Explore GameReplays...

Graphics

RENDER BLENDING TUT

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1CENTAUER Jun 8 2010, 20:30 PM
ok, i know a lot of you know this but i think for someone who is new to gfx this will be good thing to know .. its simple and fast..

1st choose your render

Attached Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then select the lasso tool and see it has feather at top , click on litle box and change setings witch you like the most . i put it on 15.

Attached Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

than outline your render in ruff way.. Not perfect.

Attached Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

than Hold SHIFT and CTRL and hit I button to invert selction like so

Attached Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hit CTRL + X to cut the selection

Attached Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great i hope this will help to someone ..

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: Jun 11 2010, 18:07 PM

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Muse Jun 8 2010, 21:33 PM
thx for the share ^^.

Game: Graphics

+
# 3CENTAUER Jun 9 2010, 18:07 PM
QUOTE(Muse @ Jun 8 2010, 22:33 PM) *

thx for the share ^^.

np mate , as i say for someone new to gfx its good coz its simple and fast tongue.gif

+
# 4Nordlander Jun 11 2010, 20:26 PM
I think with color-selection or the quick selection tool the result would be more pro at this example than the simple blending.
It looks like you dont know how to cut out in a quality way .... so i would never use it for such editing.
And also noobs should learn the right way straight from the beginning ... but thats just mho.

This post has been edited by Nordlander: Jun 11 2010, 20:29 PM

+
# 5CENTAUER Jun 13 2010, 16:12 PM
what in hell you talking about ... dont know how to cut out what?(am new to gfx) blending is ok if you use it right ..

i think talking about PRO things its to much for both of us ..

noobs should learn right way yes , but is your way right one? this is simple render blending tut

i ppost just one of many ways , this one is fast and decent one if you use it right

but ok you are the artist .. thanx for comment it will help me when i gonna start to make sigs wink.gif

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: Jun 13 2010, 17:54 PM

+
# 6Loke Jun 13 2010, 18:58 PM
QUOTE(Nordlander @ Jun 11 2010, 22:26 PM) *

And also noobs should learn the right way straight from the beginning ... but thats just mho.

The pen tool is a tedious and boring/unforgiving tool for newcomers.
This tutorial, however, should work perfectly for them smile.gif

+
# 7CENTAUER Jun 13 2010, 21:16 PM
QUOTE(Loke @ Jun 13 2010, 19:58 PM) *

The pen tool is a tedious and boring/unforgiving tool for newcomers.
This tutorial, however, should work perfectly for them smile.gif

cool2.gif

+
# 8Nordlander Jun 15 2010, 12:57 PM
QUOTE(CENTAUER @ Jun 13 2010, 18:12 PM) *

i think talking about PRO things its to much for both of us ..

I wouldn't say myway is the right or the best way, but i think it will be more"wonderfull", also to newbies, if they cut out something nearly perfect.
Yea the tut is good and honestly i use it sometimes too tongue.gif.

And btw, if you want i can give you some well commented quick tutorials to cut out in different situations wink.gif.

+
# 9Evolancer Jun 15 2010, 23:31 PM
Cool tut ^^

Game: None

+
# 10Muse Jun 16 2010, 03:45 AM
@ Norlander idk if you talking about cutting/rendering a stock? woot. Clipping mask is what i do if the case is like this.

This post has been edited by Muse: Jun 16 2010, 03:47 AM

+
# 11Nordlander Jun 16 2010, 14:35 PM
Yea, clipping mask is more or less the end, you applie it when you have something selected, but to select what you want to cut out is the problem. I think to applie such a mask is not the point ...

Or you applie such a mask and start drawing with a black pen ..... have fun if the picture is with a long-haird woman biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by Nordlander: Jun 16 2010, 14:36 PM

+
# 12CENTAUER Jun 16 2010, 17:18 PM
yeah i understand you what you try to say , yes , but i was think its ease and fast , simple , handy, if you know what i mean ofc for such artist like you guys there more better ways .. when i want to do it something rly rly fast than i use this tut , i didn't say its best or perfect way to do it , but as i say above can be used ...anyway about cutting, i was think you mean for render .. i find it on web

Attached Image

evolancer ,, thnx mate tongue.gif its not something great or some like that but its just one of many ways to do it hehehh

+
# 13CENTAUER Jun 16 2010, 18:19 PM
QUOTE(Nordlander @ Jun 15 2010, 13:57 PM) *

And btw, if you want i can give you some well commented quick tutorials to cut out in different situations wink.gif.

cool am always for good advice tongue.gif

+
# 15Ripred May 7 2011, 18:12 PM
Nordlander, I think you simply don't get the point of his tutorial. It is to blend a render INTO a background, NOT to cut a render OUT of one.

Here, he already has the render and is not trying to render an image. You would never use 15 pixel feather with a rough selections to actually render something.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 16I.AM.OP Jun 9 2011, 05:25 AM
Nice bump.

Game: Generals 2

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)