Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

trying to quit smoking

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1WaRCRiMM Mar 19 2010, 11:33 AM
guys i been a smoker since i was 14 and quit for 2 yrs when i was 19 due to some training.then started again at 21 and always felt like i needed to make up for those 2 yrs of smoke free.result is 2 packs of winfield gold a day.sometimes im smoking like 60 ciggies a day and its starting to effect me physically.ever since i hit the big three 0 in oct i can feel the bad effect on me much more.so today ive started taking champics to try and quit for good. i think u guys should quit aswell,its a filthy habit that kills u slowly and eats up ur income ( strange how pot is illegal and smoking, the number 1 killer in australia is legal ).anyway reason why im posting this is cause i know vexxe and piggy smoke and if it works for me hopefully it will encourage u guys to make an attempt at it. heres the results for day 1

took pill in the morning and it made me a bit nauseous, in the arvo i tried to have a nap but it made me feel like i was in a twilite zone,some reason i havnt been hungry all day.mid day i said fukk this im off these fuken pills but i feel fine now so i will take them 2moro again. have smoked the same amount of ciggies but they did taste a lil funny.i have chosen my quit date on the 11 day of starting the treatment smile.gif

Clan: AnZaC

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2-Chemical- Mar 19 2010, 11:49 AM
Wow, thats hard addiction post-13661-1143531603.gif Two packs per day is alot. Always thought its already bad when people smoking one pack which is something around 1 every 45 minutes.

My grandma stoped smoking from one day to the other because she suddenly felt its disgusting, the smell of the clothes, hair and fingers... Might be the best way to stop it, just feel disgusted by it

+
# 3rarely Mar 19 2010, 14:40 PM
when u wanna stop then stop immideatly and dont say ill do it tomoz because its gg wp already then. Don't take pills warcrimm take chewing gum. buy a boxing ball and hit it when u feel like smoking and lose all ur frustrations. So u dont feel like smoking anymore and watch this !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewTdUvEIcVo

Game: Generals 2

+
# 4-WaRPiG^ Mar 19 2010, 19:10 PM
2 packs of winnies would be 50 smokes, that is pretty heavy. i smoke about 1/2 that on a normal day, but prolly twice that if i go out on the piss. i have tried all ways of quitting, patches, medication and good old cold turkey. the best i managed was 12 months. you might ask why would you start smoking again after 12 months off them. its because even after that long i still felt like having a smoke every day. I am planning on having another shot at it when i go on annual leave. its a hard road people who have never been addicted for a long period, find it hard to understand just how difficult it is. gl

+
# 5-SEV7EN- Mar 20 2010, 06:35 AM
well crim can tell you's how much i h8 smoke and try to make all of those i know who smoke 2 quite.
piggy when u attempt to quick this time start exercising. go for jogs, pick up a little sport or something.
what ppl dont realize that exercise reliefs stress so it becomes easier to quite also when u become health due to exercise neither u nor ur body would feal like a smoke becourse ur feel healthy and great about ur self and ur more confident and u never want 2 lose that. so the end result is never going bak 2 smokes again. gl every1

+
# 6WaRCRiMM Mar 20 2010, 12:03 PM
thats how i quit the first time rerely,it was just sudden.so it was easier back then,but now im 30 and have kids and run my own buisness which adds alot of stress.i can never quit like that now,no way.thats why these pills im hopeing will work for me.

update 2nd day

took pill in the morning and went to work,my normal labourer chucked a sickie on me so i took reload with me.and let me tell u he drove me insane.luckily the noise from my machinery was blocking out my shouting.despite all that i felt fine and have only smoked about 35 ciggies smile.gif

update 3rd day

smoked about 40 smokes ,severe headache and very weak

This post has been edited by WaRCRiMM: Mar 21 2010, 11:50 AM

+
# 7Murder- Mar 21 2010, 18:59 PM
I never smoked. Only on occasion. But last night 2 joints and 4 cigares. Weekend trips. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Murder^^ : Mar 21 2010, 19:00 PM

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 8squaak Mar 21 2010, 21:26 PM
QUOTE(Murder^^ @ Mar 21 2010, 20:59 PM) *

I never smoked. Only on occasion. But last night 2 joints and 4 cigares. Weekend trips. wub.gif

Smoking on occasion is very different than never smoked. That's actually how everyone starts being a smoker. Your point of view about smoking to look cool in week end trips really look very immature tbh.

Try to be stronger to follow your convictions or you would get owned by life.
The best way to fight an addiction is to ignore it and never ever starting smoking, not even for trying !

This post has been edited by squaak: Mar 21 2010, 21:31 PM

+
# 9Murder- Mar 22 2010, 00:49 AM
QUOTE(squaak @ Mar 21 2010, 22:26 PM) *

Smoking on occasion is very different than never smoked. That's actually how everyone starts being a smoker. Your point of view about smoking to look cool in week end trips really look very immature tbh.

Try to be stronger to follow your convictions or you would get owned by life.
The best way to fight an addiction is to ignore it and never ever starting smoking, not even for trying !

Lol. U misjudged me clearly. It's just to relax and experience the great feeling, after a hard workweek. I don't feel the need to act cooler then i am. It looks immature, but it clearly isn't if u knew me. I actually get offered to smoke one a lot. I usually reject. Since i refuse to smoke on a weekday or near school. The ones that actually do it, are immature and unbearable. It's not like i do it every weekend. I smoke like 5/10 joints a year. Not really a big deal. I've never even touched a cigarette tbh.

+
# 10-WaRPiG^ Mar 22 2010, 04:14 AM
i partly agree with squaak the way i started smoking was only on weekends having drinks with m8's. however when you have been a heavy smoker for 20 years like i have, ignoring the addiction isnt an option. you simply cant ignore it. tobacco smoke is the most addictive substance available, more addictive than even heroin. i personally know people who have kicked heroin but cant get off the smokes. like i said in my earlier post i managed to give up for 12 months at one stage but even after that long i still had the craving to smoke every single day. all it took was the death of a family member to get me back on the smokes, and it only took one.

+
# 11grdf45fe Mar 22 2010, 13:56 PM
Yeah its a hard one, what makes it worse for me is that Kira smokes too, and every time we try to quit she gets all headfucked and needs a smoke, then they are there and i smoke too. I hate the things, i am 25 and have been smoking since year 8 in high school. I smoke about 15-20 a day so its not as full on as you guys, but i run own business and work alone in office most of day, or drive around alone most of day and i dont have a stereo in my car or speakers on my computer IT Fucking SUX biggrin.gif

They taste horrid, i hate the smell of them, my office stinks theres ash on my desk fucking diskuzting shit! But i just cant stop.

Lets just say im down to my last couple of bucks, i will scrounge it all together and buy cigarettes rather than the shit i really need. Horrible Horrible things.

The WORST PART about it is they only cost cigarette companies not even a few cents to make, these joker fucks in conjunction with the government are making squillions! I used to sell smokes when i was at school for 50c ea and make a profit to buy my lunch biggrin.gif but now.....How are these kids supposed to make money to buy lunch! Its tough times ahead for this generation.

I bid you good day sirs, and good luck with your endeavours.

This post has been edited by MaGGz: Mar 22 2010, 13:58 PM

+
# 12maltesers Mar 22 2010, 15:44 PM
It's funny how government's around the world ban drugs like cocain marijuana and in some country's alchohol etc,but when it comes to sigg's they just arent that harsh and comitted.

They should ban siggarets foregood!

I smoke since i was about 17,so iam a 10 year smoker.
I do sports, and after a work out my lungs breath heavily and i can feel the toxins getting out of my lungs.
I stil cant stop smoking,like after a workout my body scream's for a sigg.

But al in al,i do sport ,meaning i fight the sigg a little bit.

So sam u should start sporting m8,find a sport where u use ure lungs continuesly,like kickbocks or running.

I promise u u wil feel way way better and it will make quiting smoking much easyer for u.

+
# 13WaRCRiMM Mar 23 2010, 13:29 PM
i know m8,i just have to pass the first few days and then it will be ok im sure.what squaak said is the most effective way but at this point it wont work for me
yesturday i forget to take the 2nd pill
today ive started taking two a day.not long till the quit day comes sad.gif

+
# 14Technique- Mar 25 2010, 02:15 AM
2 packs of winni blues a day is a lot warcrimm, u will prob get lung cancer if u keep that up! Smoke chuff instead biggrin.gif are you a chain smoker? y do u need to smoke 50 ciggies a day?
Me, piggy, legion, smokeyz, cakey, stuart love, malibu and machine should get together for a smoke, rofl.

Game: None

+
# 15craig russell Mar 25 2010, 02:34 AM
smoking killz all i have to say

+
# 16^Russty^ Mar 25 2010, 05:34 AM
looks like a new person i see.

+
# 17Murder- Mar 25 2010, 15:22 PM
QUOTE(VeXeL^ @ Mar 25 2010, 03:15 AM) *

2 packs of winni blues a day is a lot warcrimm, u will prob get lung cancer if u keep that up! Smoke chuff instead biggrin.gif are you a chain smoker? y do u need to smoke 50 ciggies a day?
Me, piggy, legion, smokeyz, cakey, stuart love, malibu and machine should get together for a smoke, rofl.

Lol, Malibu is just smoking weed. Junkie. tongue.gif

+
# 18rarely Mar 25 2010, 19:11 PM
stupid smokers. If everyone was as hardheaded like me then we wudnt have any smokers tongue.gif

+
# 19Technique- Mar 25 2010, 22:13 PM
Cakey was wondering why you lived in holland and never smoke...now i know biggrin.gif You are strong minded ^^

QUOTE(rarely @ Mar 26 2010, 05:11 AM) *

stupid smokers. If everyone was as hardheaded like me then we wudnt have any smokers tongue.gif

+
# 20Technique- Mar 25 2010, 22:16 PM
QUOTE(Murder^^ @ Mar 22 2010, 04:59 AM) *

You smoked 2 joints Maxi? n1qshok.gif 0wn3d.gif drol.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)