Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Day one in Review

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DJ_Chill Jun 6 2020, 11:07 AM
The eagerly anticipated release of the remasters is has come and gone, and approximately 16 hours in what have we learnt?

To find out, check out our feature here.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by DJ_Chill: Jun 6 2020, 11:11 AM

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2FUzziBabes Jun 6 2020, 11:27 AM
Great write up! banana.gif

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3Cloverfield Jun 6 2020, 14:24 PM
how can u see the full ladder? i can only see top200

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4DJ_Chill Jun 6 2020, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(Cloverfield @ Jun 6 2020, 14:24 PM) *

how can u see the full ladder? i can only see top200

I don't think that's possible at the moment, but would love it to be.

I've just been checking the top 40 or so atm.

+
# 5Squaggle Jun 6 2020, 15:18 PM
Great write up.

Playing yesterday was a shock to the system. It's incredible how much impact the small quality of life changes that you don't think much of have.
Just to name a few:
  • Rally points
  • Attack move
  • Being able to queue unit orders
  • Improved unit pathing

The amount of times it took me ages to finish a campaign mission because there was 1 enemy left hiding in a corner of the map behind a tree was quite comical. I really had a blast yesterday, though I'm not sure how much game time I'm going to put into the game, without the QoL things I listed above and some other things that feel off I found the game quite a chore to play if I'm honest.

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: None

+
# 6FUzziBabes Jun 6 2020, 16:17 PM
QUOTE(Squaggle @ Jun 6 2020, 16:18 PM) *

The amount of times it took me ages to finish a campaign mission because there was 1 enemy left hiding in a corner of the map behind a tree was quite comical. I really had a blast yesterday, though I'm not sure how much game time I'm going to put into the game, without the QoL things I listed above and some other things that feel off I found the game quite a chore to play if I'm honest.

Yeah I 100% agree, I really hope for a QOL patch pretty soon. Simple things that are taken for granted now are missing and its really going to hinder my enjoyment laugh.gif

Definitely going to play it a lot though smile.gif

+
# 7Leikeze Jun 6 2020, 16:22 PM
Well, with mod support, those things could be added into the game, but you'd think some would already be there.

I find the lack of rally points most troubling, followed by attack move, as scrolling and focusing on things are the thing I like to do the least.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 8Cloverfield Jun 6 2020, 17:05 PM
attack move has been left like the original on purpose, was said on reddit

+
# 9Squaggle Jun 6 2020, 17:29 PM
QUOTE(Cloverfield @ Jun 6 2020, 17:05 PM) *

I'm not complaining. I was merely expressing how it's a basic command we're used to having in future games that wasn't there in the original and that I was struggling to remember that it's not there. The amount of times I sent screens of units to their death because I instinctively pressed 'A' and left clicked was tragic to say the least.

+
# 10DJ_Chill Jun 6 2020, 18:01 PM
QUOTE(Squaggle @ Jun 6 2020, 17:29 PM) *

I'm not complaining. I was merely expressing how it's a basic command we're used to having in future games that wasn't there in the original and that I was struggling to remember that it's not there. The amount of times I sent screens of units to their death because I instinctively pressed 'A' and left clicked was tragic to say the least.

I agree with you here. I love the nostalgic way, but I played some of classic TD and RA1 pre remaster release and I really struggled to get to grips with the controls and hotkeys with how they differ from the more modern C&Cs. I love nostalgia and lore, but playability and enjoyment comes first in my book (although it's still playable how it is!)

+
# 11Aoenian Jun 6 2020, 23:12 PM
My day one in review:

I will keep playing the missions till I have finished them all on hardest. Beside that I don't think I will spend many hours on it. It's not a game I would play online when there are so many other and better games 2020.

The dev team have done a great job though. As a remaster, it's very nice. But it's nothing I will play when we have games like Generals/CNC3/Red Alert 3.

I hope it will sell good and I hope we get a new game from scratch soon. And that is the reason I bought this in the first place. To support the franchise.

This post has been edited by Aoenian: Jun 6 2020, 23:37 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 12RRcabal Jun 6 2020, 23:44 PM
Wow that' alot of people, 45,000+ on release day.

+
# 13FUzziBabes Jun 7 2020, 00:20 AM
QUOTE(Aoenian @ Jun 7 2020, 00:12 AM) *

I hope it will sell good and I hope we get a new game from scratch soon. And that is the reason I bought this in the first place. To support the franchise.

I was chatting to a friend of mine earlier and that was essentially my thoughts. Definitely going to enjoy playing through the campaign of these games and will mess about online. I just hope that they decide to revive the franchise and do a new game smile.gif

+
# 14Squaggle Jun 7 2020, 00:41 AM
What do you mean revive the franchise? They only released C&C Rivals 18 months ago...

Don't hurt me laugh.gif

+
# 15Greasy Jun 7 2020, 04:31 AM
QUOTE(Cloverfield @ Jun 6 2020, 09:05 AM) *

lol

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 16Olli Jun 7 2020, 05:32 AM
QUOTE(Aoenian @ Jun 7 2020, 00:12 AM) *

My day one in review:

I will keep playing the missions till I have finished them all on hardest. Beside that I don't think I will spend many hours on it. It's not a game I would play online when there are so many other and better games 2020.

The dev team have done a great job though. As a remaster, it's very nice. But it's nothing I will play when we have games like Generals/CNC3/Red Alert 3.

+1
my humble opinion: I agree with that!

+
# 17Specovik Jun 7 2020, 07:16 AM
QUOTE(Aoenian @ Jun 7 2020, 02:12 AM) *

My day one in review:

hey, these are my words smile.gif except that i will play online time to time)

Clan: WbG

+
# 18Rising` Jun 7 2020, 12:42 PM
NOD OP!!!

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 19FUzziBabes Jun 7 2020, 13:03 PM
QUOTE(Kelevra @ Jun 7 2020, 13:42 PM) *

NOD OP!!!

Is that the general consensus? In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing I don't think GDI can really fight it because NOD units are so fast

+
# 20RRcabal Jun 7 2020, 19:40 PM
QUOTE(FUzziBabes @ Jun 7 2020, 06:03 AM) *

Is that the general consensus? In the hands of someone who knows what they're doing I don't think GDI can really fight it because NOD units are so fast

You also got to remember that Nod units are from an airfield, and that takes a few seconds longer to deploy a Nod unit, than a GDI weapons Factory which is instant.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)