Explore GameReplays...

Graphics

CENTAUER - Vip3rBishop

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 21Vip3rBishop Jan 25 2011, 03:54 AM
Alright I did not find same fractuals, so I used what i could and did what I understood and this is my first attempt.

IPB Image

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 22CENTAUER Jan 25 2011, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(Vip3rBishop @ Jan 25 2011, 04:54 AM) *

Alright I did not find same fractuals, so I used what i could and did what I understood and this is my first attempt.

IPB Image

Ok, thats better , just be sure that you use same blending of render ( thats inportant to render be blending) .. When you read tutorial purpuse of that is not that you made exactly same sig like is in tutorial , tuts just help you a bit , and you need to make sig in your way, with your resources . Sig is better than your firs one (with messy backgrounds.) .. Just is somehow look a bit empty , witch mean you need to add few things on it , let me see what we can do abot it , i will have free time in 1-2 houers , than i will post what to do next .. Good work till now . biggrin.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 23CENTAUER Jan 25 2011, 14:31 PM
i find one similar render

Attached Image

+
# 24Vip3rBishop Jan 25 2011, 16:29 PM
All right here is my final work on wolverine.

IPB Image

What do you think?

+
# 25CENTAUER Jan 25 2011, 18:32 PM
QUOTE(Vip3r Bishop @ Jan 25 2011, 17:29 PM) *

All right here is my final work on wolverine.

IPB Image

What do you think?

not bad , render is not good , imo , somehow look like his not cut good .. well i have to ask you to do same thing but with some other render .This look Low Quality really , so if render is High Quality (how much possible to be) signature will look better . We need to stay on this tutorial till you make it good ( with all things , one of them is Good Quality too.. ). Middle of sig is somehow to bright , or to much light, fix that and decrease lightnings ,lower opacity of that effect or something , tryit , experiment a bit,.After you make it , blur background, and sharp render (focal a bit) .. if you dont like to use one of this find one by your self .. If you think that will be hard for you , i will make tutorial whit pictures by my self .. DONT FORGET TO HOLD SHIFT WHEN YOU RESIZE RENDERS

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Also read this pls

Attached Image

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: Jan 25 2011, 19:38 PM

+
# 26Vip3rBishop Jan 25 2011, 22:39 PM
Ok sounds good. I agree the render is plain. It is true i did nothing to it except take out the black background. I simple created an alpha channel and got rid of the background and used it as render. I thought I could not use "cntrl shift i" process because of the claws.

+
# 27CENTAUER Jan 25 2011, 22:51 PM
QUOTE(Vip3rBishop @ Jan 25 2011, 23:39 PM) *

Ok sounds good. I agree the render is plain. It is true i did nothing to it except take out the black background. I simple created an alpha channel and got rid of the background and used it as render. I thought I could not use "cntrl shift i" process because of the claws.

heheh yeah i notice that render was bad as soon as i saw it , there is many ways to cut out renders but that some other story witch we dont want to messing now with this what we learning atm, best way for now its to take render and work with it .. dont have to be same one , just need to fit with background ,compo, colors etc .. after you made this as need to be we will learn other things , ( blur, sharp, lightning, flow, depth) Ofc with new tutorials etc etc.... Instal MSN or Xfire or sometthing so you can get extra answers and teach

+
# 28Vip3rBishop Jan 26 2011, 00:01 AM
We can talk live on teamspeak if you would like your brother in law is on all the time with me and maybe we play a few games.

This is my knight I want to use but I dont know where to use it. Middle or right or left of signature.

IPB Image

+
# 29CENTAUER Jan 26 2011, 00:13 AM
yeah i will ask him to give me password for TS or what ever need it ..well tbh didn't play bfme 2-3 weeks now lol , my first long period after 5 years the..

well that render need different background , something more fantasy or some like that ,also its big one you will need a lot of space for him , but you can try , basically render gos on left or right never in middle , witch dos not mean that we cant put it in middle if thats look better , so its up to you , put it where is looks better .. search google , youtube , for more info on video that will help you a lot .Ok lets see how your render will fit .. remember hold shift when resize ..

+
# 30Vip3rBishop Jan 26 2011, 17:17 PM
ok so i should not go with a blended back ground but go fantasy back ground. So he would require bigger than 500 x 150? I tried putting him in signature and it cuts a lot him out. Should I use fractuals?
Also I can give you address of teamspeak myself. The download requires about 3 minutes.

This post has been edited by Vip3rBishop: Jan 26 2011, 17:17 PM

+
# 31CENTAUER Jan 26 2011, 17:38 PM
QUOTE(Vip3rBishop @ Jan 26 2011, 18:17 PM) *

ok so i should not go with a blended back ground but go fantasy back ground. So he would require bigger than 500 x 150? I tried putting him in signature and it cuts a lot him out. Should I use fractuals?
Also I can give you address of teamspeak myself. The download requires about 3 minutes.

well IMO you shuld work with some simple renders for start as we learning diferent things (how to make sig and what is important thngs in sig, with this kind of renders we will come when you learn few most important things) but if you want it OK . Yea Fractals will help, also will be really hard to make some fantasy background NOW , ..When you learn basic things than will be much easer for you .
hmm i have TS i use it b4 when i was play with m4r4dona , but when i was change my windows than i los everything lol.(you can sand by PM)... well i will tall you something about size etc , so pls read this ..

LINK

EDIT
Ok i got TS adress and am on it

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: Jan 26 2011, 20:42 PM

+
# 32CENTAUER Jan 27 2011, 22:52 PM
Here is some Video tutorials witch i find on google lol( its not pro but will help)

Tuts

+
# 33Vip3rBishop Jan 28 2011, 16:45 PM
All right here is my bishop knight it is not signature size but I think size it takes away from picture when you go 500 x 150

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Vip3rBishop: Jan 28 2011, 16:56 PM

+
# 34CENTAUER Jan 28 2011, 17:47 PM
NIceeeeeeeee

i like it , BUT ( always this BUT hahhah)

i guess you didnt read what i write abot blure / lightning/ sharp. This is realy good but try to combinate few tehniqe from other tutorials like well this is what i made in 2 min ( a bit remake your work

Attached Image

you see what i did with background , how i made light ( source of lightat adge of his stick) colors , a bit flow on it , Sharpen a bit , blure backgranound ..

Well you got picture of how background need to be on this render , thats good . I will post soon something what you need to read too ( if you read all above , and what you read you need to put in your signature otherwise wont be good ) .AM glad that you get it about background and render blending its Ok for now , by time you will mastered it more , practice,.. Soon i will write next task for you and you use it on same sig with you made ..

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: Jan 28 2011, 17:51 PM

+
# 35Vip3rBishop Jan 28 2011, 20:58 PM
ok yours i better laugh.gif

so how many layers did you add?

I sharpened the render so why do I want to blur it ? It was already blurred laugh.gif
What type of blur do I use?
And you added another fractual that is cool.

Tell me step by step please.

I thought I used all types in the links you gave me.

Btw, your loses the BFME theme laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Vip3rBishop: Jan 28 2011, 21:05 PM

+
# 36Vip3rBishop Jan 28 2011, 21:13 PM
Did you use the burn technique your showing Phoenix?

+
# 37CENTAUER Jan 28 2011, 23:05 PM
Yes , but i also add few effects , lightning source , make backgraoud to have just a bit Flow etc etc ..
You can experimenting on many way , trying many things ( effects , filters , and Tools ) . But now read this

Alright , BLUR can be done by Blur toll or with FILTER-Blur.. What are differences ::

when you use Blur Tool
Attached Image

than you can BLUR one spot or one part also all Sig too , for example , when you bluring something , that make effect like some object to be in distance of main render , to make them vizual to look like his far away from focal. Like when you see nature around you , you see sharp things witch is near you , but things like if you look at some mountains in distance they are blurred coz they are far away ..

Attached Image

so if you blur background your foal will stand up , and if you sharp focal they will stand up more witch is good .. If you made background and put render on it , than background need to be behind or render , you will get that effect only if you blur background , and sharp focal.. ..

Another way of blurring you can do on FILTERS
Attached Image

BUT if you do this way of blurring than you blur all picture or signature , so everything what you see will be blurry ( than you need to erase blur on focal), witch is also good choice , but i like to work with Blur Tool , than i can Blur only what i want and how much i want ..

Attached Image

LINK

LINK

SHARPEN tool well basically same as BLUR Tool you can use it ON FILTERS (to sharp all pictur if need it )

Attached Image

Or you use On Sharpen Tool ( so you can sharp only render or some parts with you want to be a bit sharpen)
Attached Image

when you put render on background its alrdy a bit blured ( not really clear) and your background is blured , if you sharp render you will be able to see him clearly that will make to stend up from background , with out sharping you wont be able to make effects like in really Life looking at things , so everything what is blured will be far away and what is sharp will be clos or near .. so you practise that when you make new sig , experimenting a bit ..I will post soon your new task . biggrin.gif If still is this unclear for you , just say and i will try to explain in diferent way .

also read this
Attached Image

How to create Depth

Depth gives us a feeling of how far away an object is

There are multiple ways to create a sence of depth in your signature, the most important two are:

* Having a light source
* Blurring the background so it looks further away.

I will now explain these 2 further using the following stock from GTA4 as an example

Orginal picture

Attached Image

Using blurring

To create a sense of depth we will blur the buildings in the distance, this way the buildings will look further away and your eyes will be drawn towards the action. For this I used the blur tool (you can find it under the paint bucket).

Using the following settings I blurred everything in the distance, but pay attention that you donít blur anything you still want to be shown, like here for example the heli.

Using blurring

Attached Image

After this select the sharpen tool and use it to sharpen the most interesting parts in the picture (here the guy and the heli), you can use the same settings as before, just decrease the master diameter if you need more precision.

Here is how the picture now looks, notice how you now automatically start looking at the focal points!

Attached Image

Using light to create a sense of depth

To further enhance our sense of depth (and to make our focal point stand out more) we will use the Burn Tool and the Dodge Tool. You can use O to open these tools.

Attached Image

Once again I used a soft round brush with exposure on 60%, change the brush size to a size that fits your picture. I first used 100px for the big open areas and later a smaller 20px to burn/dodge the edges.

Use the Burn Tool to make the things in the background darker, use the dodge tool to make the objects in the foreground brighter and stand out more.

Here was my final result.

Once again I used a soft round brush with exposure on 60%, change the brush size to a size that fits your picture. I first used 100px for the big open areas and later a smaller 20px to burn/dodge the edges.

Use the Burn Tool to make the things in the background darker, use the dodge tool to make the objects in the foreground brighter and stand out more.

Here was my final result.

Attached Image

And here is a gif that shows the difference between the original and modified picture!

Attached Image

Now all you had to do was ad some nice looking effects and you would have a great looking signature

There are many other more advanced technique to create depth, but in my opinion these basic techniques will do just fine once you have mastered them.

I hope this is more clear and understendible , for you . If you have any question abot this , be free to ask.. If not , start with Practice , and show me your works

Use your same sig with you made (open PSD) ad do what i post above , playing a bit with things till you get something better (always can be better) . And post it after that than we will try to add FILTERS Other effects etc .

whay like this .
coz i want you to learn this things one by one , coz its important in every sig . Also save PSD again after you finish , so you can continue with it..

+
# 38Vip3rBishop Jan 29 2011, 18:18 PM
All right that makes better sense. Btw, I don't have these options on gimp. So I can not do this at home, I think. I will try after I go back to work.

+
# 39CENTAUER Jan 29 2011, 21:13 PM
GIMP

LiNK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

GIMP

LINK 5

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

VIDEO TUTORIAL

VIDEO TUTORIAL

VIDEO TUTORIAL

VIDEO TUTORIAL

HERE IS OTHER VIDEO TUTORIALS

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: Jan 29 2011, 21:18 PM

+
# 40Vip3rBishop Jan 30 2011, 00:46 AM
Your are going to be gimp expert after all is said and done. laugh.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)