ninja pio's ph34r.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 22o4shaker Mar 5 2007, 05:12 AM
haha

+
# 23shiffty Mar 5 2007, 05:32 AM
what do you expect, your being a noob standing out in the open spraying and praying flames everywere, ofcourse your gonna get the headshot. unless those pions had aims bots :|

This post has been edited by shiffty: Mar 5 2007, 05:33 AM

+
# 24.nide Mar 5 2007, 06:32 AM
haha, looks like you got a lucky shot on the flamer guy and he took out the whole squad.

Clan: ArX

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 25AoA Mar 5 2007, 08:02 AM
I think it comes down to knights cross somehow those invincible dags

+
# 26Neilius Mar 5 2007, 08:02 AM
This is one of the reaosns why CoH is not veyr well suited to high level competitive play, for like prizes and stuff. Imagine if that happened in the final of some grand tournament. There's nothing you can do about that, except not make flamer units, they tend to randomly explode... sad.gif

+
# 27mwaf Mar 5 2007, 08:55 AM
QUOTE(Neilius @ Mar 5 2007, 10:02 AM) *

This is one of the reaosns why CoH is not veyr well suited to high level competitive play, for like prizes and stuff. Imagine if that happened in the final of some grand tournament. There's nothing you can do about that, except not make flamer units, they tend to randomly explode... sad.gif

I'll have to disagree on this. Just because the game involves risk doesn't mean it's not suited for competitive play.

And to make a bad analogy, it's like saying that long jump can't be competed in because the wind isn't constant.

+
# 28Mexico Mar 5 2007, 14:01 PM
QUOTE(mwaf @ Mar 5 2007, 08:55 AM) *

I'll have to disagree on this. Just because the game involves risk doesn't mean it's not suited for competitive play.

And to make a bad analogy, it's like saying that long jump can't be competed in because the wind isn't constant.

The wind affects all contestants, while on CoH you DON'T know who might get the bad luck at times. Sometimes I retreat my engineers, and they're pinned and they retreat very very slowly, making me lose one of them, sure it's gamebreaking sometimes, but I get so pissed I HAVE to win the game frusty.gif bowdown.gif u0udiablo.gif .

Clan: Reborn

+
# 29mwaf Mar 5 2007, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(Mexico @ Mar 5 2007, 04:01 PM) *

The wind affects all contestants, while on CoH you DON'T know who might get the bad luck at times.

Yes it affects all contestants, but my point was that the wind changes and is thus not the same for all contestants. In athletics there are bounds for how much wind is allowed for a result to be eligible as a record. In CoH there are bounds for the randomness, engineers probably won't kill a whole riflesquad with critical hits. The only difference is that in CoH it would be technically possible to eliminate all random factors. I do believe the game is more enjoyable as non-deterministic and that this does not harm competitive play.

(I suppose this discussion is derailing a bit towards the WCG thread.)

Sometimes I retreat my engineers, and they're pinned and they retreat very very slowly, making me lose one of them, sure it's gamebreaking sometimes, but I get so pissed I HAVE to win the game frusty.gif bowdown.gif u0udiablo.gif .

Crawl retreating falls into the bug category, not the unnecessary randomness category.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)