Explore GameReplays...

StarCraft 2

SCII Ending of campaign topic. SPOILERS

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Merc Scout Jul 30 2010, 07:01 AM
wtf. I finished the game in like 1.5 days and ofc I loved it. But the ending was kinda unconclusive.

Soooo what hapens to kerrigan. ESP. the hair... how will it change back XD I WANNA KNOW

Where does Jim go? Is he a free man now? and Did the .. Va... w/e his name was. Will he overthrough Megnst.

UNCONCLUSIVE ENDING AND A HALF.

SCI had a very nice post game sequance of clips. 1 Showing the destruction of Aiur. Another showing the zerg are contained and another showing what all the characters began doing.

All in all... I didn't like the ending because it was unconclusive.

(does this have anything to do with the fact I skipped the credits perhaps?)

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 2United_Strafes Jul 31 2010, 05:46 AM
Theres nothing after the credits. If you hit continue though it does have a little box saying Mengsk is still in power and Tycus is dead, and to be continued in Heart of the
Swarm. All in all pretty awsome campaign, have to go back to do it on hard for sure and get into the secret mission. Hope Kerrigan's nappy head is fixed by the expansion...

This post has been edited by United_Strafes: Jul 31 2010, 05:46 AM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Flopjack Jul 31 2010, 10:33 AM
I keep hearing about how inconclusive SC2 is. Of course it is. There are 3 parts. How can people not know this? This is what we call a cliff hanger, people.

+
# 4leoporbed Aug 1 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm just a little confused about what will happen in the next expansion because according to starcraft wiki :

''The campaign is focused on Infested Kerrigan and the development of a zerg empire. The campaign operates similarly to an RPG, in which Kerrigan is focused on increasing her personal power through mutations. Zerg armies protect her as she garners this power. The greater her power, the more zerg she's able to control. Like Wings of Liberty, the player will be presented with choices as to which missions to carry out and which units to get, but such choices won't be based on cash. Both the missions and their objectives are intended to be quite different from the ones featured in Wings of Liberty.''

Are they just plain wrong or did Blizzard really say that? Because if they did they just spoiled the whole community about what happens to her in the next episode. Any thoughts on this?

+
# 5Vesuvius Aug 1 2010, 16:18 PM
Well that is a wiki, I guess we'll find out in a year or so.

Was anyone else rather unimpressed with the final cinematic? I was hoping to see more zerg get disintegrated by the artifact in pre-rendered movie awesomeness and to see it hit and transform Kerrigan(I suppose they didn't do that since she was naked but they could at least show it starting to disintegrate her zerg parts). Instead they gave us some marines in a cave and a walking off into the sunset cliche. Oh well, at least Tychus died. I hated that guy.

+
# 6Flopjack Aug 1 2010, 21:02 PM
I was hoping we would see a few minutes of Terran holding off, activation of the artifact one final time, perhaps hitting Kerrigan and 'purging' her and THEN them walking in and finding her.

+
# 7Forerunner Aug 2 2010, 01:06 AM
QUOTE(Flopjack @ Aug 1 2010, 16:02 PM) *

I was hoping we would see a few minutes of Terran holding off, activation of the artifact one final time, perhaps hitting Kerrigan and 'purging' her and THEN them walking in and finding her.

Isn't that what happened? eyebrow.gif

Game: Dota 2

+
# 8Vesuvius Aug 2 2010, 01:53 AM
QUOTE(Heavens Rage @ Aug 1 2010, 18:06 PM) *

Isn't that what happened? eyebrow.gif

But not in pre-rendered awesomeness.

+
# 9Flopjack Aug 2 2010, 07:42 AM
Yeah, I wanted to pee the pants at the end, but I was quite easy to hold it in, which was very... underwhelming.

+
# 10Despotic Aug 3 2010, 13:11 PM
QUOTE(Flopjack @ Aug 1 2010, 14:02 PM) *

Read fucking her. Reread and lol'd.

Just finished that All In mission on brutal. Just sayin'. tongue.gif

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 11Flopjack Aug 4 2010, 07:34 AM
QUOTE(Despotic @ Aug 3 2010, 09:11 AM) *
Read fucking her. Reread and lol'd.
What?

+
# 12Despotic Aug 4 2010, 10:25 AM
QUOTE(Flopjack @ Aug 1 2010, 14:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Flopjack @ Aug 4 2010, 00:34 AM) *

What?

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 13Flopjack Aug 4 2010, 17:08 PM
I still don't get it. smile.gif

+
# 14ThePhilospher Aug 4 2010, 17:28 PM
After completing the secret mission:
Spoiler
If Mengsk is doing Hybrid research, then he is either influenced by some XelNaga(possiblity Duran) or mind controlled by them. Maybe Kerrigan in Infested form is too tough to kill, so they(Mengsk & Xel'Naga) wipe out most of the Zerg and return her to human form just to kill her for the Xel'Naga. Kinda explains the Tychus part. Plus, it wouldn't suprise me that Valerian Mengsk is in fact Duran given that Duran have told Zeratul that he have many names and many forms.

This post has been edited by ThePhilospher: Aug 4 2010, 17:30 PM

+
# 15gugi Aug 4 2010, 19:17 PM
I really hope at least half of the next game's campaign will deal with what happens with Kerrigan after she is turned back to terran - she might still have a connection with the zerg and probably have to fight with it or play a big role in the war against them since she knows the most about them.

If the campaign is all about zerg Kerrigan that would be boring since we already know that she is gonna turn back to normal so what would the ending be?

I'm also guessing that a lot of people including those in Raynor's crew will want her dead because of all the killing she did but Raynor will want to keep her alive for obvious reasons and this could possibly shed some light on their relationship so i'm hoping this will be the case.

This post has been edited by gugi: Aug 5 2010, 11:08 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 16Flopjack Aug 4 2010, 23:25 PM
Ryan? Raynor. laugh.gif

Dang, I didn't make that connection until now. Since the first expansion is Heath of the Swarm, we know for sure she goes back to being Zerg. Poor Jimmy.

+
# 17Sinister Grin Aug 6 2010, 19:36 PM
I think at the end of Wings of Liberty she still has control over the Swarm, that's what the hair is about. She is still partly Zerg, but she's been freed from the Swarm's instinct to infest-destroy-conquer everything in it's path. Perhaps that will be part of her character development in the next one, she has to fight off her Zerg instincts if the humans and protoss are gonna have a chance against the Xel'Naga.

+
# 18R Schneider Aug 6 2010, 20:00 PM
I certainly agree that a) the ending was underwhelming and ruined a bit the atmosphere that had been building up till then, and b) that the story is in a bit of a pickle now -- we need Kerrigan to stop the destructive Xel'Naga cycle, but did we need her in Zerg form? Oops, now we made her human. Hehe, I like the idea that her hair is like little antennae and still controls the swarm -- it's the kind of cod logic that would just suit this game.

(Why would the XN destroy everything, though? We're never told. Maybe destroying everything is just what they do... oh wait, the SC manual says that according to Protoss tradition, the Xel'Naga were a "peaceful and benevolent race [...] not native to this galaxy". Oh well, maybe that doesn't stop them from Destroying Everything, though.)

Or maybe the Zerg campaign will take place before or during the Terran campaign, not after. Oh well. It'll be fun to find out, I'm sure.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 19Ezio Auditore Aug 7 2010, 20:36 PM
Either way it will be EPIC biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Clan: SoldiersofLiberty

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)