Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes 2

Shoutcasting here!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1atr3uh Aug 2 2013, 02:02 AM
Hello everyone!

I guess I am blind because I hadn't noticed this forum before.

I just want to let you all know i have a channel on Youtube where i am currently putting up shoutcasts almost every day.

I know i need allot of work and still have a long way to go before im any good at it, but, well, practice makes perfect! right?

Anyways, as far as the technical aspect of it goes, i can currently only record in 720p (1080 is down the pipeline, but i cant afford it yet), and have been refining ways to be able to show both players resources on screen.

Any help/advice/criticism would be greatly appreciated as one can not grow without it.

Thank you for your time and i hope you enjoy my videos.

ATR

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 2ScuttleShip Aug 2 2013, 11:52 AM
This Section of the forum has only been setup in the last week or so.

+
# 3Krozzfyre Aug 2 2013, 15:13 PM
Hey Atr3uh,

What program are you using for video capture? The settings look like they might be off a bit, as although it's uploading at 720p, it's not really in HD when watching.

As far as the UI goes, I love it. Innovative and extremely useful for viewers, it shows some creativity and originality! I would say that the black specks (birds?) are a little distracting from the gameplay.

Keep it up!

+
# 4atr3uh Aug 2 2013, 21:50 PM
QUOTE(Krozzfyre @ Aug 2 2013, 07:13 AM) *

Hey Atr3uh,

What program are you using for video capture? The settings look like they might be off a bit, as although it's uploading at 720p, it's not really in HD when watching.

As far as the UI goes, I love it. Innovative and extremely useful for viewers, it shows some creativity and originality! I would say that the black specks (birds?) are a little distracting from the gameplay.

Keep it up!

Right now FRAPS is my primary recording tool, so the issue is actually when rendering it to mp4, im going to have to tinker with the setting to try and find something that looks good but isn't an overly huge file size (crappy internet in my country, some of these videos have taken over 10 hours to upload).

Is there any program recommended for rendering by you guys? cant really afford something like Sony Vegas right now.

+
# 5Krozzfyre Aug 2 2013, 23:04 PM
Well I don't use an intro clip at the moment, so I don't render - just straight up upload it. My internet isn't great either so it's an over-night ordeal, but bearable. I use OBS - it's easy to use and free, and there are plenty of decent guides about for it.

+
# 6atr3uh Aug 3 2013, 16:35 PM
OK, i just spent a whole day trying stuff and downloading editing programs,

http://youtu.be/qF_PkoePboc

Is there any noticeable difference in quality? I think it looks better, but im so tired right now that im not sure if its all in my head lol.

+
# 7Krozzfyre Aug 4 2013, 09:53 AM
Looks a lot better mate, nice one!

+
# 8atr3uh Aug 4 2013, 15:27 PM
QUOTE(Krozzfyre @ Aug 4 2013, 01:53 AM) *

Looks a lot better mate, nice one!

Awesome!, only problem is file size is now more than before, so its gonna take longer to upload.

next episode is up (this is the last video done in the old program, so its not gonna look as good)

+
# 9atr3uh Aug 5 2013, 13:12 PM
ponyforpresident vs FurorTeutonicus

+
# 10atr3uh Aug 6 2013, 15:25 PM
WarBoss vs Crave.Cataclaw

+
# 11Krozzfyre Aug 6 2013, 16:22 PM
There is a link to the "Videos" section up top - you can post them there instead!

+
# 12atr3uh Aug 6 2013, 20:21 PM
QUOTE(Krozzfyre @ Aug 6 2013, 08:22 AM) *

There is a link to the "Videos" section up top - you can post them there instead!

I know but it doesnt work for me for some reason! =(

I click it, it starts to load up and then it just goes white and has the GAMEREVOLUTIONcraveonline logo thing in the bottom.....

This post has been edited by atr3uh: Aug 6 2013, 22:16 PM

+
# 13atr3uh Aug 7 2013, 15:35 PM
Weeman vs TNrg

+
# 14atr3uh Aug 8 2013, 18:13 PM
SturmTigerFlu & SturmTigerOst vs Zimmerit & archangeldaniel

+
# 15atr3uh Aug 9 2013, 18:02 PM
Zero vs aLEX

+
# 16atr3uh Aug 10 2013, 15:16 PM
DBerlatto vs CcArtS03

+
# 17atr3uh Aug 12 2013, 17:58 PM
SageOfTheSix vs SturmTigerJamin

+
# 18atr3uh Aug 13 2013, 22:52 PM
QUOTE(atr3uh @ Aug 6 2013, 12:21 PM) *

I know but it doesnt work for me for some reason! =(

I click it, it starts to load up and then it just goes white and has the GAMEREVOLUTIONcraveonline logo thing in the bottom.....

There we go! Finally managed to get it to work, had to use ie tab inside chrome, it load the page all wrong but at least it load, otherwise i would just get a blank page all the time....

anyways here it is, the latest video
http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes...ils&id=5057

i will now stop spamming this thread and just put it directly on the video section.

+
# 19SgtBulldog Aug 15 2013, 19:06 PM
Nice ones.

I suggest you try to pay attention to moving the camera some what more carefully. You move the screen a lot around with the mouse, which is natural for a player, but sometimes disorientating for a spectator because he cannot anticipate which direction you are going move. (i'm not referring to minimap moves, but scrolling)

Maybe lower mouse sensitivity for the purpose of casting?

Cheers.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 20atr3uh Aug 15 2013, 20:44 PM
QUOTE(SgtBulldog @ Aug 15 2013, 11:06 AM) *

Nice ones.

I suggest you try to pay attention to moving the camera some what more carefully. You move the screen a lot around with the mouse, which is natural for a player, but sometimes disorientating for a spectator because he cannot anticipate which direction you are going move. (i'm not referring to minimap moves, but scrolling)

Maybe lower mouse sensitivity for the purpose of casting?

Cheers.

Hadnt thought about that. I will tinker with the scrolling speed for next video. Thanks!

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)