Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

what to do against a goblin rush?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1rohirim charge Aug 16 2010, 22:10 PM
Hi guys! im one of the few people in this forum who plays on x box live still, i been able to incorporate some of your strategies to my games on x box live , i know that the patch im playing on is the 1.4 if im correct but im posting here since it seems like im the only one on the 360 forum ( but im trying to bring it back to life), i just want to hear some opinions or strategies on what to do against an early goblin rush on the 1.4 patch , as we all know goblins are faster than most MOTW ( not including cavalry ofcourse) and they are dirt cheap and that can be a problem !! , i been in trouble a couple of times trying to defend from an early goblin spam with SOG .
i usually start like this : RC, tree , brax ,SOG ,tree , SOG , SOG , tree sog spam , tree and then i go for archery range .
i allways send my very first batallion of SOG deep in to enemy field to creep and then to try to do some harrastment with RC and at least take a cave or 2 down , usually by this time i have the goblins allready in my field harrasing my biuldings too , wich is ok at the begining since im going SOG spam, i usually take down the first waves while im expanding too and if my first batallion of SOG is still alive i keep them a lil busy for a bit but once they keep coming from the flanks and center it becomes a problem since SOG are slower , i have tryed to go for stables but since i have to keep the flow of SOG to keep the goblins back and off my resources especially when they get poison blades , i get overwelmed really fast , and since Gondor archers suck i dont even bother with them untill i get rangers . i find it kind of hard to get early horses and i go for theoden instead .

and since im loosing time chasing goblins with SOG next thing you know the half trolls come in and they are even faster than goblins , im allways put in the situation of having to play defence with goblins specially against good players . hopefully you guys can help .

and please dont ask me for a replay theres no such thing for the 360.

This post has been edited by rohirim charge: Aug 18 2010, 15:05 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

Don't like this display mode? Switch to: Standard

Posts in this topic

rohirim charge   what to do against a goblin rush?   Aug 16 2010, 22:10 PM
^NeXuS^   One thing i like to remember is that im fine with ...   Aug 23 2010, 03:02 AM
rohirim charge   One thing i like to remember is that im fine with...   Aug 25 2010, 04:35 AM
Airsupreme   i dont know how u can have problems earlygame vs g...   Aug 25 2010, 05:22 AM
rohirim charge   i dont know how u can have problems earlygame vs ...   Aug 25 2010, 13:52 PM
d3sktipper^   Cave Trolls have potential to own Men pretty good ...   Aug 25 2010, 05:26 AM
Airsupreme   the only situation for motw which is rlly hard in ...   Aug 25 2010, 12:45 PM
rohirim charge   the only situation for motw which is rlly hard in...   Aug 25 2010, 13:57 PM
^NeXuS^   God damnit goblins arent invincible. Correction* i...   Aug 26 2010, 14:43 PM
rohirim charge   God damnit goblins arent invincible. Correction* ...   Aug 27 2010, 02:33 AM
^NeXuS^   yeah theres clumping on the x box , i had a g...   Aug 31 2010, 01:14 AM
Amfilohije   That's easy...Make Faramir, archery range as t...   Oct 28 2010, 22:38 PM
rohirim charge   That's easy...Make Faramir, archery range as ...   Nov 4 2010, 22:42 PM
Airsupreme   faramir is useless vs goblins and archery range as...   Oct 29 2010, 13:34 PM
rohirim charge   faramir is useless vs goblins and archery range a...   Nov 4 2010, 22:50 PM
TheGenera1'   Epic bump   Nov 1 2010, 06:21 AM
Airsupreme   Epic bump   Nov 1 2010, 16:45 PM
alex1994   when i face off goblins i do this:farm-rax-farm-so...   Nov 4 2010, 15:02 PM
Turbo`   first of all we play on patch 1.06 and not 1.04^^ ...   Nov 5 2010, 16:50 PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)