Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Best against T17/bar spam?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1hardmaster Mar 5 2013, 03:25 AM
Hey guys first post here, couldn't find the search button so i am sure this is asked many times. soz for that.

What to do against a T17/bar spam? ( do i need to change my bo maybe)

I am always going TD and getting a hetzer out as soon as possible.
also shreks at the early game but i always get out maneuvered by 3/5 t17s

my BO is 5 grens T1 T3 ac and mp44 asap.

+
# 2Darc Reaver Mar 5 2013, 04:35 AM
4 men squads with g43 beat bars, and you will have less manpower losses because you can keep the rifles at range (-> supression fire). Riflemen with bars do around 300% more damage on short range compared to long range. So if your mp44 pgrens have no vet yet, or group zeal, they'll give away easy kills.

for the t17: it's a bitch, but just use AT halftracks. If you go t1-t4 with ammo ht and a Scout car on a medium/high ammo point you can disable multiple t17s at the same time.

Then either use AT nades or Panzerschrecks or Hetzers to take them out. Or use the Hotchkiss. It's quite cheap and works well against light vehicles because it's more mobile than a Pz IV.

This strategy is what I play usually against USA, it's quite bulletproof unless you already got raped earlygame. I wouldn't try it vs brits, though.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Porygon Mar 5 2013, 09:09 AM
Actually the Hotches are not good against US light armor, they miss like crap

However, the M8 / T17 take ages to kill a single Hotchkiss, so nevermind tongue.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4lifelike Mar 5 2013, 09:21 AM
For me the following worked so far:

If you make a marder after ur first AC, it usually negeates the T17 quite good. Just watch for it, better players will try to circle strafe it, be prepared with AT nades and block its path with the AC. Also, the marders are very fuel costly, 40 for the Jager upgrade and another 40 for each marder.

The more fuel effecient way is to make a quick T4 (30 fuel) after u see a T17 hit the field, and make the ATHT right after. In one-o-one engagement, it can handle the T17/greyhound. Use treadbreak (50 ammo) ability at once u see the bastard to immobilize it. The ATHT on the other hand is very fragile alone. Always bring AT nades with inf to finish the job and do not fight the ATHTs against tanks.

+
# 5hardmaster Mar 5 2013, 14:56 PM
Thanks for the reply guys i will try it out! (btw got raped again by bar/ t17 in mid game jeezz) going for t1 - t4 in the future.

btw dArCReAvEr do you maybe know a replay i can use?

+
# 6Darc Reaver Mar 5 2013, 16:00 PM
QUOTE(hardmaster @ Mar 5 2013, 16:56 PM) *

Thanks for the reply guys i will try it out! (btw got raped again by bar/ t17 in mid game jeezz) going for t1 - t4 in the future.

btw dArCReAvEr do you maybe know a replay i can use?

hmm idk. Unfortunately I didn't save my recent PE games, I mainly concentrated on playing USA. I'll see if I can play some PE games later on today.

+
# 7jBrereton Mar 5 2013, 16:51 PM
If you see M8/T17, never not ATHT. ATHTs are also quite useful against infantry, so long as you don't let them get close and gang up on them.

+
# 8hardmaster Mar 6 2013, 15:36 PM
Ok let me know if you have one?

+
# 9acos_N Mar 7 2013, 01:09 AM
ATHT's cost virtually nothing to field. Their real cost is out back when you dump 50 munitions into locking up a vehicle or tank.

And you don't need an ATHT. It's just your most reliable point guard for making vehicles die mid-game. Because at that point you don't have the numbers necessary to make panzershreks or marders work on their own, and most people don't like crossing their fingers that a mine drop will save the day.

Or that the M8 will stand still and take four AT grenades to the face.

+
# 10Darc Reaver Mar 7 2013, 05:58 AM
QUOTE(hardmaster @ Mar 6 2013, 17:36 PM) *

Ok let me know if you have one?

Haven't found the time yet to play at all... I hope I can play some games tomorrow or so.

Greetings

+
# 11hardmaster Mar 7 2013, 16:08 PM
QUOTE(dArCReAvEr @ Mar 7 2013, 05:58 AM) *

Haven't found the time yet to play at all... I hope I can play some games tomorrow or so.

Greetings

OK man no problem take your time smile.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)