception, and it wound up just being a sandbox to learn and make mistakes with. I'm going to keep on going, I'm not sure when I'll have something to show for my work, but it'll come at some point.

Warner Brothers has been great. I just typed up a good cover letter I guess and sent it at the right time. They liked me and here I am. I've been working on Ellen for the last three weeks. Pretty soon, they said I'll be a tour guide for the studio. Technically I'm a seasonal employee, but everything's been pointing toward continuing after the season. We'll see!

+
# 33IDKwhoiam Apr 27 2017, 03:47 AM
Nice! Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope they keep you on!

+
# 34DeadKennyIsDead Jun 1 2017, 00:58 AM
Always good to hear when people find a job they want/like.

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 35YKudzA Aug 22 2017, 21:50 PM
I love you guys smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 36IDKwhoiam Aug 24 2017, 06:07 AM
QUOTE(YKudzA @ Aug 22 2017, 14:50 PM) *

I love you guys smile.gif

wub.gif wub.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)