Explore GameReplays...

StarCraft 2

Campaign Story? *Warning: May Contain Spoilers*

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Tuberculosis Jul 29 2010, 05:57 AM
Does anyone else feel a little cheated about how the Campaign played out? Considering where SC:BW left off, I do. The SC2 Campaign Ending was the most disappointing thing in the entire game...

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Elegy Jul 29 2010, 06:00 AM
hmm there are a lot of interesting plot developments...

Spoiler
prophecy of Kerrigan stopping the end of the universe and shit, does the fact that she is now human mean she's lost her strength/ability to defeat the hybrids, etc. Who/what takes control of the Zerg, do Kerrigan's (presumably) still mighty psionic powers still enable her to control them but make them not want to annihilate everything, Zeratul being wounded and whether that will play out...

oh and most importantly

Spoiler
Will Kerrigan lose the tentacle hair after a bit? She's wicked hot, but the tentacle hair is a turn off for me, even though I don't mind some weird shit

Clan: EPIC

Game: None

+
# 3Coldplay- Jul 29 2010, 06:32 AM
Well... The next Starcraft campaign will be about Zerg so maybe a new leader will be found or something.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 4HeavyArmZ Jul 29 2010, 10:44 AM
The campaign was a little bit too full of "movie cliches" for my taste, in terms of phrases I mean. The dialogue seemed a lot more mature and independent back in SC 1/Brood Wars. The storytelling is obviously much better with the cinematics and the ability to talk to characters between mission, but SC1/BW had more interesting plot twists.

=] when I saw the Ghosts of the Past video on youtube, I said that "what Jim Raynor wanted" that Valerian could give is Kerrigan back. Sooo predictable (a lot unlike SC 1/BW). I'm still somewhat happy that she's back and we might have a happy ending =D

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 5ThePhilospher Jul 29 2010, 11:48 AM
All seems too easy to me, I was keep expecting either Valerian or Tosh to backstab me(Raynor) at some point. I knew Tychus was a mole but I thought there be more. The next Campaign I thought was suppose to be Protoss though.

As far as the Zerg, I think either the effect of the artifact is not permeant, or Kerrigan will want to become zerg again just to pervent the Hybrid from controlling the zerg.Ot

This post has been edited by ThePhilospher: Jul 29 2010, 11:53 AM

+
# 6EvilMonkey9669 Jul 30 2010, 05:59 AM
The question I have is what happen to Duran, i did every mission even the secret mission and he was not even mentioned i was hoping to see if he had anything to do with the hybrids coming into battle and also why the dominion was researching hybrids.

+
# 7Cypher1 Jul 31 2010, 22:00 PM
well, i suspected the ending long before it happened.
im just curious as to how the exp will play as i was under the illusion it was straight after the events of SC2 - forget it, ill just quote my source.

The campaign is focused on Infested Kerrigan[8] and the development of a zerg empire.[9] The campaign operates similarly to an RPG, in which Kerrigan is focused on increasing her personal power through mutations. Zerg armies protect her as she garners this power.[10] The greater her power, the more zerg she's able to control.[11] Like Wings of Liberty, the player will be presented with choices as to which missions to carry out and which units to get, but such choices won't be based on cash.[12] Both the missions and their objectives are intended to be quite different from the ones featured in Wings of Liberty.[13]

+
# 8Slave_one Aug 24 2010, 15:31 PM
Evil monkey - that guy from MOEBIUS <white hair>...
His surname is NARUD...

+
# 9EvilMonkey9669 Aug 28 2010, 17:47 PM
QUOTE(Slave_one @ Aug 24 2010, 10:31 AM) *

Evil monkey - that guy from MOEBIUS <white hair>...
His surname is NARUD...

My mind is now blown.....

+
# 10ackmondual May 29 2012, 04:52 AM
QUOTE(Tuberculosis @ Jul 29 2010, 00:57 AM) *

Does anyone else feel a little cheated about how the Campaign played out? Considering where SC:BW left off, I do. The SC2 Campaign Ending was the most disappointing thing in the entire game...
I thought it was fine. IMO, the ending of SC BS was more of a cliffhanger than sc2 WoL. Can you elaborate what you didn't like about the sc2 WoL ending?

QUOTE(EvilMonkey9669 @ Jul 30 2010, 00:59 AM) *

The question I have is what happen to Duran, i did every mission even the secret mission and he was not even mentioned i was hoping to see if he had anything to do with the hybrids coming into battle and also why the dominion was researching hybrids.
As I was afraid, we'll probably have to wait till the LotV exp. I suspect since the player first made contact with him as Zeratul, he'll probably run into him again, although I wouldn't mind if he showed up sooner in HotS. Well, after the Protoss campaign, that's it. Don't tell me they're saving him for some Starcraft 3 game. My wild guess is Duran 's a stooge of the "hybrid overlords".

QUOTE(Cypher1 @ Jul 31 2010, 17:00 PM) *

well, i suspected the ending long before it happened.
im just curious as to how the exp will play as i was under the illusion it was straight after the events of SC2 - forget it, ill just quote my source.

The campaign is focused on Infested Kerrigan[8] and the development of a zerg empire.[9] The campaign operates similarly to an RPG, in which Kerrigan is focused on increasing her personal power through mutations. Zerg armies protect her as she garners this power.[10] The greater her power, the more zerg she's able to control.[11] Like Wings of Liberty, the player will be presented with choices as to which missions to carry out and which units to get, but such choices won't be based on cash.[12] Both the missions and their objectives are intended to be quite different from the ones featured in Wings of Liberty.[13]

Amusing thing is... I got into sc2 semi-recently, but I still remember word long ago from Blizz saying HotS will have all the same units, but an extra Zerg campaign, shinier creep + more realistic creep, and perhaps some additional Bnet features.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)