Explore GameReplays...

Act of Aggression

Is it just me or a lot of players go for Infantry capture now?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Spector111 Oct 26 2015, 11:42 AM
Since the "infantry" patch I have seen A LOT of infantry capture gameplay from my opponents. Both in 1vs1 ranked and in team games.

Just now a US player tried to airlift a capture team with 2 helicopters right on top of my HQ. The funny thing was that as a Chimera player and playing on the map with the double oil fields right next to the HQ I had the same idea just using the pumas.

Just as my capture team in a puma entered his base he had his 2 helicopters dropping marines on top of my HQ. He captured my, I capture his but I had a few pumas still getting filled with Felines next to the HQ so I managed to defend and recapture my HQ. He didn't.

I honestly dislike how the game jumped from helicopter spam to infantry spam. It seems like no matter how much developers try to balance the game players jump at the first chance to exploit some unit. After the patch I hoped to finally have nice battles with lot's of different units but again it comes down to spamming as I tasted in my first, second, third and so on match since the patch.

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 2-Netput Oct 26 2015, 12:38 PM
New balance brings new problems. Balance is fine tuning, so it is only natural a new OPed unit/strategy will pop up after large changes. This doesn't mean the current meta is the best though. It could easily change a few times after a large balance patch has been released.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3Araton Oct 28 2015, 09:30 AM
Cheap scouting could shutdown strategies like these. I wish there were more options on that front.

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 4Maru Oct 28 2015, 13:52 PM
I remember the capturing during the BETA lol it was an essential strategy and OP as fuck, I reckon this will be ironed out in due course.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 5OptiCal Oct 28 2015, 19:04 PM
Yeah, a simple turret or load of crushers stops fast caps from US generally.

+
# 6AdmiralZeech Oct 29 2015, 02:11 AM
Spector, I find it difficult to understand what criteria you use to separate what's an "exploit" versus, I dunno, "playing the game".

Infantry capture doesn't seem to be mandatory or unbeatable, or even hard to counter. Why would you call it an exploit?

You said you wanted " nice battles with lots of units ", but if you can't defeat the first strategy they try, why would they bother doing something else? If you beat their initial capture attempt, then they'll hopefully adapt and you'll get your fights. And if they don't adapt, then they suck and they lose just like if they failed to adapt to anything else?

This post has been edited by AdmiralZeech: Oct 29 2015, 02:15 AM

+
# 7FyreNL Oct 30 2015, 10:35 AM
QUOTE(Maru @ Oct 28 2015, 15:52 PM) *

I remember the capturing during the BETA lol it was an essential strategy and OP as fuck, I reckon this will be ironed out in due course.

Yep, things aren't nearly half as bad as they were back then. That was absolutely terrible. sad.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)