Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Early Garrisoned Sniper/MG Counters

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21DeadKennyIsDead May 31 2007, 12:30 PM
I believe it is the first unit into the building that is the first to be sniped, so your opponent probably put his snipers in before the MG or whatever was in there with them

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 22Yojimbo252 Jun 1 2007, 08:11 AM
QUOTE(DeadKennyIsDead @ May 31 2007, 13:30 PM) *

I believe it is the first unit into the building that is the first to be sniped, so your opponent probably put his snipers in before the MG or whatever was in there with them

i'm going to have to try Cydonia's suggestion because i too though this was the case up until a few weeks ago when i lost a sniper to counter sniping after placing my sniper in a building that was already garrisoned by mg.

QUOTE(andarooo @ May 29 2007, 16:24 PM) *

Any ideas how to get a sniper outside the builing when there is a garrisoned mg. I had problems witht hat beacuse my jeep would always get shot at by the mg and well... jeeps die with seemingly any mg fire.

one other thing i'll add to the other suggestions posted if you havent got a second unit to draw the mg fire or a sniper. when bringing in your jeep/bike try and approach the building from a 45 degree angle towards a building corner. as long as your jeep/bike crosses over the 45 degree line at least once it'll make the mg reposition from one side of the building to the other which will cost the mg a couple secs of valuable firing time.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 23Valdarez Jun 3 2007, 16:22 PM
QUOTE(sktPETRIdk @ May 30 2007, 06:15 AM) *

Same thing can be done with out building a sniper but getting a flame squad. The sniper is a lot to invest in which is why I use the flaming pioneer to solve garrisoned units. They drop like flies quick, and give your pioneers some actual offense on the field. Also, if you miss the timing of their sniper your expensive sniper will be shot first if in sight.
Yeah I agree on that. much cheaper. And flames are always handy against other garrisoned buildings or bunkers
That's definitely the cheaper way, but... it's not an early game counter. It will take some time to earn the ammo necessary to upgrade a pioneer/engineer with a flamethrower. This counter is primarly for early game where the flamethrower is not an option and the player has managed to gain a position you are unable to go around or avoid.

+
# 24Unkn0wn Jun 9 2007, 18:39 PM
It's always good to invest in a flamethrower squad, especially as allies as early as possible imho.
(Or as axis if allies are going WSC)

This post has been edited by Unkn0wn: Jun 9 2007, 18:40 PM

+
# 2553rdpanzergruppen Jul 14 2007, 03:30 AM
QUOTE(BoboDaHobo @ May 30 2007, 22:55 PM) *

When sniping units in buildings, I am pretty sure (95% happy.gif ) the first unit to enter the building is the first to get killed.... thus the only occasions you will actually hit the sniper first is if the guy was stupid enough to go in with the sniper first.

Superstitious BS. Who dies depends on who gets hit. The units are literally in the building. You can even zoom and watch them. Their behavior doesn't change depending on who entered first.

So it's ironic that you talk about someone being "stupid enough" given that you believe this.

+
# 26Thebuckshow Nov 3 2014, 04:51 AM
QUOTE(53rdpanzergruppen @ Jul 14 2007, 03:30 AM) *

Superstitious BS. Who dies depends on who gets hit. The units are literally in the building. You can even zoom and watch them. Their behavior doesn't change depending on who entered first.

So it's ironic that you talk about someone being "stupid enough" given that you believe this.

I know snipers prioritized enemy snipers before any other units, not sure about units in buildings but I bet if you have your sniper cloaked in LOS of the building and set to hold fire (D) and you toggle hold fire off your sniper would shoot the enemy sniper before the MG.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)