Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

The Strongest Hero.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Maru Jan 11 2010, 22:43 PM
Which Hero is the most imbalanced/most OP I know some are better than others, but is there one hero that pwns the rest? I hear soul stealer played properly just owns all. smile.gif

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2KGB_Killer Jan 11 2010, 23:57 PM
Most overpowered hero is probably Jeresiah. Deadwood is also overpowered at the moment but he will be recieving a nerf more than likely in the next few days, as will sand wraith and FA. Hellbringer is also fairly strong but overall I got to go with Jeresiah. Banned in 95% of scrims.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 3PKE Jan 12 2010, 00:05 AM
You're going about it all wrong. HoN is a team game. Its not about having the strongest possible heroes, it's about having the strongest possible hero combinations. As you said, some are better than others, however every single hero in this game has at least one effective counter (be it hero or item) to it, though people will debate this for hours (the definition of "effective" is very much a relative term). There are undoubtedly extremely potent hero combinations, but all of them are dependent on players performing their specific roles to the best of their abilities. You mentioned Soul Stealer, who is a fantastic mid game initiator and ganker, however he will lose late game to well played hard carries such as Chronos or The Dark Lady. There are good heroes, there are great heroes, but none of them can win a game on their own.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4buzuzuki Jan 12 2010, 00:17 AM
Yh there are plenty of topics like these to be honest. tongue.gif No reason for any more arguements. Its more about the team's heroes than just one single hero as PKE said.

Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5madmandrit Jan 12 2010, 00:40 AM
deadwood!!!!

naw just kidding I agree with PKE tho

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 6Kael Jan 12 2010, 00:48 AM
There's no such thing as a "kill all" hero, this is one of the reasons why this game is a TEAM GAME. Anyway, jera is #1 OP hero imo.

+
# 7Maru Jan 12 2010, 02:22 AM
Thanks very much, I heard actually that jeza was op I forgot to mention him. I do know that its a team game im not THAT noob tongue.gif I was just wondering as has been established (jeraziah) if there is one hero that hasn't been balanced properly.

Thanks guys.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 8X-Flame Jan 12 2010, 09:24 AM
A Jera/Tempest/Behemoth/Magmus/Sand Wraith team.

On paper obviously. In practice they'd probably get their ass raped by a few ranged heroes.

Game: None

+
# 9KGB_Killer Jan 12 2010, 10:59 AM
Thats one of the dumbest lineups ive ever scene.

+
# 10Necrosjef Jan 12 2010, 11:53 AM
There isn't really one hero that can be said to be massively overpowered.

Some are certainly always banned though.

Sandwraith and Magebane are the two I would single out.

In particular those two seem to be I win buttons. If your team has one of them then the other team is screwed in an even contest. (Providing the other team doesn't have the other one).

Behemoth, Jere, Temp etc etc. All definately top tier heroes and ban worthy but not always game breaking. I've definately seen all 3 of those heroes in top tier games and seen that team lose. Not an autowin at all.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 11KGB_Killer Jan 12 2010, 14:32 PM
I challenge you to make a team of 5 and beat me with your "i win" button magebane. He is a decent carry but not even close to one of the best heroes in the game.

+
# 12Golle Jan 12 2010, 15:46 PM
QUOTE(PKE @ Jan 12 2010, 04:35 AM) *

You're going about it all wrong. HoN is a team game. Its not about having the strongest possible heroes, it's about having the strongest possible hero combinations. As you said, some are better than others, however every single hero in this game has at least one effective counter (be it hero or item) to it, though people will debate this for hours (the definition of "effective" is very much a relative term). There are undoubtedly extremely potent hero combinations, but all of them are dependent on players performing their specific roles to the best of their abilities. You mentioned Soul Stealer, who is a fantastic mid game initiator and ganker, however he will lose late game to well played hard carries such as Chronos or The Dark Lady. There are good heroes, there are great heroes, but none of them can win a game on their own.

Well said. For example I had a game wiht Plague. My opponents complained about the imba ulti damage he does. I said just get Jere and Plagues ult is useless biggrin.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 13Necrosjef Jan 12 2010, 15:57 PM
QUOTE(KGB_Killer @ Jan 12 2010, 15:32 PM) *

I challenge you to make a team of 5 and beat me with your "i win" button magebane. He is a decent carry but not even close to one of the best heroes in the game.

Thats why he is always banned then. wink.gif

+
# 1412azor Jan 12 2010, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(Necrosjef @ Jan 12 2010, 16:57 PM) *

No?

Clan: EPIC

+
# 15N4iL Jan 12 2010, 18:00 PM
QUOTE(Golle @ Jan 12 2010, 17:46 PM) *

Well said. For example I had a game wiht Plague. My opponents complained about the imba ulti damage he does. I said just get Jere and Plagues ult is useless biggrin.gif

or just a barrier idol. or both.

+
# 16notyou Jan 12 2010, 18:01 PM
QUOTE(TheGenera1' @ Jan 12 2010, 00:43 AM) *

Which Hero is the most imbalanced/most OP I know some are better than others, but is there one hero that pwns the rest? I hear soul stealer played properly just owns all. smile.gif
There isn't only one. Scout, Chronos, Forsaken Archer, Predator, Jereziah, Pandamonium, Deadwood. These heroes are op imo.

This post has been edited by notyou: Jan 12 2010, 18:04 PM

+
# 17X-Flame Jan 12 2010, 19:07 PM
Scout overpowered? How?

Game: None

+
# 18KGB_Killer Jan 12 2010, 19:50 PM
Magebane isnt always banned in fact i havent actually ever seen him be banned in any of my scrims. Possibly once that i could have forgotten about but i would say he is only picked in about 5-10% of competitive games, the rest of the time he just goes unbanned and unpicked. He isnt even a top tier hero as he requires a babysit early game and doesnt have enough teamfight potential late game compared to other carries.

+
# 19Bartl33t Jan 12 2010, 20:19 PM
I think that any strong carry is OP if played right XD tongue.gif For Example: Chronos, Madman, Magebane Lol

+
# 2013laded Jan 12 2010, 20:58 PM
QUOTE(Necrosjef @ Jan 12 2010, 16:57 PM) *

Seriously - find me one game where magebane is banned by anyone in the power rankings in any tournament.

On topic - jeraziah is the strongest hero imo, complete physical immunity for your whole team and magic immunity for your carry as well as a massive heal just makes him the ultimate support hero.

This post has been edited by 13laded: Jan 12 2010, 21:00 PM

Clan: EPIC

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)