Explore GameReplays...

Overwatch

Overwatch New PTR Patch

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FallenXE Jan 11 2017, 17:12 PM
As per Blizzard's official forums, a new patch has been made available on the Public Test Region for Overwatch and it contains changes related to Sombra, Roadhog and Ana.

The patch notes can be seen below:

We're about to push a new build to the PTR with some new changes:

Roadhog Hook
  • Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.

• Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.

• Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

Ana
  • Biotic Grenade duration reduced from 5s to 4s

Sombra
  • Hack cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.
Source: Blizzard

For information as to how to participate in the Public Test Region, do check out the official guide and walkthrough by Blizzard that can be located here! In addition to that, there is also an included frequently asked questions section in the aforementioned link.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2RRcabal Jan 11 2017, 17:25 PM
This Roadhog hooked needed to be fixed, and it finally has, now next patch they need to focus symmetra.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3Elven Jan 17 2017, 17:19 PM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Jan 11 2017, 19:25 PM) *

This Roadhog hooked needed to be fixed, and it finally has, now next patch they need to focus symmetra.

Symmetra really is maybe a tiny bit overpowered tongue.gif.

Game: Overwatch

+
# 4RRcabal Jan 19 2017, 00:31 AM
QUOTE(Elven @ Jan 17 2017, 09:19 AM) *

Symmetra really is maybe a tiny bit overpowered tongue.gif.

Yeah I know, but the Roadhog hook was more OP, than when Blizzard made Symmetra OP.

+
# 5Elven Jan 19 2017, 10:04 AM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Jan 19 2017, 02:31 AM) *

Yeah I know, but the Roadhog hook was more OP, than when Blizzard made Symmetra OP.

It doesn't have really counterplay true, once u get hooked. Best u can hope is that he sucks. But I think right now with 180 degree turns this hook can be a bit more op than before post-13661-1143531603.gif.

+
# 6RRcabal Jan 19 2017, 16:28 PM
QUOTE(Elven @ Jan 19 2017, 02:04 AM) *

It doesn't have really counterplay true, once u get hooked. Best u can hope is that he sucks. But I think right now with 180 degree turns this hook can be a bit more op than before post-13661-1143531603.gif.

When this patch comes out, the hook will make it so, when u hook someone and the hero goes behind a wall before the hook is complete, the hook will cancel, so as a road hog player I'm not happy about that, but at the same time, it needed to be fixed.

+
# 7Elven Jan 20 2017, 08:56 AM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Jan 19 2017, 18:28 PM) *

When this patch comes out, the hook will make it so, when u hook someone and the hero goes behind a wall before the hook is complete, the hook will cancel, so as a road hog player I'm not happy about that, but at the same time, it needed to be fixed.

You assume it was bug biggrin.gif. It wasn't a bug, it was intended. So, it won't be fixed but updated.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)