Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

T1-T4

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Eclipse0527 May 28 2015, 14:53 PM
Hi y'all,

I want to practice a bit with t1-t4. If some of you have a good 'guide' or replays, it would be awesome & could ofcourse help other people as well.

(Why doesn't this site have a search button or something, I'm almost sure somewhere there must be a topic like this)

What I mostly do now when T1-T4 is Pgren > pgren > t1 > scout car > scout car > t4 > Atht > depends on situation, but I'm sure there's a better way. I don't have any replays of me playing t1-t4 at the moment, little bit busy with study, but when I have I'll post em.

Thanks in purpose,

Eclipse.

This post has been edited by Eclipse0527: Jun 20 2015, 19:19 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2SunkenHues Jul 14 2015, 09:18 AM
Hello, Eclipse0527.

Well, sadly there aren't much written guides about PE T1-T4, as the PE T1 is very overlooked and the least understood I must say, as it really is THE most essential tier to PE, as without a solid strat based around it, PE literally has no chance to beat good American players, as flamers and rifle blob will kill PE off very early with Tank Depot sealing the deal, a.k.a the "bulletproof" strat by Aimstrong. But it's effectiveness is partly because PE T1 is basically overlooked and underestimated.

I really do not have replays to post, but I will tell my thoughts on this strat, might seem more like theory crafting, but bear with me lol. PE is not the faction designed to be offensive! The availability of so many fast moving vehicles may state otherwise but it's not. And because of the general consensus about PE being the offensive powerhouse of COH, it's T1 is basically untouched as far as it's usefulness are explored, except for few players I rarely see anyone going T1 early. Scout cars are underused, it's possible roles not well understood, and how sturdy they actually are. The 50 munis at the start can provide logistic upgrade on your 2 scout cars early, and you can start securing the high resource sectors and defend it with PGs as support units. It'll require better understanding of the maps to utilize the scout cars effectively. In a map like angoville, the centre cutoffs can be denied completely by placing the scout car in front of your base defenses, totally negating any harassment at all. Utilize Scout cars in groups, 3 at least, set them up fairly close to each others securing different sectors and fight along side them with PGs. Flamers get suppresed very easily by 3 SCs, while your PGs focus on rifles. And Scout car initially have more health than Armored car, more so when securing sector. It takes around 3 stickies, and 4 shots from hellcat to take out a locked scout car! Quite a lot for a 220 mp and 2 pop unit!

Use your munition HT to mine the areas so that US players would rather upgrade their engies with minesweeper rather than flamethrowers, further making your task easier. And for this to work, you'll need to use the vampire HT to provide early knowledge of any surprised attacks on your least unguarded area, as there will be one if you'll play defensively. Mortar HT's incendiary round when used with vampire can really wreak havoc on unsuspecting stationary infantry blob, in the fog of war! When playing defensively, don't bother much about the area US controls, as US will be hard pressed even with the higher pop cap to match your unit production speed until mid game, by the time you'll have good amount of units and resources to go toe to toe against US. T1 upgrades will better equip your infantry early, making them formidable, and will greatly reduce the chance of losing whole PG squad accidentally, AT nades are just superb early on to counter medic stations.

As for build order, much dependent on the map in this case as a proper understanding of the sector locations and choke points will greatly influence your unit production. Basic idea is to never fight alone with PGs, always with locked scout car alongside. As any good US player will try everything to negate any buffed up sectors, as that will surely be gg for US if they don't, because the only way they manage their poor manpower income early game is by denying resources to others, until supply yard is built and upgraded, so secure sectors and defend it to hell and early game nothing much can stop you from doing that, After securing the resources, rush for mortar HT, and a Armored car or ATHT. That may seem like requiring 2 more buildings early, so that's why securing resources is essential. These are just my ideas though. Good luck.

+
# 3c0mpl3x1ty Jul 17 2015, 19:42 PM
Here's a sloppy T1-T4

+
# 4Eclipse0527 Dec 28 2015, 00:29 AM
As we say in the Netherlands, 'better late than never', thanks for your replies! I quit playing a few months because of study but started over again, and I will use your replies to practise T1-T4, cuz i still didn't have the time to master it smile.gif.

This post has been edited by Eclipse0527: Dec 28 2015, 00:44 AM

+
# 5c0mpl3x1ty Dec 30 2015, 05:23 AM
It's not an easy strat, but that doesn't mean it's not viable. Best of luck!

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)